1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

why no one joins to custom games?

Discussion in 'StarCraft 2 Maps, Replays, Modding' started by toni, Sep 20, 2010.

why no one joins to custom games?

1. toni

toni New Member

i recently downloaded a dota like map for starcraft which lets us play with heroes but when i host the game no one ever joins and playing against the computer is boring and dull since the computer doesnt use heroes they just send normal troops.

what can i do?

2. Aurora

Aurora The Defiant

The Netherlands
    If you're referring to SotiS, I really can't say that I've ever had problems filling up a game. :/

3. EatMeReturns

EatMeReturns Happy Mapper Moderator

Albuquerque, New Mexico
    Whenever I host, nothing happens for like, 2-7 minutes, then suddenly people start joining my game all at once, as if I had just hosted it.

4. toni

toni New Member

thanks, i guess i have to be more patient then

5. 1n5an1ty

1n5an1ty Member

Reality
    Thats becuz sometimes people start playing in waves. because there are other games that are being palyed (sotis games) sry if i dont make sense im kinda sleepy. like seriously im about to DIE

6. EatMeReturns

Albuquerque, New Mexico
    Actually, it is because when you host your game, your game lobby gets "in line" to start accepting players for a given map. The hosts who host before you have their games prioritized before yours, so theirs fill up before yours does. Thus the wait time will increase based on the size of the game lobbies for the map, and the popularity of the map.

7. toochaos

toochaos New Member

just join a game? it is easier and if there is no game it will auto host for you its sweet.

8. EatMeReturns

Albuquerque, New Mexico
    But the auto-host often chooses incorrect game variants, and sometimes players want to ensure they have the host slot so they can set game settings once the game starts.

9. -1equalsexp(ipi)

-1equalsexp(ipi) New Member

Which dota like map is this?

If this thread is refering to my map (Hero Attack) then I suggest you wait till i'm done the first patch (I'll try to advertise the patch before I publish it so hopefully more people will join).

Basically the current popularity based system makes it impossible for new maps to gain enough players to start a game, and as a result they remain at the bottom.

If the map you are refering to is not hero attack then my advice is that you should wait for the popularity system to be fixed or removed.

10. Aurora

Aurora The Defiant

The Netherlands
    It's called Storm of the Impersial Sanctum.

11. EatMeReturns

Albuquerque, New Mexico
    OP never actually mentioned which map he was talking about. Storm of the IMPERIAL Sanctum is probably the one he wanted to host, though.

I never got a chance to play Hero Attack with you, eipi!!!

12. -1equalsexp(ipi)

-1equalsexp(ipi) New Member

I seriously doubt the original poster is refering to SOTIS since SOTIS is at the top of the popularity list and has thousands of people joining every hour. If the original poster had difficulty playing the game because noone was joining the map it is probably because the map isn't at the top of the popularity lost.

"I never got a chance to play Hero Attack with you, eipi!!!"

Given that it's been over a week since I published version one and pretty much noone has played a game (personally I haven't played my own game), I think the chance of playing hero attack any time soon is low. Wait until i'm done patch 1.1. It will feature alot more content such as 12 new heroes, some new items, etc. I'll try to advertise the patch before hand on various sites to encourage people to join when I release the new patch. If it were still August I probably would have finished patch 1.1 by now, but as it's Semptember alot of my time is being taken up by classes. It will take me atleast 2 weeks until the patch is done.

13. EatMeReturns

Albuquerque, New Mexico
    Fair enough. I was really looking forward to playing on the day you said you were testing...