1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WoW took too much time to play...

Discussion in 'Blizzard Forum' started by HuxleyStronghead, Feb 16, 2010.

WoW took too much time to play...

Discussion in 'Blizzard Forum' started by HuxleyStronghead, Feb 16, 2010.

1. HuxleyStronghead

HuxleyStronghead New Member

Has anybody noticed it? I remember that players complained that it takes far too much of time to play WoW. But especially with the last patches now that has changed.

Just think of the mounts. Now it is already possible to get a mount with level 20. It also costs less if I remember. If one wants to do a dungeon, the party finder is far more effective now and spares lots and lots of time. The player gets even teleported in and out of the dungeon. Also the quest map does spare lots of time by showing where to go or to kill monsters. So at this points I have to say that Blizzard did their best to improve the game and solve the problem. And they succeeded. It is much softer now to play WoW, though I have to admit the quest map help may be a bit too much. It was more fun and challenge to look up a quest on a database.

2. Jshep89

Jshep89 New Member

This is new and exciting!!

Stop qqing about it, and the map system didn't change anything. I was using carbonite way before it was released and still do. Who cares if it takes up less time? Thats a good thing it means i don't have to sacrifice a social life just to meet some raiding guilds stupid schedule.

In other news

Why is the wow discussion forums leaking into sc2forum?

3. Supahboih

Supahboih New Member

Sweden
    calm down, he has the right to post about wow as long as he posts in the Other Blizzard Games section.

4. Kaaraa

Kaaraa Space Junkie

United States
    The entire purpose of WoW (and all other MMOs) in a nutshell.

5. HuxleyStronghead

Well, I was never one of those who complained! ... uhm, OK, I hated to wait for dungeon parties. But then I read about the new party finder and couldn't believe that Blizzard made such a great change. When I read about it, I wanted to play WoW again.

But I think it did change a lot. And that maybe too much. It gives too much of information now. Every noob can now do the quests. I met people who couldn't even use a simple database. It seems that even that was a challenge for them. And now all that what normally a database could tell, the noobs now get the info just for free and no effort. But again, I'm not saying that it ruins things for sure. It just feels a bit strange (too much info)... where is the exploration spirit gone?

6. raverferret

raverferret New Member

I personaly would not pay to play !
    It's one thing to pay for a game and to play it alot ,
    Quite another to buy the game and have to keep paying for it over and over again !
    As the saying goes ( one born every minute )
    In this case lots :p

7. RationalThought

RationalThought New Member

What is there to know, that isn't clearly already
    I don't play it anymore, canceled-sub several months back, but I have to correct your train of thought.

Anyone who has NEVER payed out of their own pocket for a MMO is very limited in their knowledge of how this can potentially save them money.

Now, granted it depends on the game and if it interests you, because if it fails to do so...well, then it's a waste of cash - but....so is ANY game you buy and end up hating...MMo's only request a bit more cash upfront if you pay for 1 month of play.

Now, how it saves you money is if the game is so fun and addictive that you can handle playing that instead of buying/renting more games during that period of time. (however many months it can hold you till you need a break - in which case you cancel sub and come back when you are re-interested)

Let's say a rental costs $8 for 7 days, and you just rent 4 games in the period of 1 month. That's $32 in a month without adding in any games bought. Take into account those who buy a game once a month cause they get bored or beat all the game offers within that short time period - where as MMOs don't have that flaw. (if you wish to call it a flaw)

One decent argument could be a game you buy that allows hours of re-playability without a monthly cost...where if you could honestly NOT rent or BUY anything else and play that game then yes you save cash. One key difference is if you avoid DLC's(cause that's $) that most MMOs give updates with out any additional pay on the monthly, making the game continue to offer something a bit more new and fresh.

TLDR: Monthly pay CAN save you money more often then not if you are playing one that cures your itch to buy/rent multiple times a month.

8. ijffdrie

ijffdrie Lord of Spam

hrm, the new map system would have helped a lot getting loremaster :p.

The new map thing is awesome. The only quest thingie i want to complain about is how easy it is(and always has been) to get loremaster of northrend. Icecrown and Storm Peaks are hard, but for Zul'drak and Scholazar you don't even need to visit all hubs.

9. Jshep89

Jshep89 New Member

The exploration is still there. I mean it gives them info on how to complete quests but they still have to walk there, and they can still explore the environment for new things. Also if it helps new players finish quests and experience the game easier.. Then i don't see how its really an issue. Also how does it being free have anything to do with it? All the quest helper addons are free too. I think its great that blizzard is making the game more convenient, and honestly hope they keep going in this direction. I think its kind of insane how many addons and things are required to play this game.

10. cautionmike_190

cautionmike_190 New Member

Philippines
    hmmmm WOW is upgrading from lvl 60 to 80 so that`s might be the problem your`e experience or your just not good al leveling

11. Hodl pu

Hodl pu New Member

Compared to some other MMO's WoW doesn't take that long.

The new dungeon teleport and easy mount system is great because, WoW isn't getting many "first time players" now anyway. Not saying there are no new players, but the amount has diminished a LOT.

I like it, it helps new players catch up with their friends and makes alternative characters easier to level since we've seen the WoW world already.

12. the8thark

the8thark New Member

Yes I agree all these new changes gets new players and alts up to the end game content and raiding really quickly. SO you can raid with your friends. But what if your main want to play WoW is to level toons and enjoy the leveling process? Then are you being gimped because leveling and doing quests is becoming so much easier?

That's why I'm not so much a fan of these new changes. Sure I know Blizzard have to cater for the new players who want to hit end game content fast. But for those like me who like to take their tile levelling alts and enjoying the WoW scenery it's a serious blow. Mind you once you've seen the same place for the 100th time the new novelty of it soon wears off. I'm not against quicker levelling. That's cool. I'm just against all these new features to make levelling and questiong easier to do.

And for these reasons my favourite WoW was late vanilla around 1.12 and late TBC around 2.4->2.4.3

13. HuxleyStronghead

Honestly said: I don't know how good I am. But I believe I make some good money though... At least it makes fun to farm around.

14. ijffdrie

ijffdrie Lord of Spam

I heard it suggested on some WoW forum somewhere:

Vanilla and TBC realms.

15. the8thark

the8thark New Member

That's like saying I want to use a manual typewriter instead of a computer cause it uses less electricity. Yes I know I like Vanilla and TBC better but I'm not about to be left out in the cond and not play the lastest. I know my choice to sacrifice what I like for the new. But even too much of a good thing is not too good. It gets boring. New WoW content keeps me there.

Funny I play the new content simple cause it's there, not cause I like it. Cause I can't say I liek it much at all. Does that make me a WoW addict? Maybe lol. An addict but I can survive with only a few puffs on the WoW cigar every week. I'm not a chain WoW cigarette smoker.

16. ijffdrie

ijffdrie Lord of Spam

the typewriter anology isn't that good.

It's more like improving your coca-cola recipe, but keep making the old one too

17. the8thark

the8thark New Member

Yes bad analogies. But I think you get me.
    But the only thing is I don't have time to drink both coke recipes. So I chose the new one. I dunno if it's better but it's new.