1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1 v 7 Insane AI Comps

Discussion in 'General StarCraft 2 Discussion' started by Prodigal, Jul 21, 2010.

1 v 7 Insane AI Comps

1. Aurora

Aurora The Defiant

The Netherlands
    On my to do list.

2. sc2strategy

sc2strategy New Member

VA
    if you spawn near the edges, you can float to island easily. if you spawn in the middle, eh, you might lag a little bit. you kinda gotta get lucky with the last AI. my first try, I attacked too late and the last Zerg AI rolled me hard. but my second try I played offensive and won.

3. westx

westx Guest

did this yesterday, first attempt - got lucky. (7 insane ai in ffa)

still have the replay, will post it up if someone tells me a site to do so.

basically i walled off as terran and one based my way to battlecruisers, ai killed eachother off until only two were left. i rolled them with my battlecruisers, had to float my buildings because their ground army destroyed my base - but i destroyed all their anti air and won.

pretty boring.

4. the8thark

the8thark New Member

I dunno if this is possible. But just make a map with 8 starting points. And have 7 of the starting points all boxed in with no minerals. And only one is open with minerals. And just restart the melee/FFA till you get put in the open spot and use air units to waste the few starting units.

I'm not sure if user created maps in FFA will count for this or if you have to use Official Blizzard maps. But if a custom created maps work then it's an easy way to get any of the AI related achievements.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2010
  5. Makeahole

Makeahole New Member

Atlanta
    Missing WoW

I miss playing WoW and Blizzard has a great tactic of making you a least log in every so often so that you don't loose your toon. I've been paying $15/mo. without playing for a year now just so I can keep my toons, lol.

At one point in time I was the 12th best Hunter on my server of 23k players but it takes rading on a nightly basis to keep that standing and once I started working again that was just not possible.

6. DeltaDevil

DeltaDevil New Member

I can attest that the load up a CC with SCVs and fly to an island cheese works. I met shockingly little resistance, only two computers ever bothered to attack me and with a paltry force.

7. gr33nspan

gr33nspan Guest

Has anyone else beaten 7 insane AIs and have not won the achievement/orlan portrait? I've done it twice and unlocked nothing. The first time I sort of legitimately won by turtling cannons and massing voids. I used the island floating trick the second time making sure there were 7 other AI's that were on insane difficulty with no handicap but nada after I win. Anyone know what the deal is?

8. zaner123

zaner123 New Member

Washington, USA
    I *think* it has to be made as a custom game, under the multiplayer tab not the singleplayer tab.

I did you what you did and did not get the achievement. I'll try again with custom. Did did did

9. TheSneak109

TheSneak109 New Member

Canada
    Can anyone comfirm if this works? I would imagine Blizzard would have thought that through >_>

10. Mattata

Mattata New Member

I could never even beat 2 comps at first I thought you said that people had beaten 7 insane level comps on the same team by themselves, that would be insane.

11. Barbarossa

Barbarossa New Member

I beat the 7 insane FFA yesterday on the first try. It seems rather easy in the correct circumstances:

Play terran, set 7 AI's to zerg
    Wall off at choke, 2 rax + factory, pump marines and 8 tanks + 4-5 turrets in key locations, build CC
    Expand at natural, build PF
    3x startport, build 7-8 battlecruisers

Immediately move the cruisers out to cleanse remaining Zerg armies.

The only moment that was even close to threatening was the first push where my 10 marines had to fight off 3 roaches and 10-12 lings from behind choke. I imagine that if 3-4 of the AI's attacked that way in sequence, it might have been some challenge. But that didn't happen. Just a few random AI hydra/roach/infesto clumps running into my siege tanks and getting sluaghtered. It was not difficult at all.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2010
  12. edepot

edepot New Member

1 vs 7 random comps in team (melee)

Well, in Starcraft: Brood War, you can have one versus seven random computers in a team on the hardest level. I know that because I beat 7 random comps in a team when I was protoss. This was on the version 1.15.1 version of Starcraft Brood War. You can get the replay here: www.edepot.com/game.html (scroll down a bit).

Is it now impossible to go against 7 random comps on the insane level on starcraft 2? That would suck, because it would be too easy. Just look at the replay above, with one protoss, I was able to beat ALL the comps in a team, and using no cheats or cheap skate tactics (like blocking a choke, or getting their workers to follow you around so they can't get resources). Also, no saves or reloads.

13. Amberlamps

Amberlamps New Member

That sounds interesting. I'm gonna have to try that strategy, although I don't think I'm anywhere close to beating something like that at this point in the game.

We shall see :D

14. Zeta333

Zeta333 New Member

Has anyone tried this?

15. Prodigal

Prodigal New Member

Whats the best map to do this on? (of all the 8 player maps).

16. stesan

stesan Guest

I have beaten 1v2 and 1v3 insane yet no achievements. how do you get them? it was on a map where you start out on islands. I beat the mediums as well.. no achievements. getting frustrating.

17. stesan

stesan Guest

ok figured it out. you do have to create from the multiplayer menu to get those achievements.

18. Emeralds

Emeralds Guest

so.. the easy way to do it is to use a map that has the island expansion with 2 mineral patches. Be terran and immediately fly to the island and tech for BC. mop up whats left of the computers and lol

19. cromar

cromar New Member

Typically, the best way to crush an AI is to turtle up and make capital ships (BC, carrier) because the AI fails so bad at countering them.

20. Reldric

Reldric New Member

Las Vegas
    Honestly, the way that I found which worked very easily was to play terran and set them all as zerg. Put the map on Abyss, and turtle with 2 bunkers at the top of your cliff. mass marines, marauders, medivacs, tanks, and a few thors. Make sure you keep up constant upgrades on your infantry and vehicles, and once your bunkers go down due to banelings, simply hold the ramp with infantry.

Once your minerals are mined out, expand to your natural and watch the armies melt to 12 or so 3-3 siege tanks backing up 3-3 infantry. The ai does not upgrade. Eventually move out and destroy whatever remains