1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Are you dissapointed?

Discussion in 'Blizzcon 2009' started by A milli, Aug 23, 2009.

Are you dissapointed?

Discussion in 'Blizzcon 2009' started by A milli, Aug 23, 2009.

1. A milli

A milli New Member

Virginia
    A lot od people had high expectations for blizzcon 09....like beta being released. is anyone dissapointed with the amount of sc2 they had

2. SarkFall

SarkFall New Member

Not at all, between the new features, primarily in the map editor and battle.net, as well as the sweet 2v2 gameplay this BlizzCon couldn't have done much more to rally re-spark my interest in sc2. I'm not saying I don't really want the beta-key, just that I'm not disappointed. Besides I've heard the beta will be out before then end of the year.

3. MarineCorp

MarineCorp New Member

England, United Kingdom
    I have to agree with SarkFal. the 2v2 matches were quite interesting but i felt the colossus could shorten the range a bit but the game is looking really good atm.

4. A milli

A milli New Member

Virginia
    it would have been nice to have beta started though

5. Lobsterlegs

Lobsterlegs Guest

nope.
    A beta NOW when the release is in Q1 2010?
    Not rly, wait until November, THEN start complainin'

6. Higgs Boson

Higgs Boson New Member

It was to be expected that this blizzcon would be less about SCII and more diablo/wow oriented. We got hefty of information about the editor and thats enough to make it worthwhile.
    Obviously there wouldnt be beta announcment although they could have hinted more accurate date of the beta launch.

7. Vetro

Vetro New Member

Toronto, Canada
    Blizzcon 09 was excellent! Plenty of info released about SC2, some nice previews of cinematics, a demo showcasing the amazing new editor, and a few demo matchs. Though, as with several other forum members, I feel that the lack of news on the Beta is somewhat dissapointing, but the year still has a few months left in it, we'll see what happens then.

Last edited: Aug 23, 2009
  8. A milli

A milli New Member

Virginia
    yeah i was hoping for a beta release date.

9. ItzaHexGor

ItzaHexGor Active Member

Sydney, Australia
    You've said that three times now.

I don't see why the Beta should have been expected. BlizzCon's much more focused on releasing information than getting people to play, and they'd never implied that they'd announce Beta then. If you expected it to be, then your expectations were seriously far to high. Being disappointed at anything less than Beta is not a healthy attitude.

10. cameronielsen

cameronielsen New Member

I'm not dissappointed at all. I know lots of us HOPED for beta, but how many of us honestly EXPECTED beta? I didn't...

The reason I'm not dissappointed is because now we have a better understanding of the total package that SC2 will be. We have a good idea of the nice features that must be finalized in bnet2 before beta, we know how amazing the galaxy editor is, we know how awesome single player / voice acting / story will be. I'm more pumped than ever!

11. CyberPitz

CyberPitz New Member

I am not even close to being disappointed. I actually got to see more than I was expecting! More information on the lore, SP information, and the likes were obvious, but seeing the editor in action was such a treat!

12. the8thark

the8thark New Member

Oh yes I'm very disappointed. I had strong expectations on how good SC 2 would be and what Blizzard would deliver ad Blizzcon. And Blizzard took my expectation and put them in the toilet and hit the flush button.

Mind you what they did deliver was 100x better than what I would have ever imagined.

[end sarcasm] :)

13. Jshep89

Jshep89 New Member

I wasn't so much disappointed about them not announcing beta as I was about other things. I mean the introduction of cataclysm felt rushed, the info they gave on game play on any of the games was very minimal, and they didn't shed any light on the hidden MMO project. I mean compared to last years blizzcon this felt like a waste of time.

14. ItzaHexGor

ItzaHexGor Active Member

Sydney, Australia
    Yeah, how dare they not announce yet another of their unannounced games when they've been accused of announcing games far too early on in development already?

But seriously, how can you expect them to announce another project just because it's BlizzCon? You do realise they'd practically have to come up with a brand new game each year to fulfil your 'expectations', don't you? And what info were you expecting to be given on gameplay?

Last edited: Aug 25, 2009
  15. A milli

A milli New Member

Virginia
    nevr said i expected beta and sorry bout repeating myself

16. Higgs Boson

Higgs Boson New Member

Yes Jshep lets turn Blizzard into the second EA and make them spit out new games every month. That will ensure high quality product. They already made on mistake of announcing Starcraft: Ghost too early and we all know how that went. Ill rather wait two more years as long as the new MMO will follow the good Blizzard tradition of top quality games.

17. JacobBlair1

JacobBlair1 New Member

Chandler, AZ
    First the year isnt over so saying that doesnt make any difference but honest to god if im blizzard i cut the budget from the game its been in production in Alpha for like 2 years WTF are they doing?

18. CyberPitz

CyberPitz New Member

Yeah, if you look at it from a "I have no idea what really is going on in their heads, and I'm just making 'I want the game right now' calls"...I see what you are talking about.

Now, how about we look at it on THEIR side.

They want the game to be as polished as it possibly can be. They would rather release the game in perfect condition a year later, then a half finished game that will just piss people off a year early. Imagine it this way. The game is released in December. *Obviously a quarter or more early...* The game is buggy, not quite balanced and there are some things preventing you from enjoying the full product. Are you going to go "Well, at least I got the game now, I'm happy." or "OMG WTF BLIZZARD MAKES **** GAMES!"

I bet I already know the answer to this, though.

19. Bthammer45

Bthammer45 New Member

How can anyone be dissappointed......

What else did you expect to see the entire game play out right befor your eyes they have already shown some of the campaign and the asspects of how battle net will work not to mention the editor which if you not satisfied by just that then I can"t see how you would with anything else.

This just shows how unsatisfied people are with anything. They complaign about everything from the awsome look of diablo 3 to people going crazy over lan when people like me look at it and say "the game is not out yet, look at blizzards track record".

The release of information was top notch and I got alot more then I thought i was going to see.

Look ill make it really simply blizzard is doing better then the other companie because they know what they are doing and I don"t know how to make it simpler then that. They have what a couple games 1 of which is a sport in south korea and the rest that are still doing well even being what 10 years old. So if you don"t like this or you you dislike this in anyway there is a whole host of crappy games out there you can play and spend your money on and forget the whole aspect of good games entirely.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2009
  20. qOcOp

qOcOp New Member

I was. until i saw the editor today.