1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Beta Key: details revealed yet?

Discussion in 'BlizzCon 2007' started by Remy, Aug 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Beta Key: details revealed yet?

Discussion in 'BlizzCon 2007' started by Remy, Aug 4, 2007.

1. drewcbarnard

drewcbarnard Member

Finnally I get a chance to use a computer. Hey guys, Just got back from California today and this is the first time I have been able to use a computer. With respect to the beta key, it is not confirmed as of what it will be for, some nerds said it would be for the new WoW expansion, and some nerds said it would be for SC2. Fact of the matter is that more people said it would be for the WoW expansion rather than SC2. Now my take on it was this: Supposedly the WoW expansion will be released sometime around the winter holidays (from what I heard) and if that is the case, I think it is a little too late for a Beta testing on the expansion, although it is very much possible.

I think that the beta will be for SC2 in all honestly (don't let me give your hopes up). I played the SC2 demo they had there like 25 times and it is pretty good, although there are many things I would change (those things you will here about a little later in my Blizzcon Experience topic soon to come..after I finish tagging and uploading the 200 photos I have.) I can see them pumping out the Zerg race around the holidays and I would put money on the beta key being for SC2.

There is one other thing I also heard. There might be the possibility of this beta key working for both beta tests, which several people also speculated upon. Either way, there is still no confirmation, one can only hope.

P.S. Stay tuned for my topic on my Blizzcon experience, I have got some really good photos that you may find very informative... they should be up no later than tommorrow... hopefully tonight....

2. Tym29

Tym29 New Member

I can't wait to see those photos I didn't take many my self as I spent almost all of my time playing the game. I had some requests for pictures of cute night elves, did you get any of those... cause I didn't. :-\

3. Tym29

Tym29 New Member

:thumbup: Yeah would be nice.

4. Matriarch

Matriarch New Member

What does one have to do for a Beta key other then attend these kind of conventions?

5. GuiMontag

GuiMontag New Member

thats probably the only way, because blizzard isnt doing an open beta.

6. paragon

paragon Guest

they hand out WoW beta keys to any random shmuck (no offense to these people). StarCraft 2 beta they actually have to make it balanced and whatnot so they want good people for that.

7. Tym29

Tym29 New Member

Having been at the convention I’m not sure they were all "good people" but if it doesn't end up being for WoW there will be a bunch that will show up on Ebay. It seemed like the number of people at the convention specifically for WoW was HUGE compared to the number involve with the Starcraft universe.

8. Tym29

Tym29 New Member

they were in the gift bags so I think evryone got one, and thats thousands of people at one event.

9. fell

fell Guest

Have a friend thats on the dev team for starcraft2 (helping design maps) He says its still up in the air if the beta key is for the WoW expansion or SC2 they are both in comparable states and would both probably be finished around the same time. He said it wouldn't be determined for probably 3-4 months at least. But in all likelihood it would be for sc2. Thankfully i bought 4 blizzcon tickets:>

aim-invisgothic

10. GrahamTastic

GrahamTastic Member

I hope it is for SCII. I don't have one, but we would be able to get a lot of in-depth info because people would be able to spend all the time they wanted with the game. (or, more than they could at Blizzcon at least)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.