1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Billy versus Dimaga

Discussion in 'StarCraft 2 Maps, Replays, Modding' started by kuvasz, Sep 24, 2010.

Billy versus Dimaga

1. kuvasz

kuvasz Corrections Officer

Hungary
  2. Xern

Xern New Member

That's hardly a proof of Terran being OP. Billy did play better macro-wise, sure, but he made some serious blunders in contrary to Dimaga.

- On a few occasions he mismanaged his units badly, examples being losing a lot of drones to a few vikings (i guess around 25 min.), losing units that were in "hold position" mode, or losing mutas to missile turrets (33 min. i believe)

- He had a lot of bases, but only about half saturated, so his economical edge was a lot smaller than it appeared.

- He didn't apply enough pressure, he was too much in defense mode.

- Billy fought battles suprisingly bad. It started from bad positions (at chokes). After engaging he realised he was at disadvantage so he tried to retreat, losing a ton of units for free. That happened on many occasions. If he attacked on open fields, possibly using nydus, and tried to get a surround, this would have looked differently.

- He had a problem with marauders microing, a few fungal growths would have worked wonders.

- He didn't spread creep enough.

- There were long periods when he had a lot of larvas, a lot of minerals but he didn't make any units. Suprising with his high enough APM.

- Instead of getting so many ultras, he could have made BL's. He made them, but only a few and he didn't have almost any AA, so a few vikings took care of them. If he made corruptors + BL's + infestors for fungal growth he would decimate Dimaga's forces.

IMO.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2010
  3. TastyTreat

TastyTreat New Member

Vanity Ruins
    I think the main thing we can take away from the replay is. A zerg player has to play a near perfect game to compete. I do find it pretty ridiculous how much protoss and terran can get out of 1 base for the longest time. When i play it feels if i dont take my Natural i pretty much stand no chance.

Props to both players for a good game, but on another note screw terran and protoss, i await the day when zerg is fixed.

4. DarkCommander

DarkCommander New Member

Canada
    Hehe, terran can play 3 base vs zerg 7. Thats because of mules and because zerg often just send wave after wave at terran while terrans will hit and run. In that game dimaga did a great job snipping the ultralisks. I mean you can't pop out infinit ultras so dimaga just sniped them until it was the good moment to attack.

5. kuvasz

kuvasz Corrections Officer

Hungary
    I'm not saying the Zerg player didn't make mistakes but really, if your opponent has twice as many bases as you they should roflstomp you with 0 micro. Okay, not all his expansions were saturated, so make that 4-5 against 2-3... meh.