1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Blizzard Officially Announces Diablo 3!

Discussion in 'WWI 2008' started by MeisterX, Jun 28, 2008.

Blizzard Officially Announces Diablo 3!

Discussion in 'WWI 2008' started by MeisterX, Jun 28, 2008.

1. furrer

furrer New Member

Denmark
    Then its nice just to be 14! Just the generation that will know all the good old games, and all the good new games (starcraft 1 to starcraft 3).

2. ijffdrie

ijffdrie Lord of Spam

actually you are never to old for games, i know plenty 40 yeaar olds who play games

3. SuccaMC

SuccaMC New Member

Death Star
    I think some of the sound effects were a little weak sounding. but maybe thats just because the video on the site is low quality or something. I'm going to agree about textures. Graphics look dated. Almost like updated Dungeon Siege 2 with some new visual effects. The water looks nice IMO.

4. Gasmaskguy

Gasmaskguy New Member

Sweden
    I thought the sound effects were good, except for ONE. Ugh! It irritated me a lot to hear a friggin KOBOLT from Warcraft 3 (and probably WoW too) make a cry or something like that when the first battle began.

5. furrer

furrer New Member

Denmark
    Thats just because they havent made all dont you think? Like some of the old sounds in Starcraft 2. The soundtrack is one of the best IMO.

6. Gasmaskguy

Gasmaskguy New Member

Sweden
    I never said I thought it was final did I? I know it's a placeholder, I pray it is, but you can still be irritated about it, don't you think? I started the vid and was in a total Diablo mode when a friggin Kobolt made me think of Warcraft. :p Not good.

7. Itsmyship

Itsmyship New Member

Where only cool people live... So Cal!
    So, I just went to blizzard.com/diablo3 and might I say that I have never played any of the Diablos ever, but my God, I got excited over this. I am seriously tempted to just go and buy the Diablo Battle Chest set right now.

I do have to say though....you'd think Blizzard would've made Diablo into a MMORPG before they made Warcraft into one...

8. JudicatorPrime

JudicatorPrime New Member

No, Diablo must not be MMO'd.

I love everything about Diablo 3. Everything. I have no tiff with the graphics or sound, the soundtrack in the trailers are amazing. Graphics will improve like they SC2, and they're fine in my eyes as they are now.

However I'm worried about which classes got the cut. There's apparently only 5 classes, 2 have appeared already. There were 7 classes in LoD, and one of them is replaced by the Witch Doctor.

9. furrer

furrer New Member

Denmark
    i know you never said that, but did I say you said it? But I can understand you feeling, ofc. I just wanted to say that I think they have done a great job.

10. Prodigal

Prodigal New Member

Ironically, Diablo would make more sense as an MMO than WoW.

11. furrer

furrer New Member

Denmark
    Perhaps, but I like the way Blizzard are doing it, improoving the multiplayer but letting the SP be the most important part of the game.

12. Itsmyship

Itsmyship New Member

Yea. Honestly, it's already very much like an MMO, but from what I can see, without the grinding crap.

So....just now, I went to go buy the Diablo Battle Chest. First off, it was $30, which surprised me, but I got over that. But then, the people wouldn't sell it to me because I'm 16. Really? Half a year less than 17 and I'm not mature enough to play Diablo? Anyway, I then go to Best Buy, and $40! I'm not going to pay $40 for something that I could buy for $30 at the mall. On top of that, it was about 100 outside and the air conditioning in the car I was driving wasn't working.

So yea....there's my complaint of the day :p

13. furrer

furrer New Member

Denmark
    itsmyship what the rules in your country? In my I just go into a shop and buy what pc game I want, no problem whatever. And Yes, it looks like a kind of MMO (but with a lot of rpg, even more than in a mmorpg), without waiting 5000 years for getting good gear / lvl 70

14. Itsmyship

Itsmyship New Member

Well, most stores don't necessarily care, but the ones around me are sticklers for this. When a game is rated "M" as in Mature, you have to be 17 to buy it or you have to have a parent accompanying you. Just some rule that goes back to the first Mortal Combat when parents complained about blood and violence and all that crap. Again, most stores don't really care, but the ones around me apparently do. And apparently being 16...16 and half actually, lessens my maturity. Oh well.

Granted, I can just get someone else to buy it for me, but still....it just makes it a bit inconvenient haha.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2008
  15. JudicatorPrime

JudicatorPrime New Member

Thankfully it's not an MMO...

16. kuvasz

kuvasz Corrections Officer

Hungary
    I was bored so I made 3 D3 avatars if anyone's interested.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2008
  17. SOGEKING

SOGEKING New Member

Wooooaaaaawwwwwwwwww

I am amazingly surprised by the beauty of this game !!! Diablo 2 came just after Brood War, so normally Diablo 3 will arrive just after Starcraft 2.

I really like the gameplay of D3. I especially like the fact that the characters, may they be heroes or monsters, influence the decorations, the doodads. When the heroes hit some rocks they are destroyed for instance !

Pretty good ! I hope the environment in SC2 will be influenced by the kind of attacks ! For instance against a nuclear launch in a forest area the trees must burn and disappear.
    If the marines are attacked by an Ultralisk they must be cut in two.

.... it will be very hard for the Blizzard team to make all that, even to think about each effect done in each situation.

ONE QUESTION PLEASE :

Who is Abd Al-Hazir ? An historian it is said. But is he (or was he) a real person, or a character created in Diablo ? Can you tell me his history please ?

18. Space Pirate Rojo

Space Pirate Rojo New Member

Canada, eh?
    As far as I know, Abd Al-Hazir is just a character Blizzard is using to introduce Diablo 3 on their site.

Snap. Kuvasz, can I use the Barbarian one?

19. MyWifeforauir

MyWifeforauir New Member

oooh thx kuvasz for sharing
    man i'm looking forward to so many games..... and diablo 3 got added to the list

20. Wlck742

Wlck742 New Member

In your head
    Yeah, Abd Al-Hazir isn't a real character. It's possible you might come across him as an easter egg in the game, but he's less important than the information he has.