1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

BlizzCon 2008 Cinematics, Screen Shots, Unit Portraits and More!

Discussion in 'BlizzCon 2008' started by MeisterX, Oct 14, 2008.

BlizzCon 2008 Cinematics, Screen Shots, Unit Portraits and More!

Discussion in 'BlizzCon 2008' started by MeisterX, Oct 14, 2008.

1. MeisterX

MeisterX Hyperion

New Port Richey, FL
    Yeah, our server is definitely pretty impressive. :D I like it. ;)

I wish we could use it to its full potential.

We have a pretty schweet server, so don't ever think it has gone down because of traffic load. ;)

2. Darktemplar_L

Darktemplar_L New Member

Bay Area
    Wow, the Zerg portraits are amazing, very detailed and scary! Also, I love the NightHawk's design. The links to the videos, could you please post them up on a site and not make us download it please? The download time for me said three hours...

3. MeisterX

MeisterX Hyperion

New Port Richey, FL
  4. zeratul11

zeratul11 New Member

where is tosh campaign screenshot? you mean the uplcose screenshot cutscenes or an in game screenshot with the switch blade?

yeah tosh is obviously a ghost with the gllwing red line i his suit just like nova suit. at first i thought he was duran.

wow the officers in starcraft reminds of warhammer with the medieval style uniform (honer, valerian, mengsk). i expected something very different and unique blizzard not warhammer 40k inspired but i guess warhammer 40k medieval sci fantasy style is just so badass it can't be ignored. well anyway it still look cool enough in the starcraft universe.

the battlecruiser cruiser interior is different now. just what i expected, its more bc unique and more epic now unlike the plain one before that most agree and give a lot of arguable reasons why so. raynor got no money to decorate the hyperion? yeah right. its just placeholder and initial mistakes. im expecting something more to be added.

nighthawk. looks fragile, impractical, etc. (lorewise) and very unterran, right? but yeah its one of the best looking terran units right now and is definitely terran. one example of a unique blizzard original design unit, imagine it as the bansee (not the apachechopper). there. this is what ive been saying all along.

good day itza, but i wonder what you think about the nighthawk. coz its this kind of unit design that you don't see the terran can't come up with and will never implement just like most of the pic i posted in the past. what can you say about the "not practical" dragon fly wings of the nighthawk? its fragile look? which you always include when talking lorewise. the overall sleek design?

yeah im kinda sound arrogant and flaming right now, but im just excited about the changes. ^^

by the way the zeratul fight cinematic can be downloaded (494mb). is this HD direct from blizzard? i just want to know before downloading it. thanks.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2008
  5. Gforce

Gforce New Member

is it just me, or has the colossi attack look returned to the lance beams?

6. Chax424

Chax424 New Member

A
    Unit portraits are incredible!
    Cheers! Thanks loads.

7. ItzaHexGor

ItzaHexGor Active Member

Sydney, Australia
    Here's the screenshot with Tosh I was referring to:
    http://www.starcraftwire.net/gallery/data/501/singleplayer_Screenshots05_.jpg

What red line are you referring to?

Nah, it was only really the Imperial Guard that dressed like that, and the Imperial Guard didn't even wear armour. Well, not much... What idiots.

I don't reckon it's too inspired by WarHammer. It's common across a whole range of stuff. They're merely wearing articles of rank. Even our mayors nowadays wear stuff like that. :p

You mean before as in StarCraft1? Or before as in the first campaign shots we saw? About it being decorated despite Raynor having no money, I reckon it's just because we're seeing more shots of the bar and rec hall. Considering what all the high paid military commanders must have for their bar and rec hall, I reckon this suits well. All the stuff in there looks like it's fifty years old or so, it's cheap booze, cheap lighting, broken glasses, everything's abraded and dirty... I reckon it suits his situation well.

I was agreeing with you there at first. :p I'm not a huge fan of it, but I'm not openly opposed to it. The design works due to its role. The Science Vessel and original Nomad both had similar designs done in the same sort of style as the Nighthawk, which all worked, but in my opinion that was due to the fact that they all share a similar role. If any of those models were given to more combat orientated ships, I don't see them working. It's definitely a unique design, but I don't reckon it's been resolved. I reckon the body's great, but the four flimsy wing things need to either go or be redesigned, as I don't see them working.

Heya! Good to have you back. :D

I basically stated my overall opinion just then, but just to recap, I reckon it's a great design for its role, so wouldn't really work for a combat orientated ship, but yeah, the wings don't work in its favour. Just quickly though, why're you relating this design to being like the ones you posted in earlier threads when you just said it's an example of a unique and original Blizzard unit? You're relating this to the images you posted in the same way you related the Banshee to the other images you posted, but you're saying it's a good thing for the Nomad but a bad thing for the Banshee.

Nah, don't worry about it. Always happy to discuss it.

8. MeisterX

MeisterX Hyperion

New Port Richey, FL
    The red line he was referring to came from the Lore panel where they showed Tosh in a suit with different glowing colors (green, red, etc.). I don't know if I posted those pictures but other sites probably did.

9. me555

me555 New Member

The : Screenshot: Terran Bridge and Screenshot: Zerg/Terran Ramp Attack are the same thing...

10. johnnyxp64

johnnyxp64 New Member

what about the new NOMAD???? any screenshots or photos?

11. MeisterX

MeisterX Hyperion

New Port Richey, FL
    Terran Nomad = Terran Nighthawk.

12. Pure Vengeance

Pure Vengeance New Member

Tosh and Hansen are my least favorite... I don't know I just like girl ghosts better... Hansen... I don't know what is wrong with her... Maybe just not starcraft looking enough?

13. zeratul11

zeratul11 New Member

yeh those moving lines along his suit. nova had light blue lines glowing and moving on her ghost suit as well and they have similar armor on the front. so i assume directly tosh was a ghost.

switch blade. i thought it was something more of a weapon and like in game. well my bad, it just look like a knife.

the imperial wear armor but not big and bulky and all metal like the space marines has. well the space marines also have this medieval like design in their armors like the chaplain. i think all humans in warhammer 40k is inspired by medieval war age design.

well but it could be different since we will never know what the future will be like in real life or in general scifi, the possibilities are endless. blizzard's terran could have taken a different path, yeah something more original and first. in starwars the jedi and other officers wear robes etc which is starwars unique. i wanna see blizzard to be more artistic and innovative with terran officials clothing. anyway its too late but its not that they look bad on it actually they look good but warhammer 40 pops directly in my mind whenever i see it and think that the warhammer40k humans made it look better and fitting.

i meant the first bc "bridge" interior we saw in the first terran campaign preview. i like the new design inside the bridge of the hyperior now, although it looks kinda old it looks terran unique compared to other capitalships not because it looks gritty and old but because of the new artistic design inside. the old one was plain and the grittiness doesn't even help since most sci fi setting are similar when it comes to gritiness like the warhammer ships, matrix ships, battlestar gallactica, etc. what i was saying was the overall design not just the sleekness/grittiness.

good.

yeah, im out for quite sometimes becausei am suffering with RSI or CTS so im still recovering. anyone here experienced this in the past and recovered from it. any tips on how to do it. thanks. xp

what? i don't understand what your saying. i posted unique looking sci fi vehicles. when i said unique it doesn't mean its a first of its kind but its rather something that you won't see everyday or has some details and parts that are unusual like the bc hammerhead shark design or the nighthawk dragon fly look. if you look at the bc you know its from starcraft but when you look at the banshee or jackal it reminds you of so much more than starcraft alone.

now the banshee and the jackal looks common obviously. and pictures that i posted are not anywhere close from those two but rather on the same side with the new nighthawk design.

but it be different when the discussion gets longer. xp

Last edited: Oct 16, 2008
  14. EonMaster

EonMaster Eeveelution Master

Black City, Unova
    I think the Nighthawk looks good. Similar design to the protoss arbiter, maybe terrans managed to get thier hands on a down'd arbiter and desided to salvage it and create thier own caster from a protoss design.

15. zeratul11

zeratul11 New Member

whats up with the issue that terran can't design something like that. sorry, but i really hate in when people exaggerates with the terran more about the design and look perspective of their units/builings. even farmers knows and appreciates complicated sleek designs of things why not the terrans.

the design doesnt even look alien. its sci-fi or future human.

16. ItzaHexGor

ItzaHexGor Active Member

Sydney, Australia
    Oh right, those. That doesn't necessarily constitute a Ghost. After all, Marines could have that only it's covered when they put on their suit. Anyway, yeah. I was just checking which he was.

Nah, that'd suck. :p

And it's definitely a switch blade. Just look at the handle.

StarWars is a completely different scenario. It's more based on religion than StarCraft is. Besides, they can't make a switch like that now, as they've set themselves up from StarCraft1. Also, Terran are supposed to be the race we relate to, so it makes sense that they share similar styles to us.

Did we even see new bridge? As far as I'm aware we were only shown shots of the bar and rec hall.

Good, but did you really need to quote all that just to say 'good'? :confused:

yeah, im out for quite sometimes becausei am suffering with RSI or CTS so im still recovering. anyone here experienced this in the past and recovered from it. any tips on how to do it. thanks. xp [/quote]
    What's RSI and CTS? All I know RSI stands for is 'residual self image' from The Matrix. :p

Don't worry. I was just pointing out that you said that the Banshee was bad because it was like all those pieces of concept art that you posted about it, but the Nighthawk was good because it was like all those pieces of concept art that you posted about it.

Again, remember the Nighthawk design only really works because of its role. Ships like this wouldn't really work as fighters. Again, Terran is supposed to be the race we can relate to. If they continue producing ships and weaponry that are just this far beyond us, we'll just end up thinking of them as another alien race, which is why designs like the Banshee and Hellion, as much as I dislike the Hellion's model, work so well.

Remember that Blizzard isn't just trying to make all their designs unique, they're trying to design them to fit their role, which is why the Banshee's a helicopter and the Hellion's a buggy.

It's because the Terran have had next to no time to recreate their society and get back to that same level of technology they had before while in the midst of a galactic war, training a near endless supply of troops and fighting off the Protoss, Zerg and even other Terran factions or pirates.

LOL! Dude, you can't say this doesn't look alien. You're only saying it looks like a future human design is because you know of it in the context of the Terran. It definitely does look alien, and it definitely does resemble the Arbiter, which is another reason why I think those wings don't work too well for it.

17. zeratul11

zeratul11 New Member

heres the new bc bridge interior look.

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/41540.html

good coz i thought your reply was honest and did not change anything that you said from the past.

rsi- repeatetive stress injury. carpal tunnel syndrome. my whole right arm doesn't feel normal anymore it feels weak and stiff because of overused of the mouse and typing.

i dont know, but the nighthawk actually looks like a starfighter to me than a support construction airship.

yes i know about units look be based upon its role, well i could see other design (better design) that could work for both the jackal and banshee.

in other sci fi setting specially on animes, the nighthawk design is common and simple sci-fi human and there are other more complicated designs that that and is still human.