1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Clan Creation Guidelines

Discussion in 'Clan Related Talk' started by Imagine., Oct 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Clan Creation Guidelines

Discussion in 'Clan Related Talk' started by Imagine., Oct 30, 2007.

1. Imagine.

Imagine. New Member

CLAN CREATION ARTICLES INDEX

This index page contains entries pointing to various articles regarding clan creation.

• [iurl=#a]Clan Creation Guidelines[/iurl]
    • [iurl=#b]Frequently Asked Questions[/iurl]
    • [iurl=#c]Update Log[/iurl]
    • [iurl=#d]Credits[/iurl]

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 27, 2014
  2. Imagine.

Imagine. New Member

CLAN GUIDELINES AND MAJOR RULES

You would like to create a clan for whatever intention you may have. But there are problems; you do not know how to start your own clan, you are worried about rules and regulations, etc. etc. The problems list could go on and on, so this is a technical guide created to help push you in the right direction and help you set up a good, solid foundation.

• Starcraft2forum.org's forum rules applies throughout the entire forum.
    • Users are not limited to the number of clans they are able to create and develop, however, they are subject to the limit of one new clan per week.
    • Users are allowed to join any amount of clans unless the clan they are currently in explicitly states that this action is frowned upon.
    • If a clan topic does not have at least 8 new members (excluding the clan founder) in the first week of creation, the clan topic will be closed down and/or removed.
    • If you do not belong in a certain clan, please do not post in their topic thread unless you are asking to join.

Failure to comply with these simple rules will result in punishment or the removal of your clan.
    • At least 20,000 minerals.
    Developing a clan on these forums will be an investment that you must be willing to make. The first step to creating your very own clan is to have an upwards amount of 20,000 minerals ready. Once you are able to muster up enough minerals, you may submit your clan's charter form.

The charter form should contain the following information:
    Code:
    [b]Clan Name[/b]:
    [b]Clan Mission/Purpose[/b]:
    [i]Brief Description[/i]
    [b]Qualifying Factors[/b]*:
    [i]Brief Description[/i]
    [b]Rank Structure[/b]:
    [i]Brief Description[/i]
    Sample Charter Form:
    STEP 2: APPROVAL
    You may have already recruited a certain amount of members, however your clan is not yet complete as it requires administrative approval. The administrator or respective moderators will review the information on the submitted charter form and either approve or deny the creation of the clan. If approved, you will be notified and you will be given a Clan Discussion Board.

STEP 3: CUSTOM AVATAR FRAME
    If your clan has successfully made it through the reviewing process, you will be allowed one custom frame of your design to be put up in the forum's shop at a cost of 8,500 minerals. The custom clan frame will help set you apart from the rest of the forum and allows you to display your clan with style!

NOTE: Clan Frames for your members will be free of charge. In order to receive one, a clan member must use a coupon redemption code to get one.

STEP 4: ADDITIONAL SERVICES/REQUESTS
    Frame Redemption Coupon [ FREE ]
    After paying the mineral fee of 8,500 minerals, your clan frame redemption coupons will be free of charge and readily available to all participating clan members.

Add (+1) Member [ 800 Minerals ]
    Has your clan reached the maximum capacity allowed? Extend it by purchasing the Add Member option.

Add Child Board [ 2,000 Minerals ]
    Give your clan's board some extra functionality by purchasing child boards!
    MAX PURCHASE LIMIT: (2) Two

Hidden Clan Discussion Board [ 10,000 Minerals ]
    Do not want others peering into your clan's inner workings? Hide it from public view by purchasing the Hide Clan Board option.

Clan Banner [ 1,500 Minerals ]
    Tired of seeing other banners in your clan's forum? Purchase this option to have your very own, personalized banner displayed.

More to be added...

If you have any other requests, please include a description of what you would like and how it would better service your clan. Please take into account that any requests made will be screened by the administrator and/or moderators to ensure that it meets and complies with forum rules and regulations. If accepted, you will be notified of additional costs for your "custom" service.

OptionCost
    Clan Creation20,000 Minerals
    Clan Discussion BoardFREE
    Hidden Clan Discussion Board10,000 Minerals
    Add Child Board2,000 Minerals
    Personalized Clan Banner1,500 Minerals
    Clan Avatar Frame8,500 Minerals
    Add Clan Member800 Minerals

Clan upkeep is simply the activity requirement that starcraft2forum.org enforces. We reserve the right to disband clans that we consider to be inactive. To be considered an active clan and prevent the clan from being deleted for inactivity, the clan leader must log in and submit an activity log at least once every month. In addition, there must be at least 10 clan members (including the clan leader) at any time.

3. Imagine.

Imagine. New Member

FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS

Q: What are forum clans?
    A: Forum clans are groups based on a certain and unique topics. These topics may be something like a hobby, cartoon, or even a specific video game. Almost any topic is acceptable in order to start a clan.

Q: Can I create a clan? How?
    A: Yes, anyone and everyone is welcome and encouraged to do so. However you must follow the guidelines set above in order to create one.

Q: How can I get more members to join my clan?
    A: It all depends on how interesting your topic is to other users and/or the way of which you presented it.

Q: How many members am I allowed to have?
    A: The maximum amount of members any clan can have is 25. Additional members can be added by purchasing the Add Member option.

Q: What happens if there are less than 10 members in a clan?
    A: The clan is subject to immediate removal if it ever drops below the required amount of at least 10 members. Clan leaders should be very careful when removing clan members to make sure that they will still have at least 10 members after the removal.

Q: Why was my clan removed?
    A: Your clan got closed/removed for one or more of several reasons:
    1) Your clan did not meet the member quota. (Clans need at least 8 people within the first week of creation.)
    2) Your topic was deemed inappropriate by staff members or your clan and/or topic infringed upon our forum rules.
    3) Your thread became out of hand and ventured off-topic.

Q: What if I just created a clan but I do not want to go through with it?
    A: Creating a clan is a long term investment, however since you no longer wish to nurture your "brain child" and watch it grow, we cannot refund the minerals spent towards your clan's creation.

4. Imagine.

Imagine. New Member

UPDATE LOG

This is a log of major updates. It is kept mostly for my own records, but you might find it helpful to see what content I have recently edited and/or added.

Code:
    10.31.07 - Added Clan Cost Overview.
    11.01.07 - Added Index Page and made minor edits.
    11.06.07 - Released "Hide Board" option.
          Added Credits page.
          Adjusted costs and removed certain items.
    11.24.07 - Made some minor aesthetic changes to topic.
    12.18.07 - Added Chat Channel and Hidden Clan Discussion board options.
    12.22.07 - Adjusted prices.
    01.16.08 - Removed Chat Channel option. Added two more options.

5. Imagine.

Imagine. New Member

CREDITS

Credits are due to those who helped in the creation of these guidelines, writing and getting user feedback. These have all been done voluntarily by some very talented and generous people. These guidelines would have never made it without lots of help.

Many thanks to the following users who have contributed --
    The listing is in no particular order:

• JBL
    • Joneagle_X
    • NateSMZ
    • Praetor Fenix
    • FlyingTiger
    • LordKerwyn
    • headstock
    • tweakismyname
    • kuvasz
    • lichking
    • sc2forums
    • Remy
    • Bizzarro_Paragon

And to all those who were not listed, do not despair! I may not have recalled your forum name off the top of my head and/or I just completely forgot in the rush. If you feel like you have contributed to some degree and your name has not been listed, please feel free to contact me via PM.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.