1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Commentary on YOUR game!

Discussion in 'StarCraft 2 Maps, Replays, Modding' started by HDbrodd, Jun 8, 2010.

Commentary on YOUR game!

1. HDbrodd

HDbrodd New Member

Hello and welcome!

Before you start to read this forum post please understand 2 things:
    1. I am not the best commentary guy you know but I am getting better and better every day!
    2. I am doing this on my spare time so that means that means I will do this then I have time!
    So now some info!
    I have a youtube account that I have just at this moment uploaded some of my own games but that starting to get boring and I want to get this on the move and start commentary other gamers games. So if you think want to give me a replay of you pwning or losing an game just send me it and I will comment YOUR game, just put a comment down belowe about your replay. I can comment your game on 2 language you chose English (of course) or in Swedish.

A bit background about me:

• - Name: Filip Brodd
    • - Live: Sweden / Östergötland
    • - Work: Support on saab
    • - Gamed: Have played almost all of my life, I started at the age of 7 and then have not stop playing since then.

I will keep this forum post up to date and will read it evey day. So if you post something here I will read it as fast as posible and respond to your post.
    I hope you understand that I am quite serious about this and I also hope you understand that love to comment games.

[​IMG]

So I hope you will post as much as posible in this thread about replays that you want me to comment about.

This is the replays I have gotten from you guys!
    Hope you like it!

[TABLE]Replays from this site:
    Here I wil post all the replays I have gotten from this beatiful site! Hope you like it as I did.
    1. PvP [Amduscias vs Satyrus] Cannon Rush! 1/6
    2. TvP [Phoenix vs MuQ] SCV?!? 1/3
    3. TVT [phoenix vs anssis] Battlecruiser much?!?! 1/2
    4. PvZ [marcmad vs Dr.calligari] Who won?!?!? 1/4
    5. [01088 & Marcmad vs Dr.Calligari & Holy Zerg PPvTZ] 2v2 Cheese!?, 1/2
    6. [mako & SomePerson vs Zakki & Meile TZvTT] 2v2, Fast rush?!?! 1/1
    7. [mako & SomePerson vs Chaiz & RATEDJAY TZvTZ] 2v2, Air Vs Ground?!?! 1/2
    8. [Mako & Someperson vs PsykoJ & WeakSauce] 2v2, Fast game much!?!? 1/1
    9. [Mako & Someperson vs foumcondm & Zahlen TZvTZ] 2v2, What is a fast rush?!?! 1/1
    10. [Mako & Someperson vs Dork & Herthbul TZvTP] 2v2, Tank much?!?! 1/2
    [/TABLE]

YEY 10 COMMENTARYS UP! HURRAY!

[TABLE]Replays from other sites:
    Here I will post my replays for other sites that I have gotten and downloaded and comment. I will only list the newest 5here.
    1. [TLO vs Grez TvZ] 1v1, Banling mines?!?! 1/3 5 jul 2010 15.51.07
    2. [Lenny vs Nomaq TvP] 1v1, Flyinging base?!?! 1/1 5 jul 2010 12.10.49
    [/TABLE]

Links:
    - My youtube channel
    - My ustream channel
    - My Own3d channel
    - Guys that I commentate for
    Ask for e-mail

*Update!*
    Links to my own3d channel

//Dear HDbrodd

Last edited: Apr 14, 2011
  2. Supahboih

Supahboih New Member

Sweden
    Svengelskan e underbar <3

3. AcE_01

AcE_01 Active Member

Australia
    Heysan hur mor du?

4. HDbrodd

HDbrodd New Member

OpS! Sorry about that fixed some spelling error! will look again soon! Keep me posted if I miss something <3 :D
    Love to be coreccted by people (and I am not joking)

Last edited: Jun 8, 2010
  5. RHStag

RHStag New Member

The irony.

6. HDbrodd

HDbrodd New Member

I am not :) take it easy please take this serious :) <3

7. Supahboih

Supahboih New Member

Sweden
    I can see if I can access a pretty sweet TvT game between me and my friend.

about the replay;
    we're are noobs at that time, and decides to play a friendly TvT.
    Now, the cool part about this is that we both has to restart from pretty muich scratch in the middle of the game, and all I can remember was our "omg that was the most exiting game evar!" afterwards. It was pretty long time ago so I don't remember much at all :s But it was fun to play, and if your'e desperate and don't mind casting a nooblish game I can take a look and see if I can send it to you :)

EDIT: altough, I can't seem to find the replay anywhere... And I guess I can't go into the game and get it at this time <.<

Last edited: Jun 8, 2010
  8. jasmine

jasmine New Member

England
    This is a really nice idea, Filip :)

I hope you get some exciting games to commentate, and I look forward to watching them.

9. HDbrodd

HDbrodd New Member

Ah that would be nice! Just send me a link and i will start! :)

Thanks! Will do my best + 100% more ;)

10. Amduscias

Amduscias New Member

Cologne, Germany
    too bad i dont think i have a nice replay for you to comment. Since im no pro and my enemys arent as well, my games mostly shows lack of skill, sometimes by me, sometimes by my enemy.

For Example: One of the last rounds i've played i tried some strategies. I started up with sending a probe to my enemy, who was protoss as well. I build a pylon, followed by a forge, a cannon, second (even third, dont remember) pylon and some more cannons. He reallised it and didnt seem to know the tactic. He send his units to destroy, they got killed. He send some for my probe, they got killed. He send more for my probe - it got killed but so did his units. Then he made up for some more units to destroy my cannons....he should have attacked me the whole time since my base was unprotected. Nevertheless, i swang over and switched my tactic soon enough. I started building some Gateways and a Core, teched towards DT. He hasn't been aggressive the whole time - his mistake! I kept harassing him. My first DTs ran into some Cannons he build. Later i managed to win with a bigger army then his. A commentary on this one would only be interesting to show the mistakes done by him and me. For example missing to scout/attack. Playing to defensive or, like i did, to offensive in the beginning......

11. HDbrodd

HDbrodd New Member

Well I think it's fun to comment :) so I dont think it is pointless to comment that game :)
    Also I think that is good learing for players to see that the one that gose offence with cannons dont have any defens by it self. So they can see what to do and counter this attack as fast as posible.

I will learn ton of the game from commentary it so thats why I like it :)

:)

Last edited: Jun 9, 2010
  12. Amduscias

Amduscias New Member

Cologne, Germany
    My Starcraft II keeps crashing everytime i try to load a replay -.- Even rebooted. The files are surely working - i already loaded a Replay or 2 before, but now none of them seem to be working :)

Alright then, here we go. The replay is attached. I know im not that great of a gamer but at least im having fun. Hope its the right one. It lasted roughly about 20 Minutes. My APM isnt that high but i dont bother.

Remember: I know i didnt win because of skill but thanks to some wrong decisions my enemy made. Just look through it.....

Edit: I think there is a clear point where he made a wrong decision. After realising that i build cannons inside of his base he went for my probe first. Great idea. But after killing it he should have send his units right into my base. But instead he insisted on destroying the "annoying" buildings i made in his base. He should have gone for my main after the probe, ruining my economy and destroying my nexus, pushing me to GG. He went for destroying the buildings and getting up a strong defence, going for his natural and WAIT.....big mistake! I won because of simple luck. Nevertheless, my stratagy of distracting my opponent therefore was successfull.

Attached Files:

13. HDbrodd

HDbrodd New Member

Thanks mate for the replay!

will get to work on kommentary on your game as soon as posible after my work shift is done (about 16:00) so about 4hours!

If you or some of your friends got some replays just keep them comming! Dose not mean you have to win every replay you give to me.
    Just a game that you like me to comment about :)

14. jasmine

jasmine New Member

England
    Filip, do you do commentaries for WC3 as well?

I find that to be more exciting to watch than the starcraft games, but I don't think I've ever seen a commentary for it.

The small number of units in WC3 means that it's easier to watch each player's micro and see their mistakes and skills quite clearly; starcraft has so many units that its all a bit of a blur to watch.

15. HDbrodd

HDbrodd New Member

Hello Jasmine!
    Maby! But I am not that in to WC3 so it would be hard for me to get commentary right.
    But we will see :)

[edit] I also want to say that you can post Starcraft 1 games here also of course!
    Also I am going to dream hack and will try to get some games from players there and comment the gaming there :) also will /film some of the areas there for fun with my new phone (htc desire). Anyways if you going to dreamhack and want to say dont be scared to leave a comment here :)

16. Cabbage

Cabbage New Member

I would recommend you see some of huskystarcraft's commentating. He adds a lot of enthusiasm and jokes in the commentary that it makes every game good to watch. You could learn a lot from him :).

17. HDbrodd

HDbrodd New Member

Thank you for the tip! :)
    But I have watched them for a long time.
    I love HDstarcraft and Husky they are realy good at this, but they have done much more game replays than me, as we all know more pratctis gives more skills. So I need to get this on the road and start commentary MUCH more games.

I am sorry for not done so many game replays this week, but it has been much at the new work and need to focuse on it. BUT I will try to get the replay commentary up and running as fast as I can!

As you all know SC2 is down atm so I will try to see if it is any way around it.
    Otherwise I will start commentary on SC1 :) that I also love

Last edited: Jun 10, 2010
  18. Amduscias

Amduscias New Member

Cologne, Germany
    You know you can still watch replays simply by dragging them onto the Starcraft2.exe located in you Starcraft II Beta-Folder?! Remember, all Replays will not be viewable when the next Beta-Phase starts, since they're gonna add a patch that deletes all previous Patch-Files.

19. Mako

Mako New Member

Hey dunno if this replay is any good tho

Attached Files:

20. HDbrodd

HDbrodd New Member

Mate... every game is a good game if you try your best and it shows! :)

NICE! I did not know that ! Thanks alot! Will start commentary on this games then I come home tonight <3

Also I will get some movies / clips up from Dreamhack this weekend :)
    So I will comment about the game play on Starcraft and on the event dreamhack ofc...! :D

SO if you are on Dreamhack and want to kick ... and shew bubblegum!
    PM ME!

Last edited: Jun 14, 2010