1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Community Writing Challenge - Terran

Discussion in 'The Arts' started by EatMeReturns, Sep 23, 2007.

Community Writing Challenge - Terran

Discussion in 'The Arts' started by EatMeReturns, Sep 23, 2007.

1. EatMeReturns

EatMeReturns Happy Mapper Moderator

Albuquerque, New Mexico
    PLEASE READ BELOW BEFORE REPLYING TO THIS THREAD.

Hey all, I just thought i would bring over an idea that I got from another site...
    Just a little note: Each post should be a paragraph or two, not just some retarded sentence like, "And he said OMGWTFBBQ THIS POST F***ING SUX BECAUSE ITS ONLY ONE SENTENCE!"

Edit: Hello, this is JBL, just to say that I'm going to delete the "claimed" spot after it's taken, so it's useless to tell anyone that someone posted without claiming first, since his claim was deleted.

Another note, if you notice any replies that doesn't belong here, pm me, I'll make sure this topic stays clean.

I'm sending 750 minerals to EatMeReturns for starting the first forum "game" that doesn't belong in the space junk, also, I'm sticking this.

Good luck, I hope the story is going to be good.

and, I know that members can't edit their post after a mod edited it, if you need to edit it, send me the edit and I'll edit it for you.

They wouldn't get mineral for their paragraph and I seriously think they deserve that mineral.. I'll make sure to delete the "claim" post afterward.

EDIT: thanks JBL for his great work, and thank you LordKerwyn for clearing up the thread. All submissions in red are unrelated, but their submission was welcome, so they have been left to be read. That is all.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2008
  2. Bumbaloe

Bumbaloe New Member

"This will be my last transmission. I fear that the Zerg will find me if I stay stationary. Wait, WHAT'S THA-" The transmission was ended with the sound of Zerg squishing the Marine's head. "Damn, another one dead, we need to change our strategy", said the commander. "I think... We need to deploy the Reapers."

Thus the story of Ethan Lindley begins. Ethan Lindley is a specially trained member of the Terran military, given the title "Reaper". Ethan is 23 years old, and has been training as long as he can remember. Now it is time for him to serve his race, and save all that he knows.

It's not much, I know, but it's good enough for me. I can't wait to see how the story will develop. :)

Happy writing! :thumbup:

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 13, 2008
  3. The Watcher

The Watcher Guest

Arcturas Minsk, its a name I have learned to hate, hes the one that sends all those soldiers to there deaths, accomplishing little, yet losing so much. That's why I'm a reaper Mercenary, I work with the smart people like Raynor, with him I actually feel like I'm doing something for all the Terrans.

My nickname in the group is "Lucky Lindley" because I actually lived to my third mission. It did start out as a joke for my optimism, but like most things in war, it died ...poor optimism.

The captain told us the knew objective and said this was the first real mission we'd be doing, that all the others were jokes in comparison, and that if we were to survive, we'd need to grow some nuts and fast.......****

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 13, 2008
  4. BirdofPrey

BirdofPrey New Member

Arizona
    My name is Sev. I know its a weird name but its all I have; at least it is better than saying Artificial Cybernetic Constrict AC-1207 Production Group: 3 or Phantom Agent D153. You have heard of the ghost agents: psychicly gifted people turned into human weapons. I am a Phantom agent: weapon turned into a psychically gifted human. They used to exist; had records that were purged; a birth certificate; parents. I never existed; the only documentation is an invoice and inventory list; my mother was a vat; my father wore a lab coat. You should fear that which you know to be harmful but what is more harmful is that yo do not know exists to be afraid of; that is the doctrine of the Phantom Project.

You may have heard that Terran scientists enjoyed tinkering with Protoss technology. You heard right. I am the ultimate proof of that; a machine part built part grown but most importantly possessing the strength and analytical power of a machine with the self healing and adaptability of a human. If you saw me on the street you would never know I am different such is the power of my kind.

5. EatMeReturns

Albuquerque, New Mexico
    I am a part of Fireteam Alpha. The best of the best; me and my two companions, Aven and Ged, are known throughout the company. Our cooperation has been yearned for by many leaders. The only problem with being the best was that you were always assigned the most dangerous jobs... Everytime something against all odds and probabilities needed to be done, we were called in. "Hey, git those three reapers over here and 'avem sneak in there and take out that geyser!" or "Where are those reapers? Get their god-forsaken asses over here and tell em to scout out that valley... the nearby civilians say some of those zerg critters are around!" were said often. Yet, we always manage to make it without any major injuries. Aven and her stealth, Ged and his technical abilities, and me... an all-around soldier-type, we git 'er done. Many a zerg has felt our wrath, and many more will... until the end of this damn war.

6. EatMeReturns

Albuquerque, New Mexico
    it is a continuous story... you just keep writing from there... its like, a book... if a book only had 1 character, it would be a pretty boring book. the only things u arent allowed to write are obviously idiotic things, things with horrible grammer (no periods, etc.) or something that ends the book.

7. Ensomgrav

Ensomgrav New Member

Giles Cyn sprinted and kept low to the ground. He only had to reach the next hill, but he decided he would do so as quickly as possible. As the terrain started to incline against him he unstrapped his rifle from his back and broke into a roll which landed him prone on top of the hill. Floating off in the distance he saw a bulbous form, an overlord. Giles focused his scope and targeted the floating behemoth right in one of the sacks of lighter then air gas that kept the monster afloat. The only sound that resulted from the shot was the overlord making an odd gasping kind of noise and the sound of air leaking out of something. Then the monstrous entity was no more. He was to maintain radio silence until the area was clear of the overlords, and as far as Giles could tell it was.......
    [pm's about what you guys think would be wicked awesome]

8. EatMeReturns

Albuquerque, New Mexico
    ...? ensomgrav, extremely well-written post, but what does that have to do with the previous posts? remember that each post should be a continuation of the last... in fact, now that i read over some of the previous posts, a lot of them seem to be written as new stories... im not sure if y'all are getting the rules... Each new post should be a continuation of the last post. If the last post ended talking about a cat named bob, the next should continue the story of this cat named bob.

9. Ensomgrav

Ensomgrav New Member

[any way continuing from where i left off][taken from the depths of my Chem notebook, the love child of boredom and starcraft]
    Giles Cyn flipped on his radio and started to relay a message to the fleet's flagship, The Vulcan Hammer, a battle cruiser fairly larger then the standard behemoth model. The Vulcan Hammer was in fact twice as large as any battle cruiser known to most Terrans in the Koprulu sector. The reason it needed to be so large is that it housed six fusion warheads and their firing mechanism, two yamato cannons and over 5000 soldiers on that single ship.

The Fleet was the Koprulu Union's only fleet and though it's flagship was formidable, the rest of the fleet were the salvaged remnants of the UED's expeditionary fleet. It took a year and a half to get just five of the battle cruisers back to a functional condition, capital ships weren't the unions strength. What the union prided its self on was it's promises of freedom, freedom of speech, freedom of worship, and of course it's wraiths and their skilled pilots, they were the best of the best. Those awkward viking mech-walker fighters could never match the speed or grace of a wraith with a good pilot.

"This is Foxhound to Papa Eagle, Overlord downed, I repeat Foxhound to Papa Eagle, Overlord downed" Giles spoke into the communications device attached to his left ear loudly and clearly. Giles ear piece then crackled some and replied"Confirmed kill Foxhound?" Giles then flipped on his visual transmission switch on his rifle scope and focused it on the downed overlord.

An image appeared on the screen on the bridge of The Vulcan Hammer, the ground was covered in red flesh and green fluid. The Fleet admiral nodded and motioned for a sensor sweep of the area. Seemingly all clear. Giles proceeded to the edge of the Zerg Hive clusters.Stealth fields activated, though he couldn't maintain them for long. He switched on his targeting laser to call down one of the fusion warheads, he made sure he was behind sufficient cover before aiming at the main hive. A group of zerglings started sprinting towards him. No way, he thought, my position could not have been revealed by now. At that moment though electricity arced around his body, his stealth fell short on him, one of the pains of being one of the less psychically gifted ghosts. The zerglings now half way between him and the hive and closing the distance quickly, but at the same time the red dot from his laser disappeared and he looked up, he saw the burning missile screaming down towards it's target and he pulled the pin on a frag grenade. Spore Colonies did their best to try and shoot the descending doom down before it could detonate with their acidic spores, a good effort at any rate, but not nearly good enough. Giles counted down the seconds on his grenade and tossed it to his feet , where the zerglings would be jumping to in 3,2 Giles broke into a roll left and sprinted for the hill he originally climbed earlier, 1 ,0 , the grenade detonated and took the zerglings with it. The missile screamed down into the central hive penetrating its flesh and spilling pus and gore about , then detonated with the power of a miniature sun completely obliterating the hive and it's surrounding structures.

The marines of fireteam alpha came crashing down later in their drop pods, broke up into squads and systematically checked the surrounding area for any stragglers and to finish off any zerg structures. Another day won..... [probably more to come soon]

10. BirdofPrey

BirdofPrey New Member

Arizona
    I am 9 years old but that does not mean much for someon who had information downloaded into his brain while he was grown in a vat. I... *explosion*
    Shit what happened
    -a scourge hit us
    -WHAT! HOW?  I though this transport was cloaked.  I was told the overlords were all dead slong with the spore colonies in our LZ
    -Guess not  INCOMING
    -Omega one this is Omega three we are under attack please advise
    * 3 more explosions*
    Damnit they took iout our engines we are ging to crash, strap yourselves in.
    * the dropship omes crashing down into the ground now visable with the cloak destroyed.*
    -Vulcans Hammer this is Sev, Omega One has been shot down.  I am requesting assistance my marines cannot hold out long against the swarn *zerg screams* Send assistance immediately recomend srop pod support.
    *two more dropships hit the ground*
    Omega two and three have also crashed.  I wall attempt to redevous with them.

11. EatMeReturns

Albuquerque, New Mexico
    Lightyears away on a distant planet, surrounded by his mighty hordes and many hive clusters, he who is known as The Domineer observed the destruction and chaos erupting on the planet Arrakis through the eyes of one of his commander-beasts. His disfigured face half-hidden by a cloth similar to the wrappings of the Dark Templar, he chuckled to himself silently. "So you finally reveal yourself, Ethan "Sev" Lindley... I knew you couldn't hide from me for long..." He watched Sev fire his weapons at one of his Zerglings. "It has been so long... my brother." Giving off a maniacal laugh, he ended the connection with the commander.

Sev mowed down one of the oncoming zerglings. "Aven, I need some help over here!" "I'm on it!" she promptly replied, and swung the controls to one of the turrets on the crashed dropship. The glass orb rotated around and pointed it's deadly shock cannon directly in front of the zergling and fired. The force of the shot sent the beasts flying through the air, their pieces falling atop other zerg warriors. "Nice shot!" Sev yelled as he rolled to the side, narrowly dodging a newly-formed baneling's detonation. "Their falling back!" He shouted to his allies, doubling his own efforts to force a calm in the storm. "I think they're done for a while!" shouted back another reaper, and with that, the offensive from the zerg stopped. Looking around, Sev counted three dead and two injured. "Take all that's useful from the dead, and get some stretchers for those two. We're heading over to Omega 2... it looks like they faired a bit better than we did." He pulled out his radio. "Omega 3, do you copy?" "When don't I, Sev?" Responded the uppity Lieutenant that seemed to have taken a more-than-friendly liking to Sev. "I don't need any of your gay little comments, Lieutenant! Just get your ass over to Omega 2, it looks like their landing was a bit easier than ours! Over and out." he shouted at the Lieutenant. The soldiers from Omega 1 gathered their arms and began the arduous hike to the wrecked dropship in the distance known as Omega 2.

12. Ensomgrav

Ensomgrav New Member

Giles Cyn watched as the drop pod got hit by a scourge causing it to go off balance, which meant more zerg of course, would be on their way. It fell and landed crooked,but the marines who were in it were relatively fine, just a bit more bashed up the usual.
    "Evening there Giles" remarked Tyll as he walked out of the crashed drop pod , helping a few of his comrades out. Behind him Giles noticed that the sun was setting behind him, oh how he loved a night operation.
    Giles approached Tyll and said "Command wants us to go help Omega 2 , gather your weapons and our boys will double time it there, I was expecting wraith support, but with those scourge in the air we can't chance losing one of the craft or a pilot for that matter". Giles, Tyll and the rest of Fireteam Delta began to jog at a heavy pace towards where smoke and fire arched upwards......

13. EatMeReturns

Albuquerque, New Mexico
    Hey, its been about a week since the last addition, so we need some more addons! ensomgrav, if you want, you can reply again now. i will be posting an addition soon if nobody else does...

14. Ensomgrav

Ensomgrav New Member

i will, been busy lately

15. EatMeReturns

Albuquerque, New Mexico
    another week, im adding... prob. shouldn't waited this long...
    (that means im claiming)

16. EatMeReturns

Albuquerque, New Mexico
    By nightfall all the parties at gathered at the crash-site of Omega 2. In total they had fifty-two soldiers: Nine were reapers, the rest were marines. They had six officers: Sev, his two companions Ged and Aven, Sergeant-General E. N. Fold of Omega 2, Tyll Bashkir, and Giles Cyn. Sadly, Omega 3 were ambushed by a swarm of zerglings and hydralisks. Contact had been lost when the lieutenant's screams died out on the radio.

17. BirdofPrey

BirdofPrey New Member

Arizona
    "LIEUTENANT! LIEUTENANT ANSWER ME!," Sev screamed, "Shit we have to do something"
    Aven replied, "Like what? Attempt a daring rescue that gets more people cut apart?"
    "Well I was...We have to do something anything. I am not standing here while my company gets cut apart. You can either come with me to help or stay here," Sev said has he picked up his gun and ran off.
    "Where do you think you're going?" Asked Giles, "I don't think the lady is through with you."
    He chased after Sev as fast as he could but Sev was boosting his speed using his Psionic prowess. Giles knew he would never catch up with Sev so he broke off the chase and returned to the rest of th squad.
    "I couldn't catch him. He's gone."

18. Imagine.

Imagine. New Member

Smoke rolled into the black sky. Even the burning remains of Omega 2 did not light the darkness. It's glow was sucked away into soot. Giles stood completely still, disappointment and the feeling of helplessness coursing through his mind. "I couldn't catch him..." Giles whispered. "He's gone." A large gauntlet rested on his shoulder. "Don't worry about it man..." A calm yet commanding voice spoke. "What Sev did was reckless. I can't lose another good soldier, especially not to his own emotions." Giles turned slowly and looked at the figure. It was the General, a man with defiance in his eyes and confidence in every breath. "All right! That's it! Ladies and Gentlemen, we are getting the hell out of this hole!"

- - - - - -

Sev rushed through the scarred grounds, all alone with one thing on his mind.

"Get to Omega 3!"

19. Ensomgrav

Ensomgrav New Member

The general turned towards Giles, who didn't seem as bothered by Sev's disappearance as before and said" Go get the damned fool that ran off and the rest of our force at Omega 3's crash site.". With a quick salute Giles reloaded his rifle and ran off at a medium pace in the direction that Sev went. Sev's trail wasn't very hard for the veteran ghost to follow, and Giles decided Sev was being more reckless then usual and pressed on harder determined not to lose an asset as valuable as the young ghost.

Giles was running up a hill when he saw the smoke billow towards the sky from what could only be Omega 3's crash site. When he heard gun fire he was relieved only slightly, he knew his work wasn't over yet though. Lying prone on top of the hill Giles focused in on the fight using his scope, and it was worse then he predicted. Sev and Omega 3 had done considerably well in holding back the onslaught of the zerg but at them came nearly a score of Zerglings and 3 infested terrans moving at a considerable speed toward the downed dropship and the brave marines defending it. It occurred to Giles that he had to make one good shot. Eye on scope, he began to line up the shot on the middle infested Terran.Make it count, a phrase he had heard so many times before. He would make it count. He would have to.

"RELOAD BOYS, THEY'RE ALREADY ON US! I WANT HOT BARRELS!" the sergeant yelled at Sev and his marines, though the further encouragement was not needed and they were already almost done reloading, all except for that odd ghost Sev. He was "out" of ammunition, in other words completely useless to the fight. The marines knew that this would be their final stand, they were on their last clip, ammunition that was likely not going to last this fight. They opened fire one the approaching swarm of zerglings when a single shot rang out against their rapid rain of Gauss spikes on the zerglings.

His shot had hit, it had hit exactly where the explosive volatile fluids were kept inside the atrocity that stood like a man, but had not the soul or fight in him. It ignited and the two surrounding it ignited too. The swarm of zerglings around them burned to death , writhing in agony all the while leaving a squad of confused marines their sergeant and Sev. Giles hopped up, strapped up his rifle to his back after properly making a notch on it with his knife and proceeded down the Hill. Out came a pack of Cigarettes and a lighter and Giles put one in his mouth and lit it. "I c-ca-can e-ex-expl-explain" Sev stuttered horribly , an obvious sign how nervous he was. Giles took a long drag on the cig in his mouth and punched Sev across the face knocking the boy out.
    The Sergeant stepped forward and said"Giles??!! God damned good shot right there!!" he walked towards Giles and shook his hand quite vigorously with strength enhanced by the servos and gears of his battle suit. After explaining what was going on with Omega 1 and 2 to the boys of Omega 3 Giles stepped back and let the sergeant do what he was best at. "Alright boys, ye heard the man, now set ye're god damned boots on the line . One of you lugs carry the little gobshite , we got ground to cover!" and with that command the sergeant barked off they were gone from the crash site and off to the location of Omega 1 and 2.

20. DarkTemplol

DarkTemplol New Member

Giles and the group of battle-weary soldiers trudged along. The situation was bleak, and they were tired of walking. The Marine carrying Sev tossed him down with a grunt.
    "Someone else carry this damned thing."
    Giles responded quickly,
    "Pick him back up, and keep walking."
    That Marine obliged, he didn't feel like argueing with Giles, who was obviously not the person to make enemies with.

Off in the distence, gunshots rang out. the group looked at each other, and rushed foward. They could see the crash site, and smoke, and that was about it. Just lots and lots of smoke.
    "Well, this looks promising.", the same Marine said. "We have a bunch of Zerg, some smoke, more Zerg, more smoke, and next to no ammo. You wanna tell me what the Hell we came here for again? other than to go on a God-Damned suicide mission, for a bunch of people, that are probably already dead?!"
    Giles never rose his voice, he never had to.
    "We came here to save some troops, and were gonna do it. Now you're gonna quit your bitching, and were all gonna walk over there, kill some Zerg, kill more Zerg, and get them back. Now, let's get our asses over there, and do exactly what we came here to do. Clear?"
    "...Crystal, sir."