1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Creating a New Tower

Discussion in 'StarCraft 2 Maps, Replays, Modding' started by sebetjo, Oct 24, 2010.

Creating a New Tower

1. sebetjo

sebetjo Guest

Hi, i'm doing a tower defense map, and i want to do a slow tower. I managed to give it it's slow effect,but can't find a way to have effect on multiple target. The weapon i use is Disruption beam, if you have any idea how to make it, slowing but splash at the same time, or to fire multiple beam at the same time would be even cooler. thanks

2. sebetjo

sebetjo Guest

in fact i find a way to add attack but it always do it to the same target. i don't know why

3. EatMeReturns

EatMeReturns Happy Mapper Moderator

Albuquerque, New Mexico
    Ok so let me get this straight. You currently have a tower that slows targets when it attacks. However, you want the tower to deal splash damage. You also want the slow effect to be applied with the splash.

Look around for the "splash" effect in the weapon and the weapon's damage effects and edit that effect to include the slow.

4. sebetjo

sebetjo Guest

Yes that's what i want to do, but it dosen't seem to work, maybe i'm not doing it right. like i said i'm using disruption beam as a weapon, it have the slowing effect, but i want it to effect more than one target. Either by doing a splash slow/effect or firing multiple beam, wich i manged to do but it fires it at the same target multiple times. If i could make it fire at different target at each period it would be the best, thanks for your time

5. EatMeReturns

Albuquerque, New Mexico
    I'll take a look in to this later today, I'm busy for a while. In the meantime, you can go check if an answer already exists at www.sc2mapster.com, and if you find an answer, please share here. :D

EDIT: Here's how I would do it:
    -Create an effect of type Create Persistent (We'll call ours DisruptBeamPersist2). The period length should be 0. The periodic effects should be the already-existing Disruption Beam (Damage), your Slow effect, and an effect of type Destroy Persistent (this one will be DestroyDisruptBeamPersist2) and it should destroy DisruptBeamPersist2.

-Modify the Disruption Beam (Create Persistent) "Effect - Period Effects" to create DisruptBeamPersist2. Do not edit the period length. The purpose of linking up two Create Persistent effects is so that all of the effects are used each second rather than one of the effects used each second in successive order. The second Create Persistent destroys itself at the end so that it only triggers its period effects once for each iteration of the first Create Persistent effect.

Alright, so now we have a weapon that damages and slows a target. Now we need to make it splash. I'll edit again once I figure out how to make it splash.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2010
  6. sebetjo

sebetjo Guest

in the weapon's option i took of continuous scan and it's now firing on multiple target at the same time, i just have to figure how to limit to a number of target and limit the range it fires. if yu know how to do those, i could use some help thanks again

7. EatMeReturns

Albuquerque, New Mexico
    Hmmm, the Disruption Beam already has continuous scan disabled in my editor...

Stats - Range in the weapon editor will limit the range it fires. I do not know how to make it target a limited number of enemies.