1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Day 5: A FREAKING PENGUIN!?

Discussion in 'WWI 2008' started by Spartan, Jun 27, 2008.

Day 5: A FREAKING PENGUIN!?

Discussion in 'WWI 2008' started by Spartan, Jun 27, 2008.

1. SuccaMC

SuccaMC New Member

Death Star
    Am I the only person who hopes that it is something entirely new not related to SC, Diablo or Waracraft?

I mean, the time has come for them to make a new game. Not that I don't like the old ones.

2. TyReaper

TyReaper New Member

I just don't know what they could be possibly announcing about Wrath... Possibly a release date? I mean they are in the middle of development so obviously there will be a lot of news, but nothing worth making it the main focus of WWI. But for those that are bummed because it looks very unlikely to be Diablo, there is still Blizzcon... Which is where the biggest announcement always happen. I think that's when they'll announce D3, because this year they are increasing floor space for an extra idk how many people... but perhaps that'd be the perfect opportunity to announce it.

3. 10-Neon

10-Neon New Member

Gainesville, FL
    @SuccaMC: You're not the only one. A fresh new game is always welcome in my eyes.

4. Wlck742

Wlck742 New Member

In your head
    All this just to announce a release date is unlikely. If it was a release date, it would just be announces at their respective game panels instead being given all this fanfare. Same thing goes for a beta. Take the last WWI for example. The countdown before the event was for the SC2 announcement. It only makes sense to assume that's the case here.

5. Itsmyship

Itsmyship New Member

Where only cool people live... So Cal!
    Same here. I would embrace a new game from Blizzard anytime. I just hope that in the long run, Blizzard doesn't go the Nintendo route of re-using the same games over and over and over and over again. Granted, I love SC and WC (never played Diablo), but still, a little change is good.

6. JudicatorPrime

JudicatorPrime New Member

I can't even imagine Blizzard creating a new game. Diablo, WC and SC are ingrained in my mind when I think of Blizzard. Hell, if I was trapped IN a Blizzard I'd probably be thinking of Diablo, WC and SC.

Not that I wouldn't want it, I'm sure anything that comes from Blizzard will have the same quality as the previously listed titles. Unfortunately, I have so much anticipation for a Diablo sequel or something awesome related to SC2 for me to even fathom a whole new IP.

Besides, with the anticipation and fan base of Diablo, it's a safe bet to make one. They'd sell with just the title.

My one and only hope is like I've said, nothing related to WoW. The only thing worse than no news is bad news, and after all this hype, WoW news is the worst news.

7. Psionicz

Psionicz New Member

Under Your Bed
    Am I the only one to notice there is a Protoss sign in the ice? Also, Ice; Blizzard. Maybe it is something new, maybe its a combination or maybe Blizzard got slightly bored.

8. BirdofPrey

BirdofPrey New Member

Arizona
    A new game would be interesting

Don;t know if this means anything to anyone but the three runes from the games have moved counter clockwise the rune from yesturday has not moved

Last edited: Jun 27, 2008
  9. Wlck742

Wlck742 New Member

In your head
    They might have moved to form the pentagram. Regardless I don't think it means that much.

10. BloodHawk

BloodHawk Member

CT, USA
    Ice could just be a metaphor for the company name. What some view as stars in the background might be snow flakes. That would explain why there are so many Blizzard games represented as runes. The unknown solar system rune representing a new game.

11. Wlck742

Wlck742 New Member

In your head
    Site has been updated. The runes are glowing brighter, and there's a smiley in the upper right corner. Eyes are also brighter and it really resembles a Protoss now.

12. BirdofPrey

BirdofPrey New Member

Arizona
    Note also that the Worldstone is inside Mt. Areat which is a cold region
    THats where Diablo II ended.

In a simillar way how the D2 story begins where the Original Diablo story ends (with the hero in Tristram thrusting the soulstone into his head) D3 could begin with the aftermath of the Worldstone's destruction

13. ItzaHexGor

ItzaHexGor Active Member

Sydney, Australia
    At first I thought it looked undeniably Protoss, but look at that thing in the background. Definitely looks like a horn curving around into the view. Then look closer at the muzzle of the face. Definitely looks as though there are a couple of flared nostril-holes there. The five runes are glowing now as well, but there's also a sixth. However the fact remains that the sixth one isn't glowing, so may emphasise the importance of the five glowing runes...

This is such good practice for my English assessment task next week... Make up bull**** based on extremely minor and seemingly irrelevant facts.

14. Wlck742

Wlck742 New Member

In your head
    The sixth rune also happens to be a winking smiley face. I'm sure it's just a joke.

15. lurkers_lurk

lurkers_lurk New Member

Red Bluff, CA
    Hrm. every time i go to the splash screen it still shows me the one before what you guys are seeing v_v.

16. BirdofPrey

BirdofPrey New Member

Arizona
    Well develpoers are well known for their antics.

What regional site are you viewing?

17. Wlck742

Wlck742 New Member

In your head
    It should be the same for all regions. Try it again. If that doesn't work I suppose someone can upload it.

P.S. I think Itza's right. If you look at the middle left section you see his horn curving up like it did in the other games. Awesome LOL. This basically confirms D3.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2008
  18. lurkers_lurk

lurkers_lurk New Member

Red Bluff, CA
    doesnt matter, found the splash screen in another thread here, very interesting i cant really say anything else about it, except that i think we will have to wait another 24 hours for maybe one last splash screen.

19. BirdofPrey

BirdofPrey New Member

Arizona
    I bet they will change it right after the opening announcement

20. Wlck742

Wlck742 New Member

In your head
    Ice breaks open to expose Diablo's head. That's basically how it'll end up.