1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help! Edit Xel'Naga Towers?

Discussion in 'StarCraft 2 Maps, Replays, Modding' started by elshaw27, Oct 29, 2010.

Help! Edit Xel'Naga Towers?

1. elshaw27

elshaw27 New Member

I have made a very large map, and I really wish I could expand the vision give by the Xel'naga tower in the center of the map. Is there any way to do this? If not, how could I make a simliar acting trigger?

I have looked through the Data Editor and come up empty handed...Tryed making a trigger to produce a similar effect as a last resort and failed...someone help me, please. :(

2. EatMeReturns

EatMeReturns Happy Mapper Moderator

Albuquerque, New Mexico
    Does editing Data Editor -> Units -> Xel'Naga Tower -> Stats -> Sight Radius not work?

3. elshaw27

elshaw27 New Member

Nope, it totally works and thank you very much! I guess I just didnt think to look there since I didnt think of the tower as a unit. Now I know.

4. elshaw27

elshaw27 New Member

May have spoken too soon though... I saw this on another site and now i know what they ment; no matter how high I turn the sight radius it doesnt seem to go over 100 in game, which isnt quite far enough unfortunatly.

5. EatMeReturns

Albuquerque, New Mexico
    It is triggerable. You can create a region and give vision to player for that region when they bring a unit to a smaller region just around the xel'naga tower. You can even add a condition that there be no units owned by enemy players in the smaller region.

6. elshaw27

elshaw27 New Member

Alright so I attempted to do make a similar trigger. (I couldnt use the region to give vision for some reason, maybe because of the extreme terrain) Anyways... I came up with this:
    Events
    - Any Unit enters region 1
    Conditions
    - Comparison: value 1:Owner of unit, Unit: unit from unit group, Index 1, Group: units in region matching conditon(region 1), type any, player 1, bla bla bla...
    Actions
    - If
    -Then: enable fog of war visiblilty, enable black mask visiblity
    -Else: disable FoW vis, disable BM vis

So you get the idea, but for some reason when I test it the area will be reveiled but then when the unit left the region the area remained revieled. I tryed using the "create revealer" and then "disable revealer" but with no success either. Help? :(

7. EatMeReturns

Albuquerque, New Mexico
    Could you go to the trigger and highlight it all and "copy as text" and paste here please? There is some key information from parts of it.

8. elshaw27

elshaw27 New Member

Here it is. I was pretty sure I got the condition right as it had worked for me in the past, any ideas on what I'm missing?

Increased Line of Sight
    Events
    Unit - Any Unit Enters Region 001
    Local Variables
    Conditions
    (Owner of (Unit 1 from (Any units in Region 001 owned by player 1 matching No Unit Filter, with at most Any Amount))) == 1
    Actions
    General - If (Conditions) then do (Actions) else do (Actions)
    If
    Then
    Visibility - Enable Black Mask visibility
    Visibility - Enable Fog Of War visibility
    Else
    Visibility - Disable Black Mask visibility
    Visibility - Disable Fog Of War visibility

Last edited: Nov 4, 2010
  9. elshaw27

elshaw27 New Member

*bump*

Oh come on then, don't leave me hanging!

Last edited: Nov 5, 2010
  10. elshaw27

elshaw27 New Member

But how?! I cant even get the damn thing to shut off after a unit enters the region!

11. EatMeReturns

Albuquerque, New Mexico
    Sorry, my grandfather's funeral was a few hours ago...

...anyway. Those visibility actions don't make you choose a player to assign it to? That's a hint that it changes some sort of global thing and not exactly what we want it to change. Try it again entirely with map revealers. Make sure you set "last created map revealer" to a variable ("MapRevP1" for example) DIRECTLY FOLLOWING THE MAP REVEALER'S CREATION TRIGGER. I would do this with two triggers: One trigger that creates all the map revealers, and another trigger that tests for the unit in the location and enabling/disabling the map revealer BASED ON THAT MAP REVEALER'S VARIABLE NAME.