1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hero Attack v2.27 has been released!!! - November 7th, 2011

Discussion in 'StarCraft 2 Maps, Replays, Modding' started by -1equalsexp(ipi), Oct 27, 2010.

Hero Attack v2.27 has been released!!! - November 7th, 2011

1. -1equalsexp(ipi)

-1equalsexp(ipi) New Member

Yeah I know I can do that and I already use 8 textures. 2 grass textures, a dirt texture, a mud texture, a tile texture, a snow texture, an ice texture and an ash texture. 8 wouldn't be so bad if I had the option to change the tile set with triggers in game, but unfortunately there isn't a way to do this. :(

I tried my best to make things look good by using doodads, roads, lava, water, etc. But there is only so much I can do. Also if I add more doodads the game starts to crash when I try to load it.

2. EatMeReturns

EatMeReturns Happy Mapper Moderator

Albuquerque, New Mexico
    >.< It will probably lag a whole bunch for me then.

3. -1equalsexp(ipi)

Last edited: Mar 10, 2011
  4. -1equalsexp(ipi)

">.< It will probably lag a whole bunch for me then."

Doubt it. My laptop is terrible yet I can still play hero attack fine (though with lowest settings, actually I need lowest settings with everything QQ). I think something is bugged with the editor at the moment with respect to doodads and that is why things crash if I add too many doodads (probably that in combination with my lousy computer). Honestly I don't have that many doodads, the majority are simply trees.

Anyway, I haven't played a game with you in ages. I have been playing quite a few games recently and the Hero Attack community is growing so I would appreciate it if you joined. :)

5. EatMeReturns

Albuquerque, New Mexico
    I played an in-house with two friends, and it was probably the most laggy game I have played yet on SC2. It doesn't help that my internet was acting up, though.

6. -1equalsexp(ipi)

Version 2.5 has been released. It includes a large number of changes. Here is the change log:

GENERAL
    - Added website name to the loading screen. Please visit www.heroattack.net.
    - Added names of some individuals who have helped me playtest Hero Attack to the loading screen.
    - There is now a tip on the loading screen that indicates most items have a limit of 1 per hero.
    - The main building (hatchery/nexus/command center) is now invulnerable unit the team loses 4 production buildings. This was done for balance reasons and because killing the main building was too powerful of a strategy.
    - The beacon no longer has an attack. This should make harassing enemy workers easier.
    - Increased income from the computer player by 33%.
    - The river in the river map now has a special effect. The life regen of all units within the river is increased by 0.5 life per second.
    - Doodads and terrain that are outside of the playable map area are now hidden/removed after the map has been chosen. This has been done to hopefully improve the performance of the map (and reduce lag).
    - You can no longer build on the lava in the lava map.
    - Fixed an issue where a photon cannon would not spawn properly on the lava map.
    - When a team wins the game the camera is moved to the losing team’s main building and large text will appear which will indicate that a team has won the game.
    - When players are voting for the map and for their team’s race, stars will appear next to either Team 1 or Team 2 which will indicate which team you are on.
    - Players now have 5 more seconds to pick their hero.
    - The damage type (melee, ranged or splash) that a weapon deals is now indicated for all of the heroes in the weapon tooltip.
    - Food is no longer displayed in the game.
    - Armor items now give 40% less armor (so 0.3 per level rather than 0.5 per level).
    - Tomes now cost 200 minerals instead of 250.
    - Items that increase life regeneration (regenerative biosteel, life crystal, organic carapace) now increase life regeneration by 2 life per second rather than 3 life per second.
    - Various other changes that are not worth mentioning.

TERRAN
    - The Marauders that are inside the terran bunkers now patrol their location when the bunker dies rather than hold position. This change was done so that the marauders wouldn’t just stand there while a range 7+ hero was attacking them.
    - The scv hero’s abilities construct auto turret and construct missile turret abilities now have their build times decrease as the level of these abilities increase. This change was done because the build times for these abilities were too high when the abilities were at level 3.
    - The medic hero’s irradiate ability has a 25% shorter duration because the ability was too strong. However, the damage radius of the ability has been increased to 2 (from 1.5).
    - Fixed a bug where the medic hero’s irradiate ability’s actor would not display when the ability was used on heroes.
    - Stimpack now has a 15 second cooldown and can be autocast.
    - The firebat hero has a slightly faster movement speed (2.5 up from 2.25) and deals 5% more damage. This change was done because the hero was a bit weak.
    - The siege tank hero now deals 10% more damage and no longer has a minimum range while in siege mode. This change was done because this hero was too weak and too many heroes had abilities to abuse the minimum range.
    - The vulture heroes spider mines ability has been changed slightly. Now when you learn the spider mines ability you get two abilities, replenish mines (hotkey W) and deploy mines (hotkey Q). Replenish mines will construct mines for your vulture hero to use and deploy mines will deploy them, the vulture hero can now carry up to 5 spider mines. The vulture hero spider mines ability now works similar to how it works in the campaign and this allows players to store up mines. Replenish mines can be autocast.
    - The vulture hero’s Cerberus mines ability now let’s spider mines deal 50% more damage. This change was done because someone requested it.
    - The marauder hero’s point defence drones deal 20% less damage because the ability was too strong.
    - The cooldown remaining for the thor hero’s immortality protocol ability is now shown on the command card.
    - The thor hero can no longer use spell items or consumable items while it is wreckage.
    - The hellion hero’s attack cooldown has been decreased to 2 seconds from 2.5 seconds because the hero did not deal enough dps.
    - The hellion hero’s flame trail ability now has half the energy cost and half the cooldown.
    - The med pack item can now be used on non-biological units. This change was done because someone requested it (even though it doesn’t make sense that a siege tank can use a med pack).
    - Fixed an issue where terran players could not buy the level 4 armour item.
    - The seeker missile item no longer deals damage to allied units.

PROTOSS
    - Void rays can no longer move while they attack for balance reasons.
    - The dark templar hero’s energy burn ability now burns 5 energy per level per attack instead of 4 energy per level per attack.
    - The high templar hero’s phase shift ability has been changed. It can now be cast on both allies and enemies. It no longer makes the target invulnerable, instead the target is invulnerable to physical damage (ranged, splash or melee) and becomes vulnerable to spell damage. A phased unit takes 25% more damage from spells, has 50% movement speed and cannot attack (but can cast spells). Hopefully the ability is now more versatile since you can use it to disable an enemy unit for a short period of time, you can use it in combination with psi storm to deal more spell damage to the enemy, or you can use it on your high templar hero to prevent it from being attacked by enemies.
    - The high templar hero’s temporal rift now longer affects allied units, but is slightly weaker (-65% time scale modifier rather than -75% time scale modifier).
    - The high templar hero can now attack air units since someone requested it.
    - Fixed an issue where the shadow clones of the dark templar hero were giving minerals and experience on death.
    - Fixed an issue where the phoenix hero’s graviton beam ability was lasting 0.25 seconds longer than it was supposed to.
    - The phoenix hero now has a maximum speed of 3 when it is using its graviton beam ability (this was done for balance reasons).
    - Fixed an issue where graviton beam would move the target unit to the enemy base if the phoenix hero dies or uses warp out.
    - The archon hero’s immolation ability has been changed slightly. It now has a larger radius (radius 2 instead of radius 1) but deals 25% less damage. This change was done because the ability was often useless since the archon’s attack range was larger than the immolation range.
    - The dark archon hero’s mind control ability has been improved slightly. It’s cooldown has been halved, and mind controlled units are now invulnerable for 10 seconds after they are mind controlled. In addition units that are mind controlled have their life fully replenished.
    - The dark archon hero’s attack now has a longer cooldown and does slightly more damage (overall same dps).
    - Fixed an issue where the obelisk would not heal air units.
    - The obelisk now requires at least 5 energy to restore the shields of another unit. So the animation will no longer be as annoying.
    - The damage dealt by the interceptor created by the interceptor item now scales as the hero levels and buys weapons (in addition to other modifiers).
    - The power field item has been changed slightly. It no longer doubles shield regeneration, instead all units in its radius gain 1 shield per second (even if they are in combat). This change was done because someone requested it.
    - The soul channel item now drains 120 life/shields over 120 seconds and it now damages shields before life. This change was done because the item was too powerful when used on archon heroes and was otherwise weak.

ZERG
    - Removed a bug where zerg units spawned by the computer player would sometimes have a higher movement speed than they should have.
    - Made some minor changes to zerg that will hopefully make the game run faster when a team is zerg.
    - Zerg heroes can no longer use spell items or consumable items while burrowed.
    - You can now load into the Nydus network using the team’s beacon (you could already unload from the beacon).
    - You can no longer load computer controlled units into the nydus network.
    - The zergling heroes now have a slightly longer cooldown for their attack but deal slightly more damage. This change was done to make the zergling heroes better against heroes with large amounts of armour.
    - The screen now moves to the beacon and your hero becomes selected when either the baneling or the zergling hero revives and both are dead (this already happens for heroes other than the baneling and zergling heroes).
    - The baneling hero’s explode ability now has a 30 second cooldown for balance reasons.
    - The roach hero’s rapid regeneration ability now gives 2 life per second per level, down from 3 life per second per level, because the ability was too strong.
    - Fixed an issue where the hydralisk hero’s ensnare ability actor would sometimes not be destroyed.
    - Hopefully fixed some issues where the drone hero’s vitals would be reset when it used some of its morph abilities.
    - Fixed some bugs where the spine crawler hero and spore crawler hero’s actors would sometimes not work properly.
    - The spine crawler hero and spore crawler hero can now use morph abilities while uprooted.
    - The defiler hero’s dark swarm ability is slightly weaker and has a 75% damage reduction at level 2 and 90% damage reduction at level 3 (down from 80% and 95% respectively).
    - The ultralisk hero’s chitinous plating ability now gives 0.75 armor per level instead of 1 armor per level for balance reasons.

7. -1equalsexp(ipi)

Yes I am aware that in some cases (especially if a team is zerg and if some people in the game have poor computers) then the game can slow down quite about. I'm looking to solve these issues and made some attempts in version 2.5 to solve these issues.

8. -1equalsexp(ipi)

Hello everyone, version 2.6 was released earlier today. Sorry that it has been a while since the last update. Anyway, here is the changelog:

GENERAL
    - Added leaderboards to the game. Leaderboards display the hero level, number of hero kills and number of deaths for each player.
    - Added tooltips for the heroes when you are selecting a hero. The tooltips give a brief description of the hero, indicate the hero’s base stats (movement speed, armor, life, shields, energy, range, DPS), and list the hero’s 4 abilities.
    - Locked the game speed to faster. This was done to prevent popularity splitting since the popularity was split between normal and faster.
    - (Hopefully) fixed a bug where users with Macintosh computers would drop from the game when a player leaves the game. To do this I had to significantly change how the leaver system works. Also, leaver bonuses are now displayed on your hero, so you know if your hero is benefiting from a leaver bonus.
    - (Hopefully) fixed a bug where players could receive multiple heroes by clicking fast.
    - When players choose random heroes they receive a free ultracapacitor/microprocessor/chrystalsis.
    - Submenus (such as the submenu that appears when you are learning a new ability) are now ‘sticky’. This means that the sub menues are no longer closed when you learn an ability (so you no longer have to click the learn button multiple times to learn multiple abilities at once). Please tell me if you prefer the current ‘sticky’ sub-menus or if you prefer the old ‘non-sticky’ submenus.
    - The life and shields of production buildings has been increased by 20%.
    - The lava terrain effect and the river terrain effect are now percent based (so lava deals damage equal to 2% of the unit’s life+shields each second and river heals 0.5% of the unit’s life and shields each second). This was done because someone requested it.
    - Fixed an issue where some units (such as the immortal, colossus, spine crawler or spore crawler) would always slide downwards when on ice.
    - Fixed an issue where the ‘turrets’ of the colossus hero and the siege tank hero would not work properly after these heroes respawned.
    - Fixed an issue where players could control enemy bunkers or nydus canals. Apparently target filters do not work properly for interact abilities (hopefully blizzard fixes this) so I had to do an elaborate work around to fix this issue.
    -Various other minor changes.

TERRAN
    - Bunkers and nydus canals can no longer be used to load workers or air units.
    - Banshees spawned by the computer player no longer have energy (so they cannot be feedbacked).
    - The Banshee hero has 25% less energy but deals 16.7% more damage. This was done because the banshee had difficulty using all its mana since its only spells are suppression drones and cloak (which becomes free at level 3).
    - The hellion hero’s fire boost ability can now be autocast.
    - The hellion hero’s fire trail ability has been modified slightly. It is no longer a spell that you cast and lasts 15 seconds. Instead fire trail is a spell that you can turn on or off any time you like and has an energy cost of 1 energy per second.
    - The vulture hero’s cerberus mines no longer makes spider mines deal 50% more damage. In addition the vulture hero can only carry up to 3 mines at once instead of 5. These changes were done to balance spider mines.
    - Fixed a bug where the vulture hero’s spider mines would not work on cloaked units.
    - Fixed a bug where the siege tank hero’s attack animation wasn’t working properly.
    - The thor hero’s strike cannons ability is no longer cancelled when a target moves out of vision and the ability has a better range so that it is harder to dodge this ability.
    - Fixed a bug where the reaper hero could use jetpack on the lava map to teleport instantly to any location on the map.
    - Sensor towers now have 300 life (up from 200) and 1 armor. This was done because they were too easy to kill.

PROTOSS
    - Fixed a bug where the phoenix hero’s graviton beam was not working properly and would only work for a fraction of a second.
    - The mothership’s planet cracker ability no longer deals double damage to buildings. However, this ability now lasts 50% longer (15 seconds instead of 10 seconds). This was done because using planet cracker on buildings was slightly too powerful.
    - Fixed a bug where the soul channel item would damage life before shields.

ZERG
    - The drone hero no longer has acid spine. Instead the drone hero has a new ability called drone swarm. Drone swarm summons a swarm of drones which deal damage to nearby enemies. It is basically an AOE spell. The reason this was done was because the acid spine ability didn’t fit the drone hero’s role very well.
    - Fixed a bug where the drone hero would not finish morphing into a spine or spore crawler if it becomes stunned during the morph.
    - Fixed a bug where the life, energy and shields of units would be reset when they used morph to spine crawler hero, morph to spore crawler hero or morph to lurker hero.
    - Mind control and neural parasite can no longer be used on overseers or observers. This was done because using neural parasite on overseers was an incredibly abusive strategy as the infestor hero.
    - The zergling hero’s wings ability now works on all units currently selected (so you only have to click once to make both zergling heroes jump to a target location).
    - The baneling hero’s searing acid ability can now hit air units if you aim it properly.
    - The nydus worm item only uses half a charge when used on a baneling or zergling hero. This change was done to make the item better for these heroes.
    - Consumable items no longer work while a hero is burrowed.
    - Reduced the range at which you can place a Nydus canal from 12 to 2.
    - Fixed a bug where the timed life of aberrations created by spawn aberration did not work properly.

9. -1equalsexp(ipi)

Can someone please change the thread title to say 2.6 instead of 2.0?

10. EatMeReturns

Albuquerque, New Mexico
    I hope you're still aware of the lag issue. Have you been taking looks at your triggers for optimization? The biggest issue is the intense map initialization.

11. Stirlitz

Stirlitz Member

Greece
    I wonder what kind of skills the Firebat hero has :p
    Hope you did add an "undress and jump in pool" skill :p

12. -1equalsexp(ipi)

Version 2.7 has been released. It includes new heroes and other changes. Sorry its been so long since the last update. The delay is due to a combination of exams, classes, completing my degree, various real life stuff, laziness and laddering (I'm top 10 masters now). Here is the change log:

GENERAL
    - Added 3 new heroes, 1 for each race. The heroes are the raven hero, the corruptor hero and the immortal hero. [video coming soon]
    - The number of levels has been increased by 5 to 15. This was done because the level cap was too low. In addition, all heroes gain a 5th ability called stat bonus. Stat bonus can only be learned after level 11 and increases damage, life, shields, energy and energy regeneration by 2% per level. You can learn stat bonus 5 times and stat bonus is a temporary ability until more suitable 5th abilities are created for all the heroes (though it can become permanent if people prefer).
    - Significantly changed and simplified various behaviours and triggers related to level bonuses of items. The result is that there are far less hidden behaviours on a hero at any given time so the game should run faster.
    - Submenus are no longer sticky. This is a reversal of a change made in 2.6. The reason this was done was because many individuals complained about the new system and found sticky sub menus to be annoying.
    - Fixed an issue where the hero portraits where not visible when the race of a player was zerg (this issue was caused by patch 1.3 and many other map makers had this problem).
    - Fixed an issue where players would sometimes be unable to unload their hero from a nydus network or a bunker. This issue was accidently caused in 2.6 when I fixed the bug where players could control enemy bunkers and nydus networks.
    - Fixed an issue where heroes would lose their leaver bonus when they respawn.
    - The exact percentage bonus of the leaver bonus is now indicated in the hero’s behaviour area (next to the minimap).
    - Various other minor changes.

TERRAN
    - The marauder hero no longer has the point defence drone ability (that ability was given to the raven). Instead the marauder hero has a new ability called explosive barrels, where the marauder hero can place invisible barrels and explode them remotely to deal damage.
    - Spider mines now deal 50 damage (instead of 70) but no longer deal damage to allied units.
    - The SCV hero can no longer field more than 4 battlecruisers at any given time for balance reasons (since the massing of battlecruisers was shown to be too powerful in game).
    - The seeker missile item no longer exists. It has been replaced by a yamato gun item.
    - The duration of the lockdown item has been reduced by 25% for balance reasons.

PROTOSS
    - The rate at which the obelisk restores shields with its ability has been reduced by 12.5% for balance reasons.
    - Disruption Web no longer has an effect on ground units. This change was done because the ability was being abused too much against ground units even though it is intended to be an anti-air item.

ZERG
    - Zerglings and roaches no longer have an ability that causes their movement speed to increase by 50% when there are nearby enemies. This ability was originally implemented to make zerg units balanced with terran units, but the ability made the game run slower. Instead, zerglings have +0.5 armor and zealots deal +0.5 damage. Hopefully the result is better performance and better balance.
    - Zergling hero and baneling hero deaths now only count for 0.5 when calculating kills and deaths on the leaderboard.
    - The baneling hero’s explode has been weakened at higher levels for balance purposes. It does the same damage at level 1, 12.5% less damage at level 2 and 25% less damage at level 3.
    - The drone hero can no longer field more than 6 broodlords at any given time for balance reasons (since the massing of broodlords was shown to be too powerful in game).
    - The energy cost and cooldown of drone swarm has been increased by 50% for balance reasons.
    - The infestor hero’s fungal growth ability now lasts 4 seconds instead of 8 seconds and roots both heroic and non-heroic enemy units.
    - The queen hero now has 50 more starting energy since the queen hero was a bit weak. Furthermore, the queen hero now has +2 range for her air attack.
    - The mutalisk hero’s flying ability has been changed slightly. The mutalisk can now morph between air mode and ground mode, but the mutalisk’s air mode now costs energy to maintain. This was done to standardize the flying abilities of the heroes.

13. -1equalsexp(ipi)

"I hope you're still aware of the lag issue. Have you been taking looks at your triggers for optimization? The biggest issue is the intense map initialization."

Yeah I'm still aware of the issues. I've made some further changes in 2.7 which should make things better. However, most of the issues are the result of bugs/limitations with the editor that force me to do elaborate and not very efficient work arounds. If blizzard makes the appropriate changes and bug fixes with the editor then I can significantly improve the performance of the game.

"I wonder what kind of skills the Firebat hero has :p
    Hope you did add an "undress and jump in pool" skill :p"

Unfortunately, the firebat hero is one of the less interesting heroes. It's a melee hero with stim, 2 passives and a fairly cool ultimate that does AOE damage. I intend to add 5th abilities to all the heroes to make them more interesting in the future. If you have any suggestions for changes or ability ideas for the firebat hero then please tell me. :)

14. EatMeReturns

Albuquerque, New Mexico
    Will this fifth ability be higher-tier than the ultimates, or what?

15. -1equalsexp(ipi)

I think it would just be a regular 3-level ability that you can learn at levels 1,3 and 5. Though I could make it another ultimate or a higher-tier ultimate if people prefer.

There are a few reasons why I want to add 5th abilities to characters. Fifth abilities would make the heroes somewhat more interesting (firebat is a bit boring) and increase the number of strategies. A second reason is that I feel that some heroes lack something (ex. the marine hero lacks an early game spell to use energy on. the marine hero's only early game spell is stim, which isn't that great early game and doesn't consume much energy). I would also like to add some anti-air abilities on heroes that have difficulty with air units. Thirdly, if I increase the level cap to 15 or 20 then heroes will have more energy and energy regeneration than they do now, which means that it will be more difficult to use all your energy, even with spell items, so giving most heroes an additional spell makes a lot of sense.

I've created a thread on 5th abilities at www.heroattack.net. If anyone has any ability ideas or suggestions then please post them there.

Also, with respect to your comment about hero attack being slow/laggy, I would like to add that at this point I'm really leaning towards splitting my map into several smaller maps. Right now I have 4 different maps in 1. This has its advantages (its easier to play different maps and it doesn't split the popularity) but it also has its disadvantages (file size is larger, can't use as many doodads, performance is worse, limited to 8 textures for 4 maps, etc.). Since I want to have more than 4 hero attack maps, I want my maps to look nicer, and I want to improve the performance it makes more sense to split hero attack into several smaller maps. Sure it will mean that the popularity of hero attack will be split into multiple pieces, but at this point I don't care about the popularity rating (besides, the majority of hero attack games are created using chat channels and the popularity of hero attack is basically 0, which means I lose nothing by splitting popularity).

Right now my plan for hero attack in the next few weeks is as follows:

- Add a few more heroes to hero attack. My goal at this point in time is 15 heroes per race.
    - Add 5th abilities for all the heroes and continue to balance the heroes.
    - Add additional items. My goal is to get an additional shop for each base. I will probably move tomes to the 3rd shop since having them at the beacon is a bit confusing. I might add team upgrades as well.
    - Create an awesome hero selection system similar to super smash bros.
    - Greatly improve the UI of the game and make it look nicer. Will try to add an intro.
    - Split hero attack into several smaller maps and create atleast 8 different hero attack maps. I will try to make the maps look as nice as possible, have different themes, different lane setups, and have unique terrain features.
    - Create some sort of hero attack map editor, or some way so that people with very little knowledge of the editor can create hero attack maps.
    - Improve www.heroattack.net.
    - Release version 3.0 of hero attack.
    - Create a North American hero attack tournament, most likely with cash prizes. Hopefully this tournament will occur in August at the latest. Right now I'm leaning towards making the tournament 4v4, since smaller teams are easier to organize and the hero attack community isn't very big.

16. EatMeReturns

Albuquerque, New Mexico
  17. -1equalsexp(ipi)

If I need help with the UI I will definately ask you for help. :)

18. -1equalsexp(ipi)

Version 2.8 has been released. It includes 3 new heroes and some changes. Here is a changelog:

GENERAL
    - Added 3 new heroes, 1 for each race. The new heroes are the predator hero, the void ray hero and the lurker hero.
    - The game speed is now always set to fastest, even if you accidently join a lobby with normal speed.
    - Tooltips to all the behaviours have been added and/or improved.
    - The hero attack load screen now indicates the hero attack chat channel.
    - Various other minor changes.

TERRAN
    - The ghost hero’s EMP round no longer affects friendly units. You no longer have to worry about draining your own energy.
    - The raven hero’s power defence drones now have a 180 second timed life for balance purposes.
    - The siege tank hero no longer deals friendly splash damage when in siege mode. This was done because players were abusing the splash damage to kill their team’s workers and also because all other friendly splash has been removed over several patches.
    - The battlecruiser’s yamato cannon and the yamato gun item now deal 200 damage (down from 300) but the damage is now AOE (with radius 1). This was done because the item was too good at sniping individual heroes.

PROTOSS
    - The shield armor of protoss heroes is now equal to the life armor in all circumstances.
    - The dark zealot hero’s soul drain ability has been buffed slightly, but it can no longer reduce an opponent’s life below zero. This change was done because the ability was a bit too weak, but it was too powerful when used on an archon or dark archon hero.
    - The immortal hero has been weakened for balance purposes. The immortal hero’s attack period has been increased from 0.75 to 0.95, the phase disruptor ability only gives a 10% probability per level of stunning an opponent (down from 15%) and the cooldown on immortality has been increased from 120 seconds to 150 seconds.
    - The power field item no longer gives shield regeneration to units with 0 shields. This was done because the item was too powerful when used in combination with hardened shields.
    - Flux vanes item has been renamed gravitic boosters (since void ray hero has an ability called flux vanes).

ZERG
    - The hydralisk hero no longer has ensnare or lurker aspect (ensnare was transferred to the lurker hero). Instead the hydralisk hero has poison spine (this is the old drone hero ability) and slippery skin (a passive ability that gives the hydralisk a small chance of avoiding damage).

Last edited: Jun 24, 2011
  19. -1equalsexp(ipi)

Version 2.9 has been released. Here is a changelog:

GENERAL
    - Brutalisk Hero added for Zerg. I will add a hero for Terran (either viking, goliath or ares) and a hero for Protoss (either preserver or stone zealot) in the next patch.
    - Fixed a minor bug where players could sometimes obtain minerals by buying and selling consumable items.
    - The lava on the lava map now suppresses shield and life regeneration. This was done since someone requested it.

TERRAN
    - Fixed a bug where the siege tank hero would sometimes revive in the middle of the air.
    - The raven hero’s power defence drones now have 6 range instead of 8 for balance reasons.
    - The predator hero’s pounce ability has been changed slightly. Pounce no longer follows unit pathing (so you can pounce over units or over cliffs). Furthermore, you can now use pounce on allied units, but you will not stun your allies if you use pounce on them. These changes were made due to requests by various individuals.

PROTOSS
    - Fixed a bug where the void ray hero’s vitals were reset when the void ray hero used flight.
    - The void ray hero’s prismatic beam now charges up properly when you are attacking low health units like zerglings or marines.
    - The void ray hero can no longer move and attack. This was done for balance reasons.
    - Fixed a bug where the void ray hero’s beam would continue to attack even if the void ray hero dies.
    - The void ray hero’s prismatic charge ability has been changed. Damage no longer scales with upgrades and increasing the level of the ability no longer increases how much energy you can store. Instead, damage dealt per energy charged increases with the level of the ability. Also, the cooldown of the ability has been reduced from 5 seconds to 1 second and you can now fire the prismatic charge while moving. This was done to make the ability more balanced and more microable.
    - The turret turn speeds of the immortal hero and the siege tank hero have been increased slightly. This was done to make it easier to micro their attacks.
    - Disruption web now only works on air units (last patch I accidently made it only work on ground units).

ZERG
    - The damage of the lurker hero’s impale ability no longer scales with upgrades.
    - Creep tumors are no longer considered structures. This makes them vulnerable to a greater number of abilities.

20. EatMeReturns

Albuquerque, New Mexico
    Mutalisk has the same heal-on-flight issue as the void ray had. The game we just played was great. :D