1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I have an AMD 700/800 series motherboard, all games perform poorly

Discussion in 'StarCraft 2 Tech Support' started by TheXev, Sep 10, 2010.

I have an AMD 700/800 series motherboard, all games perform poorly

Discussion in 'StarCraft 2 Tech Support' started by TheXev, Sep 10, 2010.

1. TheXev

TheXev Active Member

Corry PA USA
    I’ve seen so many people in this forum, and in other places online are having issues with poor performance on AMD 700 and 800 series motherboards. The reasoning for this is either not installing the drivers on 700 series motherboards. On 800 series motherboards, not being able to get proper drivers from the manufacture(Asus is the only manufacture I can confirm is doing this so far).

Some AMD 800 series motherboards have had their south bridge swapped for older SB750 southbridges because of a chip shortage. Thats the main reason behind this issue occurring in the first place.

You can experience the poor performance with either AMD or nVidia video cards installed in the system.

If you run your dxdiag and you have any of the following hardware ID’s inside, you may be subject to this issue:

The ECS package for this motherboard is the only one I have found that contains all of the following drivers: SATA (ACPI), RAID, PCI Express, and USB.

The following threads have people with the same issue but different games. Hopefully posting this post the "way" I have will make it easily hit on Google:

World of WarCraft US.
    Command and Conquer 4(Guy in that thread needs a BIOS update too).
    Another WoW thread in EU this time.
    SC2 new computer build fps lag(from this forum, this is the thread that lead me to discover this issue and solution).

If anyone with a valid WoW account could post in either of those WoW threads and point them to this post, that'd be great... I'd love to help them out and spread the word to this fix.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2010
  2. TheXev

TheXev Active Member

Corry PA USA
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2010
  3. ImLikeYes

ImLikeYes New Member

Honolulu, HI
    Not to be mean or anything but classifying one brand as the "best" is a poor way to judge a component in a computer.. Asus is good yes but no one company is the best at making anything. In terms of computer components.. However I do have high regards to MSI, ASUS, and ABIT.

4. ImLikeYes

ImLikeYes New Member

Honolulu, HI
    You're insightful messages inspire me. :O