1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is SC2 + HoTS worth buying?

Discussion in 'StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm' started by vaportrail, Dec 30, 2012.

Is SC2 + HoTS worth buying?

1. vaportrail

vaportrail New Member

Hello, I can't post on the normal SC2 forums as I don't own the game..and I have no idea where else to ask this question as I don't know anyone else playing this game at the moment.

I used to play SC1 like crazy, was in a clan ran chat bots for them etc. and I used to make custom maps here and there, but mostly played the crap out of custom maps...they were incredibly fun to me and I never ever really enjoyed the campaign or the competitive 1v1/3v3/etc. gameplay I've only ever liked custom maps.

I was going to buy SC2 but when it came out I read a lot about how the custom map/popularity system was bad and how it made uploading and sharing new custom maps a complete pain compared to the old SC1 system is just downloading X number of maps and hosting a game with them whenever you want, therefor I stayed away from it.

I noticed the game is a bit cheaper now and I had the chance to try the game out a tad on my friend's computer, I thought it was pretty fun, but the custom map thing still bothers me hence why I'm posting.

(tl;dr) If I never want to play this game competitively or otherwise in the 'vanilla' 1v1 3v3 type modes and ONLY care about custom maps whether it be playing other people's maps or making my own, should I bother buying the game or will I be frustrating to no end?
    If it is worth it,then would it also be worth it to buy the expansion?

Last edited: Dec 30, 2012
  2. InfestedKerrigan

InfestedKerrigan New Member

The number of maps is "the best thing" about Hots.

3. they releasing another sequel on SC2 so yeah it worth purchasing i guess :p

4. LordHelmet

LordHelmet New Member

Custom maps are the bomb. the game with the editor alone is worth the price of admission. Hit it up! and get ready for the next expansion.

5. Crazio

Crazio New Member

Yes it is. Though Wings of liberty campaign was better imo. Or atleast more of a challange, the story line is good! The game play is good, just another blizzard ruby :)

6. rayphil

rayphil Guest

Definitely. Even if you ignore the story of the campaigns, the missions are fun (although they are easy). Also, you will need to get it in order to play the expansion that will come after (legacy of the void).