1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Joneagle_X 2009 BlizzCon StarCraft 2 Gameplay Review

Discussion in 'Blizzcon 2009' started by MeisterX, Aug 25, 2009.

Joneagle_X 2009 BlizzCon StarCraft 2 Gameplay Review

Discussion in 'Blizzcon 2009' started by MeisterX, Aug 25, 2009.

1. ShoGun

ShoGun Guest

Thanks for the review Jon.

Perhaps a non-splash GtG attack for the thor would make it less overshadowing to the siege tank? Hopefully it has a much shorter range. I think the energy cost for its 250mm cannon needs to be reduced, it's like a yamato cannon that's more spammable. I would prefer to have a GtG attack that only impacts individual units in favor of the thor's current GtG attack and this ability (which I hope is removed). Don't know how I feel about it's move speed, I guess it's okay. I bet it looks awkward when the thor is picked up by medivacs lol.

Most of the units in starcraft 2 are great as they are gameplay-wise, however I feel that nearly all casters need some work. The zerg I am especially disappointed with. I want the queen to return back to how she was when first introduced. Give her the deep tunnel ability, her larvae ability she has now, and whatever else. I also think the transfusion ability should be moved from the queen and given to the overseer; would make it much more accessible in the battle field. I hope the spore cloud ability stays for the overseer, and I really hope they rework the infester; it sucks! And is it just me or do the protoss seem to have a cluster of mechanics compared to the other races?

Overall, I feel that the concepts blizzard had introduced for units were amazing, but as changes progressed the game seemed to me to become more and more of a mess. Not saying that I didn't like all the changes (like for example I think the nydus worm changes are a big plus), just most. It just shows that the game is far from being perfect . . . good luck blizzard lol.

****EDIT****
    Oh yeah, another thing on the Thor; I wish it to be built by scvs again and made bigger and badder! Move the viking back to the factory, and make the banshee buildable without a tech lab.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 29, 2009
  2. MeisterX

MeisterX Hyperion

New Port Richey, FL
    @ ShoGun,

Valid points. The Thor does not do splash damage, however. It does two 30 damage attacks totaling 60 damage to ONE target. ;) It's GTA attack is splash.

@lvhoang,

The Mothership is pretty much unchanged. Same abilities. Same speed. Minor damage tweaks. Nothing big.

3. ShoGun

ShoGun Guest

Alright cool then I guess its not so overshadowing to the siege tank. What are all the abilities in the multiplayer and what units do they belong to?

4. Gardian_Defender

Gardian_Defender New Member

Oregon_USA
    Yea you would more use seige tanks as movable base defences and thors seem to be more of the "push" unit, now intead of tank pushes it will be Thor pushes, and that sounds kooler anyway.

5. freedom23

freedom23 New Member

I've just thought of this recently after watching pearl harbor.

Q: Can the Zerg Corruptor corrupt its own ally as a salvage maneuver to turn it into an infested turret? tnx

6. MeisterX

MeisterX Hyperion

New Port Richey, FL
    Nope. The unit just dies from friendly fire.

7. lughugstu

lughugstu Guest

Q: Can the Zerg Corruptor corrupt its own ally as a salvage maneuver to turn it into an infested turret? tnx