1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Let the Speculation BEGIN!

Discussion in 'WWI 2008' started by Ych, Jun 23, 2008.

Let the Speculation BEGIN!

Discussion in 'WWI 2008' started by Ych, Jun 23, 2008.

1. Gasmaskguy

Gasmaskguy New Member

Sweden
  2. i2new@aol.com

i2new@aol.com New Member

Damn credit stealers, lol well i'm glad some one else sees it as a hel rune me and my brother dont agree. He thinks its another letter of a Death knights rune blade

3. ShdwyTemplar

ShdwyTemplar New Member

Tacoma, Washington
    The better question is what on earth is the creature that is being created? I don't really want to fight Walrus man in Diablo 3.

4. i2new@aol.com

i2new@aol.com New Member

if thats even a walrus....

5. Seradin

Seradin New Member

Aiur
    -Updated with rune comparison

6. MarineCorp

MarineCorp New Member

England, United Kingdom
    I knew i was seeing some symbols, i thought it was WoW since i never played diablo

7. ShdwyTemplar

ShdwyTemplar New Member

Tacoma, Washington
    I will need to replay Diablo 2 now. Plus, that is true we don't know exactly what it is. Blizzard is going true to they're name and is going cold. :D

8. i2new@aol.com

i2new@aol.com New Member

Man there in a huge fight on other websites about it being WOW or diablo. but i'm 90% sure its diablo

9. Wlck742

Wlck742 New Member

In your head
    Diablo 3 is the only logical conclusion if you think about it. Why would Blizzard reannounce WoW when the whole world knows about it? And as has been pointed out, the runes are Diablo runes, not Warcraft. D3 most definitely.

10. Light

Light Guest

Yay!

yet...diablo 2 is such an epic game...it will be missed *sob*

11. Wlck742

Wlck742 New Member

In your head
    And the Diablo series are the one that never can or should be made cartoony either. It works on SC and WC, but definitely not in Diablo.

12. ijffdrie

ijffdrie Lord of Spam

people, only the second rune is diablo, the first one is from arthas blade, there are some minor differences with a hel rune

13. i2new@aol.com

i2new@aol.com New Member

that first rune is not WoW related. its not going to be WoW related at all. Tomarrow if the 3ed rune is diablo related just throw the Death knight rune idea out the window, even tho it should of been out the window today.

14. CyberPitz

CyberPitz New Member

So glad I was wrong about it not being DIII. BRING IT OOONNNNN

15. i2new@aol.com

i2new@aol.com New Member

i would rather play any diablo game then wow some times...... i cannot w.a.i.t.........

16. Space Pirate Rojo

Space Pirate Rojo New Member

Canada, eh?
    F*** yeah D3.

Death Knight VS Whirlwind Barbarian.

17. Wlck742

Wlck742 New Member

In your head
    I can't imagine them ever making a crossover game. Besides the runes are quite similar for both games, at least the first one was, but the hel rune should make it clearer that it's a Diablo game.

18. i2new@aol.com

i2new@aol.com New Member

@ Major willy, i'll take the Barb....lol

@Seradin, you need to post the date cody thing related to D3 in the first post. I dont think everyone knows about the theroys and rumors and should know.

19. ItzaHexGor

ItzaHexGor Active Member

Sydney, Australia
    Sorry, back.

@ KuraiKozo. How can you be tired of all this Wow stuff and want something new? It's Blizzard's newest game. You sick of WarCraftIII or StarCraft1? They're even older and have been out longer, so why're you sick of World of WarCraft and not them?

@ BloodHawk. How is any game any different? In StarCraft, or any RTS, you 'just' keep on building a base and attack your opponent. In any FPS you 'just' run around and try to get headshots. In World of WarCraft, and any other RPG, you 'just' run around grinding. It's the same with all games. If you continue playing the same game, then you're doing the same thing, hence it's repetitive. The thing is that repetitive doesn't mean boring. In fact, if World of WarCraft had to be different from any other game, I'd say it's actually better off that the others as it's got a much spectrum than other games and is constantly being added to.

Anyway, enough of that. I warned you that that was the short version. About the runes, I've got to say that the Shael Rune, or whatever, the one in the bottom left, looks much more like the inscription on the sword than the rune from Diablo2, but the Hel Rune, or whatever, definitely looks like the Diablo one more than anything else. It could definitely go either way at the moment, as Blizzard's renowned for cutting corners, etc, which would easily explain why there's a crossover.

@ Babmer. You sure there're two unannounced projects? They're working on the StarCraft and WarCraft storylines at the moment, so that just leaves the Diablo one. Maybe there's something brand new, which would be a bit risky, or perhaps it's not related to gaming, like the WarCraft movie or something. Anyone know if that's officially been announced? WarCraftIV's a possibility, hopefully it would help restore what World of WarCraft did to WarCraft's storyline, but then again, it would have to take a tangential storyline because otherwise they'd be in conflict.

From what we've seen of Wrath of the Lich King and the Diablo series, it definitely does look like it would suit Wrath more at the moment, however considering how the Diablo2 storyline ended, with all the Prime Evils being slain and having their Soulstones obliterated, it's safe to say that the plot would have to take a twist. Whether they reappear in another village, an area previously unaffected by the Evil's corruption but still possessed by it, or whether it's in a different realm, like how there was the Arcane Sanctuary and the Chaos Sanctuary, we don't know, but I can easily see Diablo taking a turn into such an environment of their opening ice wallpaper.

Then there's the thought that they could just be leading us on an elegantly planned goose chase. Having images that don't clearly fit any of their genres while sharing some qualities of each, strange purple monsters with what seems like secret coding inscribed into their filenames, and after having had useful build ups before each invitation all these years, or so I've heard... Can't help but feel as though it could all be a fake and when the ice has fully opened up it's just some guy pointing and laughing at us, or when the last part of the purple monster's revealed it's just some uber-cartoony joke of a creature. I honestly wouldn't be surprised.

@ ijffdrie. What pic?

20. ShdwyTemplar

ShdwyTemplar New Member

Tacoma, Washington
    Third day is now officially up. Just thought I would let you guys know.