1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Let the Speculation BEGIN!

Discussion in 'WWI 2008' started by Ych, Jun 23, 2008.

Let the Speculation BEGIN!

Discussion in 'WWI 2008' started by Ych, Jun 23, 2008.

1. ItzaHexGor

ItzaHexGor Active Member

Sydney, Australia
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

That's one for each now, right? WarCraft, Diablo, StarCraft.

2. ijffdrie

ijffdrie Lord of Spam

haha,
    ijffdrie was right,
    sorry to say it bubs, but you drew yout conclusions far too fast, i want d3 as bad as anyone, but this thing isnt prove(yet)
    what about the animal, what is the new picture?

3. ssjfox

ssjfox Hyperion

Yes there is one for each race, the first rune was in fact the rune of Arthas's blade it appears, so that kinda hurts idea of it being diablo 3 it was just showing a symbol for all three game series.

Also another nail in this would be coffin is that the secret picture is 23 which is w and obviously that is not in diablo. Either way here's the new secret image put in place, doesn't really help much but i went ahead and did it, really fast 30 second job so sorry about the lack of time writing :p

[​IMG]

4. ijffdrie

ijffdrie Lord of Spam

so we have a w an o and a d
    lol that makes world of diablo
    it cant be combined to either warcraft, starcraft or diablo, so i have to put my money in a new series, or that we interpreted the numbers wrong

5. ijffdrie

ijffdrie Lord of Spam

i was talking about the "shael"(i think) rune

and wow, i cant believe no one talked about the mistery simbols at the left of the arthas rune, at the right of the hel rune, and under the protoss symbol, they are really small though

i odnt recognize the one next to arthas's rune
    the one near the hel rune looks like a circle, with some strange thingies on the right and under
    the protoss one has an r very clearly(thanks to foxy for finding it), it looks to be followed by a small clock that says 5oçlock and an oval on the upper right of the clock

Last edited: Jun 25, 2008
  6. marinefreak

marinefreak New Member

Australia
    Blizzard has purchased the Dawn of War series yes!
    On a slightly more serious note you can never rule out they're making another lost vikings game or of course blizzard are listening to what people are saying on forums and are trying mislead us...

Btw SC2 pod are getting so much traffic their servers are currently down as they try to move them ^^

7. ssjfox

ssjfox Hyperion

That's what I'm hoping for they did all this and got everyone super excited about diablo 3 and all this stuff and a big giant announcement and.... they were just screwing with us the whole time. Be the greatest thing Blizzard ever did.... screw with their entire fan base.

Also diablofans crashed because of the huge number of people trying to enter it, just to let you know how many people were watching this.

8. ijffdrie

ijffdrie Lord of Spam

it could also be a gneral sign for the WWI, and not an announcement

9. Babmer

Babmer Guest

Sorry guys, its a confirmed announcment:

http://www.computerandvideogames.com...91551&site=pcg

"Blizzard's Rob Pardo refused to tell Game Informer what the announcement was, but the phrasing of his refusal was itself revealing "So you want me to announce the game before the announcement?" So it is a game you'll be announcing then, Rob? That rules out most of the pessimist's theories: that this would be new Lich King details, Starcraft 2 stuff or a Battle.net relaunch.

Relatedly, someone who would know has very strongly hinted to us that this is not going to be a new IP - that is, the announcement will not be of an entirely new game unrelated to their existing series."

10. Sargsaft

Sargsaft New Member

Hi guys

i m new to this forum but have been following it for quite some time now.
    i know what i am about to say will get lot of flaming going on, but what the heck, my source was never wrong so far.

so here it is, a friend of mine who worked for blizzard europe till the end of may 2008 came back home (small country, lots money and chocolate). Anyway everyone of us knew hed came back on day so we asked him "these questions about upcoming stuff" which everyone wants to know.

One Answer was, that he already saw animations of the barbarian class for the upcoming Diablo 3.
    So we asked him more and he told us that he couldnt tell us more, since blizzard tells everyone to stfu or be killed.... well he told us some more things but....that for another time if i survive the flaming.

anyway let the flaming begin, but if i m right i will be god, coming next weekend.

cheers
    sorry for my bad english....

and diablo 3 for the win.....

11. Babmer

Babmer Guest

Ahem, ok.. erh yeah! its basicly confirmed:

Diablo 3 Announcement at WWI
    25th Jun 2008 04:56 PM GMT | Rushster | 1 comments
    Tag this!

With this week's speculation over the Blizzard teasers, more and more reports in the media, and numerous tips coming direct us at IncGamers from reliable inside industry sources in the past 24 hours, we now have confirmation from inside sources to say that Diablo 3 WILL be announced on Saturday at WWI Paris 2008.

With that in mind, we would like to invite Diabloii.net readers to submit their questions for us to ask Blizzard.

This is extremely exciting for all of us here at Diabloii.net. For the past 10 years we have been supporting the Diablo community and to have something completely new to sink our teeth into is fantastic. We will be at the show on Saturday for the announcement and also the press conference which is directly after, so expect reports from the show floor live, interviews and much more.

12. kuvasz

kuvasz Corrections Officer

Hungary
    Sargsaft, why would you be flamed for this? Even if you're wrong you wouldn't be flamed for raising hype - everyone is just guessing here. And if you're right... well you certainly won't become god. So stop dramatising please.

13. Sargsaft

Sargsaft New Member

sorry didnt mean to dramatize, but then chill man i was just exagerating.

anyway i just got flamed in german forums for telling this...so....

14. kuvasz

kuvasz Corrections Officer

Hungary
    Why would you be flamed for sharing an info no one else knows about? Germans...

:p

15. Wlck742

Wlck742 New Member

In your head
    Uhh, shoulda known Blizzard wouldn't make things this easy for us. WTF??

16. Wlck742

Wlck742 New Member

In your head
    I think this is similar to the countdown we had before the SC2 announcement. You know the one where the site redirected to a picture that showed a Blizzard game every day? So it's probable this is another announcement. Also the order of the runes means a lot. Assuming the rune on the upper left is the Warcraft rune, that would mean this is another countdown. Because Warcraft came first, then Diablo, then Starcraft, it would follow the chronological order of their games. In a few days I'm expecting a new rune or icon or something in the middle of the pic that announces what the game is.

17. Space Pirate Rojo

Space Pirate Rojo New Member

Canada, eh?
    Ice not affiliated with Diablo?

The series ended (so far) in the Barbarian lands. Look around in Act 5.

18. i2new@aol.com

i2new@aol.com New Member

if they dont announce a diablo 3, i'm going to pay air plain tickets for every hardcore diablo fan in thw world and fly them to CA.

Then i'll pay for hotels and buy out a hilton for like 3 days.

then i will equip my army of angrey diablo fans with pitch forks buckets of oil & tourches, and you cant forget big sticks with nails.

The 3ed night my and my army will have a super dinner for the army and dance to crapy diablo music..... then....

the next day, we will martch onto blizzards front door step and take them by force. I will also send out ninjas to get all the former diablo makers for failing there fans.... Now only if i could get enough money my dream will come true

:) lol.........j/p

19. Fenix

Fenix Moderator

Sooo...What's with the Protoss symbol then

20. Itsmyship

Itsmyship New Member

Where only cool people live... So Cal!
    You're all wrong guys! It's OBVIOUSLY Lost Vikings 2!

I mean, it's been forever since the first one, and everyone knows the gaming community has been waiting for the sequel.