1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Let the Speculation BEGIN!

Discussion in 'WWI 2008' started by Ych, Jun 23, 2008.

Let the Speculation BEGIN!

Discussion in 'WWI 2008' started by Ych, Jun 23, 2008.

1. ItzaHexGor

ItzaHexGor Active Member

Sydney, Australia
    Looks like it's been fan-made. The texture isn't consistent throughout the missing images. Besides, doesn't look like anything Blizzard would do.

Also, don't double post or quote the person above you.

2. ssjfox

ssjfox Hyperion

yeah it's not the real thing, it doesn't match to what blizzard has already released [​IMG]

sorry for the sloppy job i did this last night right when it came out and posted it in the ice is opening up thread which got merged with this.

3. ijffdrie

ijffdrie Lord of Spam

i havent read all teh pages, but maybe what i've said has already been said
    even if this project is part of teh already existing universe, there is no reason to assume that, because all the other games are being expanded, it is diablo 3, they can work on 2 games of the same franchise at the same time; look at starcraft:ghost and starcraft 2, or warcraft 2 and warcraft adventures: lord of the clans

4. ssjfox

ssjfox Hyperion

EDIT: as to not double post I'm going to put what my old post said to ijffdrie at the top, just ignore it if you want.

But in the same light both starcraft:ghost and warcraft adventures failed and were never released, which would seem to prove they can't work on two games of the same franchise. I'm sure they could if they tried hard but they don't have the best record in that field.

Ok so day for is officially up (actually it has been for awhile just no one has posted so I will)

This is now the status of the creature and it really does appear to be becoming a purple penguin. LordKerwyn had a theory that the creature isn't important and it's what it will be holding in that last panel which I have to agree with at this point.

[​IMG]

Also the number for the new picture was 16 which leaves us with D O W P which leaves us with nothing, then again the number to letter might not be right at all.

[​IMG]

First off people seem to be seeing a lot of things inside now (lion face, diablo, human form) the only one which seems to be possible really (although there is part of a lion's face if you look right but that has nothing to do with the actual splash and I wouldn't bother looking for it) is that the two slanted ice chips near the center are actually eyes which could be possible.

As for the new rune it's a circle surrounded by a few other circles really. There are a bunch of theories on it right now mine was that it's a solar system/universe which the diablo fan site guy who posted the information agreed with when i looked.
    Then there's Lord's theory which is that the three circles are the three games circling around one main event which would be the WWi and that's what the middle circle stands for.

The other two I've seen that are plausible are two ximnipot69 showed me in the chat that came from the diablofans site.
    1. Seems like the area where you fight the ancients, you're in the middle, with
    the 3 ancients surrounding you
    2. The 3 prime evils are summoning something more powerful and destructive.

EDIT new theories
    1. if you took it to be a solar system or universe that could indicate universe of starcraft of starcraft galaxy like Diablofans says.
    2. The other idea from them is much like lord's but it's the 3 old franchises revolving around the 4th new one.

So anyway have fun speculating and driving yourself crazy over this, everyone else seems to be.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2008
  5. Wlck742

Wlck742 New Member

In your head
    3 words: Damn you Blizzard!

6. ssjfox

ssjfox Hyperion

yes... you got to love how blizzard loves to screw with their fans and lead them around, probably just to laugh at all the crazy ideas people come up with.

also i added 2 new theories that could be true about the new rune in my last post.

7. BirdofPrey

BirdofPrey New Member

Arizona
    I also noticed the runes are moving the Protoss symbol is lower now

8. ssjfox

ssjfox Hyperion

yeah so it seems... but that's most likely because the runes would be illegible or destroyed if left in the same spot by the expanding break and light shining from it.

9. Wlck742

Wlck742 New Member

In your head
    I could almost swear the scratches by the Protoss symbol spell out :laugh:.

10. ssjfox

ssjfox Hyperion

I don't see it.... maybe you could point them out with a picture or something.
    ....if blizzard wanted to mess with people and make them see things not there in the ice they did a great job with all the pictures and ideas that are surfacing

11. Prodigal

Prodigal New Member

What exactly is the new Rune from?

That looks an AWFUL lot like an Archon!! (the new blizzard image)

12. Wlck742

Wlck742 New Member

In your head
    As far as the games are concerned, it's a completely new rune. I've looked all over for it but it's not there.

13. ssjfox

ssjfox Hyperion

No one is quite sure, I posted a lot of the big ideas for it on the last page in that long post with the pictures, so you check that for a few of the ideas that you might like.

Also a new one is that it has some connection to warcraft 3 because of one of the cinema scenes in it in which archimonde draws a symbol like it in the sand. You can find the theory on SClegacy http://www.sclegacy.com/

14. Wlck742

Wlck742 New Member

In your head
    I don't think it's from the cinematic because all the other runes were near perfect matches and this one's a little off. But if it is, it'll support the countdown theory more. First came Warcraft, then came Diablo, then came Starcraft, then World of Warcraft (?).

If it really does spell POWNED in the end... that would be the end of Rob Pardo and the beginning of yet another annoying trend.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2008
  15. ssjfox

ssjfox Hyperion

I don't really think it's from the cinematic i just thought I'd throw it out there for people. And it could represent WoW if you consider it to be planets because WoW has been expanding on the different planets in it recently with the dreanei (no idea how to spell) and the other new races and lore

16. Wlck742

Wlck742 New Member

In your head
    Let's see:

Warcraft 1 -> Warcraft 2 -> WC2 Beyond the Dark Portal -> Diablo I -> Starcraft -> SC Brood War -> WC2 Bnet edition -> Diablo II -> D2: Lord of Destruction -> WoW & expansions -> SC2 -> Project Hydra (unconfirmed)

We saw WC, Diablo, and SC. So what's next, Rock & Roll Racing?

17. Meee

Meee New Member

Poland
  18. ijffdrie

ijffdrie Lord of Spam

the new rune looks like a arcane sanctum seen from above

19. ItzaHexGor

ItzaHexGor Active Member

Sydney, Australia
    The whole setup is starting to look extremely Diabloesque. The whole thing is a circle, the cracks in the ice are beginning to form a pentagram with the runes at each point, and now the eyes in the middle are starting to appear. Obviously I agree that the runes can't really help but be placed in a pentagrammic array, but now that the gap is starting to take place, it's beginning to look less and less coincidental.

The whole problem with this is that the runes aren't all from the Diablo series, especially the Protoss symbol. Could just be to stop it being so blatant, but might just be to show what the Invitation will include, being all Blizzard's games but with a focus on x, the x most likely being related to Diablo. Then again, maybe it'll end up like a huge roulette wheel or something...

20. ijffdrie

ijffdrie Lord of Spam

i checked it, the symbol most certainly isnt in the archimonde scene