1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Let the Speculation BEGIN!

Discussion in 'WWI 2008' started by Ych, Jun 23, 2008.

Let the Speculation BEGIN!

Discussion in 'WWI 2008' started by Ych, Jun 23, 2008.

1. marinefreak

marinefreak New Member

Australia
    The numbers will be 4,8,15,16,23,42... don't any of you guys watch lost =O ?

2. Wlck742

Wlck742 New Member

In your head
    I actually won't be surprised. Knowing Blizzard and their references, a Lost reference isn't that unlikely.

Edit: could the rune be a reference to this?

Last edited: Jun 26, 2008
  3. Prodigal

Prodigal New Member

Its obviously an Archon emerging from an Ice Berg. Ever seen the movie Titanic? Its Leonardo DiCaprio's character emerging from the ocean, three thousands years in the future, except now he is the first human Archon! Does this mean the Terran's are evolving into the Protoss? Blizzard thinks so! ;)

4. SuccaMC

SuccaMC New Member

Death Star
    you know what would be wild. if it was an entirely new game. as in not warcraft starcraft or diablo. I don't think any of us will live to see that day though. Although I think the time has come. I love all three franchises, but jeeze lets do something fresh. Now, don't think I want them not to make Diablo 3, the time has come for that too. But, something fresh from Blizzard would be great. I mean. What is the last Original Franchise release? I believe that would be either Diablo or Starcraft.

5. Wlck742

Wlck742 New Member

In your head
    The eyes are possibly those of the Dark Wanderer. If you don't know what I'm talking about, he's the guy on the Diablo 2 cover. If you superimpose the box art onto the ice image, the eyes line up perfectly, and the ice slopes up to meet his shoulders.

[​IMG]

Coincidence? I think not.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2008
  6. Fenix

Fenix Moderator

Why would they have the Diablo II cover lining up....It would only be logical if the cover of Diablo I lines up too

7. ItzaHexGor

ItzaHexGor Active Member

Sydney, Australia
    Snapage. Serious snapage.

Why would it even be the same character? Diablo1 was Diablo, Diablo2 was the Dark Wanderer. StarCraft1 was a Marine, Hydralisk and Protoss, StarCraft:BroodWar was Stukov, Kerrigan and Artanis. WarCraft1 and 2 were the only ones that lined up, as they were one of Blizzard's earliest games. The trend didn't continue to WarCraft3 which had a member of each race, and then Frozen Throne, which had the Lich King. World of WarCraft had two members of each faction, and Burning Crusade had the new member of each faction.

Long story short, barring the early exceptions, none have lined up so far, so why would it matter if it lines up with anything at all? They're evil eyes. That's all we know and that's all that matters at the moment.

8. marinefreak

marinefreak New Member

Australia
    Unless Blizzard is making the reference on purpose to link it to diablo. But i've seen screenshots of zealots and the lich king being lined up with the eyes in the same way so it inconclusive like everything else to do with it .

9. kuvasz

kuvasz Corrections Officer

Hungary
    I bet the representative is going to pull an innocent face and go "you're right, they do look like eyes... but they're just chips of ice" to destroy everyone who were brainstorming about whose eyes they can be.

10. Prodigal

Prodigal New Member

The misty outline of the face is VERY Protoss-like.

11. Wlck742

Wlck742 New Member

In your head
    Just curious, can someone not in the Pacific time zone stay upfl for 30 minutes and see if the site updates by then? I know it's a weird request but I'm curious if this updates at the same time for everyone. (99.99% sure it'll be the same for everyone but you never know.

EDIT: site updated. They're most definitely eyes. And the surrounding face looks very Protossy. The runes are also much brighter, and a new rune has been added. SC2 beta perhaps?

Last edited: Jun 27, 2008
  12. Prodigal

Prodigal New Member

ITS UPDATED!!! It looks like a Protoss now!! AS I HAVE BEEN SAYING SINCE YESTERDAY!!!

its 3am Eastern Standard here.

There is also a snowflake ruin at the very top.

13. Wlck742

Wlck742 New Member

In your head
    It could also be the lich king though. Unfortunately I'm on my iPod so I can't get a good look. Interestingly enough, there's yet another job listing on the site that starts with " Blizzard, the creators of Diablo and Diablo II..."

14. Prodigal

Prodigal New Member

"Blizzard Entertainment, the developer of Diablo and Diablo II, is looking for a lead 3D environment artist skilled at creating models and texture maps for both architectural and natural environments. The ideal candidate has experience modeling and texturing assets for a diverse visual range of environments."

Wow, they are basically saying "we are making Diablo 3".

Then again the splash page may be all about the beta.

PLEASE BE THE BETA!!!

15. Wlck742

Wlck742 New Member

In your head
    I think I'll be disappointed if it wasn't Diablo III at any rate. A beta is awesome, but D3, god that would be so awesome.

16. i2new@aol.com

i2new@aol.com New Member

god what the hell is that monster behind the ice.... God tell me..... NO BLIZZARD tell us. plz!!!

17. lurkers_lurk

lurkers_lurk New Member

Red Bluff, CA
    im looking at it and the only thing Blizz. related that i can think of is WOW because of the mist coming out of the eyes do to The Burning Crusade or SC same reason but its from the Archons, or it kinda looks like Tassadar face because of the cracks around the eyes, and i remember seeing that from SC. =P or im just rambling right now.

18. i2new@aol.com

i2new@aol.com New Member

It looks like either an icy zerg skull or a protoss head.
    Or it could be a new Evils head with blizzards icy theam for show and good looks. This is truly strange.
    It could be Diablos new body melting the ice? only time will tell.
    and my last thought. Its a Panguin....

19. Prodigal

Prodigal New Member

I've thought it was an archon since yesterday. ;)

20. Wlck742

Wlck742 New Member

In your head
    I honestly cannot say there's anyone with eyes like that in Diablo. Tyrael might fit but I can't see what that would have anything to do with ice, especially since the area around the eyes seems alienish.

Has anyone noticed the way the ice around the Frostmourne rune seems to form a sort of a head? It might be nothing but it's very interesting.