1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Morphling Wars - New simplistic take on arena

Discussion in 'StarCraft 2 Maps, Replays, Modding' started by MatTaNg, Aug 8, 2012.

Morphling Wars - New simplistic take on arena

1. MatTaNg

MatTaNg New Member

Morphling Wars:

Morphling wars is an arena FFA map where your hero can change into 10 different SC2 units. No wierd, custom abilities. just straight up SC2 units. The object of the game is to kill your opponent by constantly changing your unit to counter your opponent, then change into another unit to counter your opponent's counter and so on.

For example:
    You see a stalker so you change into an immortal.
    Your opponent counters and changes into a zealot.
    You respond by changing into a ghost and chain snipe the zealot.
    Your opponent reacts by changing into a High Templar and feedbacks your Ghost.
    This can go on forever, until one loses or runs away.
    Sometimes you may encounter more than one enemy, in this case things can get confusing. You can use spell casters like the Raven or Sentry to throw your enemies off and turn the tide of battle.

Here is a list of all the units, you can instantly change into:
    Zealot
    Stalker
    Immortal
    Dark Templar
    Raven
    Viking
    Ghost
    High Templar
    Battlecruiser
    Roach

***In order to play this game you have to create a private game; the orange join game button seems to get stuck on "waiting for players", i don't know why.

***This game is hosted in the NA servers, join channel 'mw' if you would like to play a game of morphling wars with me!

***Although this game can be played with 2+ players i would recommend to have at least 4, as it can be quite boring with only 2.

-If you like the game please rate it in the arcade reviews, it would really help me out.
    Thanks.

2. EatMeReturns

EatMeReturns Happy Mapper Moderator

Albuquerque, New Mexico
    Seems really micro-intensive, how do you make it so that the player can choose which unit to morph in to efficiently?

3. MatTaNg

MatTaNg New Member

You only have one unit and very limited abilities so its actually not that micro-intensive, the most micro you need to do is shoot and scoot. I would say, if you have a general knowledge of the units in Starcraft and how they counter each other you will be fine. If you don't you can always press F12 and look at the help menu which describes each unit and how to counter them. As for how to morph efficiently, you morph by using abilities called 'morph <unit>'. What this ability basically does is that it removes your current unit and replaces it with the corresponding unit and transfers over the life. Some units have these morph abilities in a different spell tab(Like 'build' for the SCV) because the unit's ability conflicts with another unit's hotkey. For example stalker Blink and Battlecruiser. This new tab's hotkey is 'Q', its alittle wierd at first but you warm up to it quick, when in doubt just hit Q before morphing into anything.