1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My cruddy Brood War Strategy.

Discussion in 'StarCraft Original' started by Alsojames, Jan 7, 2011.

My cruddy Brood War Strategy.

Discussion in 'StarCraft Original' started by Alsojames, Jan 7, 2011.

1. Alsojames

Alsojames New Member

This is for Protoss v Terran.

1. Make all your probes mine minerals until you can build a pylon and 2 gateways (then build them).

2. Make 2 probes. Make one of them build an assimilator. While it warps in, make your 2 new probes mine minerals. When it warps in, make 2 probes mine from the geiser.

3. Build a single Zealot and scout your enemy's base.

4. Build a Cybernetics Core.

5. Build a Forge.

6. Build 4 Dragoons

7. Build photon cannons around your base.

8. Get access to Dark Templar (Citadel of Adun followed by Templar Archives)

9. Build up an Army of Dark Templars and Dragoons.

10. Send them in to your enemy's base, destroy the detectors first (ComSat Stations and Missile Turrets)

11. Build another army of Dragoons ASAP. (NOTE You may need to expand to another mineral patch. Do so if you need to, it just increases resource output)

12. Move these dragoons in to damage your opponent's base (especially if he's rebuilt missile turrets/comsat station) while simultaneously building a strike force of Dark Templar.

13. When your Dragoon army starts to die out, move your Dark Templar in. If you did it right, the enemy should have no detectors left, leaving your Dark Templars to eff around all they want.

NOTE: If your enemy has expanded, there is a possibility that his other command center may have a Comsat station. If this is the case, blow up the expansions with Dragoons and save your Dark Templars until the final base.

Note that this worked extremely well for me, so don't flame. :(

2. Makki

Makki Member

Denmark
    awesome!
    i've seen alot of good DT rush'es in broodwar

3. Alsojames

Alsojames New Member

Yerp. This strategy ensures that they don't get slaughtered by some stupid marines because of a comsat sweep.

4. Stirlitz

Stirlitz Member

Greece
    When you say "1. Make all your probes mine minerals until you can build a pylon and 2 gateways (then build them)." you mean without building probes at the start of the game?

Also does "2. Make 2 probes. Make one of them build an assimilator. While it warps in, make your 2 new probes mine minerals. When it warps in, make 2 probes mine from the geiser." imply no other probes up to that part?

I don't know, the general idea of "use dragoons to deny detection and dts to do the killing" does sound good, but the implementation is both a little sloppy and inflexible, the way you describe it...

The way you make it sound like it's like a very weak economy 2gate build... Also photons around the base is not really a good idea, especially in the early game... You might need one or two for detection since you're on templar tech, but no more than that, and not that early...

Also, this seems fairly weak against siege tanks, since dragoons die easily to them and they can protect detection in a cost-efficient way, while you spent money teching to DTs and it also seems like you don't rely on a strong economy either...

5. Alsojames

Alsojames New Member

Well, liek I said, it worked for me. Once I got my DTs up, they kicked the Siege Tanks' asses :D.

Also, with the Assimilator, I mean build 2 new probes (for mining gas), have one warp in the assimilator, then get them both to mine minerals until it warps in. Then get the 2 probes to mine gas.

That way, you don't just have 2 idle probes while the assimilator is warping in. The beauty of protoss!

6. RushSecond

RushSecond New Member

San Diego
    Back when I was a SC1 newbie, I did just about the same thing, but with less forethought. I treated my DTs as cloaked zealots, just charge the enemy with them. Usually the opponent got too focused on the dragoon attack that they didn't realize there were DTs, and even when they did scan or w/e, 20 DTs still do sick damage to an army before they die, and the dragoons then clean up.

7. Alsojames

Alsojames New Member

Exactly. It works very well.

8. SOSHaruhi101

SOSHaruhi101 New Member

What happens if your foe has siege tanks at his base? Surely those could stop Dragoons (Dark Templers take about as long to get as siege tanks)

9. Gandromidar

Gandromidar New Member

Queensland, Australia
    ^ I agree. If the enemy is smart, they would have already comsatted your base to check what tech you were going, so they would have probably gone more turtle-y to defend against the dragoons, and built up a bunch of detectors around to make sure no DT's could do serious damage. :p

10. olmaster

olmaster New Member

Netherlands
    Seems like scouting is not an issue here...but then is just a gamble.
    So like said before, how do you know what your opponent is teching? Just by sending in those dragoons? and if there are any siegetanks? You just have DT's left. I would recommend adding new transitions in your build...like a shuttle or 2 and some air to kill the tanks..:D