1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New idea: Trade Bitcoins for downloadable games

Discussion in 'Gamer Chat' started by Elit3Gam3r, Jan 25, 2014.

New idea: Trade Bitcoins for downloadable games

Discussion in 'Gamer Chat' started by Elit3Gam3r, Jan 25, 2014.

1. Elit3Gam3r

Elit3Gam3r New Member

My friend who is a developer is thinking about writing an app that would connect Bitcoin wallets to a decentralized online store that would allow gamers to download games and pay for them with Bitcoins.

What do you guys think? Other than Overstock.com, there are virtually no online merchants that accept Bitcoin right now. If you read financial news (or heck, any kind of news), you already know that the price of Bitcoin is reaching unthinkable heights, and analysts believe the exchange rate will continue to grow. So you can say that Bitcoin has already established itself as a solid currency to purchase goods and services online.

So why gamers? Because gamers are usually young and tech savvy, and believe it or not, a lot of people who own Bitcoins are gamers. Remember that early in the development, you could mine Bitcoins using gaming rigs, so many people made a lot of money that way. So anyway, my friend will likely start coding the app soon, and I will help him talking to e-commerce sites that sell games hoping to make some deals. It would be great to know what everyone thinks.