1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Poll: Which race will you play as your main in SC2?

Discussion in 'StarCraft 2 Story and Races' started by Remy, Jun 6, 2007.

?

Disregarding the fact that everyone will try all three, as of right now which are you choosing as yo

1. Protoss !

27.1%
  2. Terran !

30.3%
  3. Zerg !

28.1%
  4. Not loyal to any race, so yet undecided.

13.1%
  5. I'm a pansy ass, I don't like StarCraft.

1.4%

Poll: Which race will you play as your main in SC2?

Discussion in 'StarCraft 2 Story and Races' started by Remy, Jun 6, 2007.

1. Ych

Ych New Member

I just re-read almost everything in this thread (Yes I was that bored).

Brings back the memories and feelings when SC2 was first announced. Seeing people's reaction when Terran was announced and jumping onto their bandwagon and followed by the Zerg was a thing of beauty. Also brings back the memories anticipating the Terran/Zerg release and the reaction that it received.

Now that we know basically everything for all 3 races, there really isn't much to anticipate anymore. I missed the days when I anticipated and imagined unit ideas for each races. Missed the conversation with fellow forum members about unit balances/strategies for each race when they were first revealed. I want this feeling to come back. Hopefully, it won't be long because the only way this feeling can come back is the release of SC2 BETA!

And last but not least, 2 YEARS!. That's right, 2 YEARS and I still haven't finalized which race I will stick to in SC2. Man, this is sad. :(

2. Aurora

Aurora The Defiant

The Netherlands
    *nostalgic nuke radiation peels skin off*
    Get over it Ych. ;)

I mean, you should be lucky if you like all of them. I hate the Terran race, for example. I will definitaly not be liking the first game. I probably have to wait about a year before my preffered missions are ready to be played. You on the other hand, can truly enjoy the game from day one. People who like all of the sides, actually get the best experience possible.

Feeling better already? :D

3. Ych

Ych New Member

Haha, somewhat. Now only if Blizzard releases beta, will it cure me 100% :).

Howcome you don't like the Terrans? Did you started off by hating them in SC1? Or is it the new mechanics/units in SC2 for the Terrans turning you off?

Nevertheless, you don't have to wait till the expansion pack to enjoy SC2. The original has all 3 races playable for multiplayer. But yea, it would suck if you don't get to play your favorite race in single-player. Especially a race that you hate to start off with. :(

4. Aurora

Aurora The Defiant

The Netherlands
    Because they killed my idea soon after announcing it. Read the whole thread to learn more...
    --punches some more holes in the wall--

And all the powerups I got for it are gone. >_<

Also: the fast firing of the BC, Firebats being out, Mines gone completely now and that ridiculous Medivac just piss me off.
    Did I mention they killed the Mine Drone already? :p

Last edited: May 4, 2009
  5. Ych

Ych New Member

I can't go to your link. Mind re-posting it?

That's wierd. Because I feel the complete opposite from you. When Blizzard first revealed the Terrans, I was literary drooling all over at its new units/mechanics.You see, I was actually the best at using Terrans in SC1 (I'm good at tank pushes hence the quote from Remy, "one-shot momentum"). However, I hated how Terran army was so slow. It took forever for me to launch an attack. It took EVEN LONGER for me to help my allies if they are under attack. By the time I get there, my allies base is basically overwhelmed.

In SC2, the introduction of the the Reapers/Vikings/Banshees totally dumped that idea away. Now, Terrans in SC2 will be faster and more deadly. Infact, you can choose to do the one-shot momentum mixed in with speed. Now, I can play to my strength as well as to my taste (unlike before, which is only play to my strength but not to my taste). I was literary all over the Terrans when I found out all about its units/mechanics. Not to mention, with the introduction of Reactors, you can mass Marines like crazy that Zerg players will feel, "Hmm, I'm getting outclassed by my own theme from another race. That's not fair!!!"

Zerg on the other hand, when it was first revealed, seemed very plain. A lot of the units are returning without much changes. The only interesting thing that I am looking forward for the Zergs in SC2 are the new creep mechanic combined with Overlord laying creep carpet all over the map. Overall, it didn't gave me the initial, "HOLY !@#$%^, THIS RACE IS GONNA BE SOO COOL," like the Terrans initially gave me.

But I guess to each his own. And it's why Starcraft 2 is going to be such an awesome game because based on the poll, the 3 races are pretty even. They are all gonna kick ass in their own way!!!

6. Aurora

Aurora The Defiant

The Netherlands
    Just a small reply from me for now then:
    Try the link again -fixed already-, or check the old Nomad mechanics thread.

About the Zerg: I think people where disappointed because we had to wait so long for them. But now with the new Queen, Creeping mechanics and news skins... awesomeness prevails.

Although, I agree with you that the new mobility is a good addition to the Terran. I just think that the whole criminal Reaper lore thing sucks, and the stuff I mentioned before as well.

7. Ych

Ych New Member

Haha, I agree with ya. I really don't like the Terran overall theme. Blizzard made the Terran like a bunch of drunk rednecks in space. I never liked those kind of theme to be honest with you.

I prefer the Protoss theme. Technological advanced backed up by their honorable personality. Overall, I just prefer the classy feel of the Protoss.

I think overall, the Zerg's new units don't have the, "WOW" factor into them compared to the Protoss and Terrans new gadgets. Like come on Roaches? A unit that just heals fast? Seems way too plain. Then you have the Ultralisk and Brood Lord which is basically an upgraded version from their SC1's counterpart. Corruptor doesn't sound too interesting either. Only unit that I'm looking forward to is the Infestor.

HOWEVER, the new Zerg mechanics IMO are the most interesting and perhaps, gaming turning compared to the other races. I'm loving what Blizzard is doing with the creeps. In Sc1, creeps was basically used to build morph structures for a Zerg player. It doesn't have any other benefits. However in SC2, creeps is going to bring in all different kinds of strategy which includes the Nydus Worm. Creep is going to be the backbone of the Zergs as they are meant to be. Everyone is saying the Warp-in mechanic for the Protoss is what is selling the Protoss. I believe the creep is even more of a selling point for the Zergs.

Last edited: May 4, 2009
  8. rifT_Theory

rifT_Theory New Member

Singapore
    Zerg!!!

For The Swarm!!!

9. Gforce

Gforce New Member

The terrans are still my favorite face, they remind of me of my southern heritage, even though my parents are nothern. For the protoss and zerg, i like them but blizzard has changed them a bit too much and they lost their wow factor for me. And for the zerg, well im a 40k fan first and for-most, most of you know where this is headed.

10. Salem1

Salem1 Guest

The Protoss. Although I'd like to see them kick some serious Zerg ass this time around in the story, I wouldn't like Protoss being turned into an Elvenesque race that are clinging onto dear life on a high horse and blabla, not at all. They may be in hard times, but they're Protoss! they shouldn't be about trying to cling onto their existance and such. They should be recovering and sharpening their pens for the next go after Brood War, and now it's showtime. I really hope that Protoss won't just get kicked around in SC2, but neither should they dominate all the time. I miss the times when that mission greeter would say ''The Protoss have arrived and eradicated all life upon Mar Sara'' or whatever similar badass actions that were done with in-theory good intentions from a mysterious race.

Next up would be Zerg. Not because I particularily like them, but because they're fun to use in imagination. You swarm stuff with hordes of expendable slave-creatures, infest and get up everyone's ass just because. Although I don't feel an ''attachment'' to them the same way I do the Protoss. I don't like seeing Protoss units die (even though they mostly just teleport away when near death), but seeing Zerg units die is fairly enjoyable because they're completely expendable.

I'm neutral to Terrans. They're the archetypical grey-moral cake-race which the Zerg are chewing into, which makes me fairly indifferent to them, but I still wouldn't like Zerg to obliterate them since they're needed as the cake-race. It's not that I dislike them, I think they're quite cool actually, but I don't feel anything particular for them.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 7, 2009
  11. Renaughn

Renaughn New Member

Protoss!

They look so cool and shiny!

*drools..... shiny

12. O'Neil

O'Neil New Member

Austrlia
    i think the thor is just the Goliath all over again i loved the Goliath and that much better then serge tank so why complain?

13. O'Neil

O'Neil New Member

Austrlia
    protoss are a strong race but cost to much if they run out of gas a mineral they are boned

14. sniper64

sniper64 New Member

Upper Michigan, US
    Why the need to double post? 3 f ing minutes away. Also, would that be a good thing *boned*

Darth_Bane likes this.
  15. Bthammer45

Bthammer45 New Member

Acully in all respects the vikeing is just with the trasformation added the thor is simply a new unit that is able to attack air and ground but serves a much different purpose.

16. 89th_shock_troop

89th_shock_troop New Member

canada
    definetly the terran they have explosions and intimedating robots

17. Gardian_Defender

Gardian_Defender New Member

Oregon_USA
    even tho the Zerg are getting Pwned in the rigged BR's i still like them the most. there so much better their SC1 predesesar. and plus they can finaly burrow and run around. yay! plus they seem to be able (in thery) to be able to out produce the enemy races with just a few queens and maybe a second base but a second base seems like its only good for extra money to max everything. (mostly because the queens will be spawning all of the larvae not the hatcherys anymore.)

18. Korith

Korith New Member

Hemet, Californira
    Protoss for sure!
    The new DT's look sick!

19. freedom23

freedom23 New Member

What sickness are they suffering from?? =)

The protoss will give the conclusion for the trilogy and most likely they are to bring an end or further chaos to this saga. Still, I enjoy playing zerg the most. With their monstrosity and creepiness, nothing is as unique and disgustingly good as zerg is.

20. en_taro_me

en_taro_me New Member

Even the protoss have my favourite heroes (tassadar,zeratul),WE are human so....TERRANS!!!! :yes: