1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Protoss, try it :D

Discussion in 'StarCraft 2 Strategy Discussion' started by Rewaq, Jan 1, 2011.

Protoss, try it :D

Discussion in 'StarCraft 2 Strategy Discussion' started by Rewaq, Jan 1, 2011.

1. Rewaq

Rewaq New Member

Russia, Saint-Petersburg
    Just found good way to play PvZ.
    10\18 forge
    14\18 cannon
    15\18 nexus, gate
    then build some more cannons
    18\26 2 gaz
    21\36 cc
    then some stalkers.
    Build 2 starports, usually zergs goin to muta, start buildin phoenixes (about 8th min).
    Upgrade +1 attack on earth and air unites, build dark shrine.
    then warp mixed zealots and dts.
    So on 14-15th min u have good mixed army.
    95% of zergs can;t do anything with it ( ofc if ur micro good enough ^^)

P.s. for me it's usually np to defend, if zerg goes to roach push or baneling+zerglings. The most important thing in this strategy is to build up correctly and to control ur respawn and rocks.
    p.p.s this strategy works not on a bronze players, diamond and platinum zergs were shocked "D.

may be i'm not 1st who played this way correctly, but
    what do u think 'bout this strategy?

Last edited: Jan 1, 2011
  2. Lewan

Lewan New Member

My Micro sucks, so I really more on my air force to take the win , I upgrade weapons+armor and speed for void rays while turtleing 3-4base. But this sounds like a good strategy I'll try it :)

3. Rewaq

Rewaq New Member

Russia, Saint-Petersburg
    well, if it;s not rly experienced zerg, u don;t need even micro.
    air forces r pretty good vs zerg too ^^ but i always try to invent some new strategies, not to play the one

4. Galaxy.ein

Galaxy.ein New Member

It sounds strong, but I think Zerg that spreads creep well and masses hydra/roach will beat it if they micro and defend well.
    I don't think it's a top tier strategy, but it sounds good enough for most diamond level play. I might give it a try and form a more developed opinion. It sounds like an idea that has potential. The phoenix/dt could provide a lot of early-mid game map control if gotten fast enough. Thanks for sharing.

5. Rewaq

Rewaq New Member

Russia, Saint-Petersburg
    U can destroy crip with an obs ;D
    or add few sentries

6. olmaster

olmaster New Member

Netherlands
    I'm using this BO, but start with 2gate fast exp. Build your CC after 2nd nexus and def , make sure lots are on it's way to harrass natural and find out what your opp is doing.
    Ending up with 6 or 7 zealots , 3 stalker 3 or 4 dt , warpprism, and some VR's, save chronoboost for Stargates. And keep pushing....GG

7. cHowziLLa

cHowziLLa New Member

Montreal
    good build, unfortunately it only works against zerg like you said.

However if you get baneling busted... you may have some problems... even if he doesn't send lings in... he's gonna force you to build units when you should be macroing thus delaying you. Thats the problem that protoss have with this cannon expand build. Roach Hydra with overseer is all he needs really against your composition.

thats why the real build goes into stargate to phoenix to snipe everything you can, build robo for colossi and gateway units. Phoenix forcing Zerg to go hydras, followed by roaches thus getting countered by colossi.

8. Supernova

Supernova New Member

Wisconsin
    Unless of course the zerg realizes that he only needs a couple hydras max to defend this crap (maybe less if he spores properly and keeps ovies near spores) while throwing down an infestation pit :). When toss hit me with fast 2 base air, I personally love it because it often means colossi are coming. Also, if I see excess air, I get a couple more spores and ovie speed while I drone because if you see a lot of air fast that means 2x starport. ONLY in this instance will I get hydra, because I know that colossi are very delayed due to 2x starport.

If I only see a couple phoenix and a void or 2, I'll skip the hydras and spore up. Then I tech to infestors w/ NP and roach instead of roach/hydra. This of course requires good infestor micro once the engagement happens. If I take out the colossi, I just reinforce with roach hydra (assuming I didnt lose infestors) because there is usually the air left for the protoss.

In my experience, the protoss can only build so many air units if he intends to have colossi out as a followup in any near future. If he builds more air, its just giving your NP more time to be complete.

9. cHowziLLa

cHowziLLa New Member

Montreal
    I make a void ray followed by 3 phoenix so i can take out the spores before they pop, so i can cause more damage. Wouldn't be too great to have infestors at this point.

What usually counters this, is getting 2-3 queens, with good micro you can hold off the air attack. Then you can get a spire, and pump a lot of mutas to take air dominance which is protoss' nightmare. Hopefully he doesn't go 2 stargate like you said.