1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question about Kerrigan.. Heart of the Swarm

Discussion in 'StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm' started by RaynorRaider500, Aug 4, 2010.

Question about Kerrigan.. Heart of the Swarm

1. i have a question... a continuity question

in the end of wings of liberty.. Kerrigan gets deinfested and turns back to human, and Raynor is seen carrying her

however we will be playing as infested kerrigan in Heart of the Swarm the first expansion for Starcraft 2... how is that possible since she was deinfested...

Blizzard has already said that the 2 expansions stories do not interlap with Raynor's campaign... but take place directly after Raynor's story...//so HOTS does not take place during raynor's story, but directly after.. and LOTV takes place directly after HOTS

Do you think she gets infested again or something...??

idk just questing a continutiy problem

2. Creep

Creep New Member

UK
    I hope she doesn't get infested again.

At a guess, I think it's possible she can still control the Zerg on a less powerful level but she has regained her human self. I thik HotS will revolve around her assembling the Zerg and developing her de-infested powers, in preparation for the Hybrids.

3. Mako

Mako New Member

You assume she gets reinfested.

4. Kaaraa

Kaaraa Space Junkie

United States
    First thing's first: use the [ spoiler ] [ /spoiler ] tags if your post contains plot spoilers. It's been just over a week, but I'm sure there are still people who either haven't bought the game yet or are taking their time with the campaign to get all of the achievements.

Didn't Blizzard state the exact opposite? I was under the impression that all three campaigns at leas partially overlapped with each other...

Anyway, I consider the moment Tychus was about to shoot Kerrigan to be where the timelines diverge. If he had killed her, the plot would lead to the same result as the last Prophecy mission. Since Kerrigan hasn't died, who controls the Zerg is still up in the air. It's possible Kerrigan could be re-infested, or they could be under The Fallen One's control for the majority of the campaign, either through his Hybrids or a new Overmind.

5. az.

az. New Member

Why are people assuming that she lost either :

-all her power
    -the majority of her power

when she got deinfested?I mean i used to assume the later part,but now i see it otherwise.I think she always had the power even as a human to control the zerg,its just that the overmind "unlocked "that power by infesting her.

Now with that power unlocked if you will she can control the zerg in any given state(infested or not).

6. THERE ARE SPOILERS HERE!!!!!

She was only partly deinfested her hair the same.Humans do not have Spiked bugs legs for hair. LOL

If you saw the Overmind Vision you can see that the Zerg get all eaten absorbed in the end after they kill the Protoss. The Artifact Absorbed Protoss and Zerg Energy Killing them. They only Guessed that it would turn her back. If You save Haven till the end mission The Doctor she tells you the got no Idea Realy What it would do to Kerrigan.
    But Kerrigan survived with some Zerg form in tact so My guess is that Because of her human Psi power she lived. It was also stated in the campaign that Zerg Cells do a survival of the fittest to grow more powerful instead of age.

There pulling a Artos litch king were in WC3 he loses all his power and has to get it back.

Kerrigan might be good now hard to tell but her human form temporary as Blizzard already said she will increase her psi powers and there by increase the size of her army threw Mutation.

Heart of the swarm Has been also called at the convention The Return of Kerrigan and Kerrigan's Return . It also not Kerrigan that save the Universe it's the Queen of blades that the OverMind Created out of Kerrigan . So no she not being Uninfected she just had all the power sucked out of her. It was revealed that Kerrigan transformation was messed up that she was not supposed to go evil. But it was revealed by the Doctor that the Specters were not Crazy but some time some human when they get there Psi powers boosted to high can go crazy and that there was just as much risk in creating a Ghost.

The Queen of Blades had had to much PSI power handed to her to fast with out being prepared and just Like a Spector went In to shock and went CRAZY!
    Now she still has a Zerg DNA just a more human form as the Zerg Energy got sucked out. It did Not Restore her Pure human DNA ( that is gone and Altered) It was never made to do that just hopeful thinking. It's a Harvester.
    It just killed most of her Zerg cells and force her into a More Human form when it sucked her dry.

In the Overmind Vision that's what happens to all the Zerg in the End,The Hybrids Cannibalize there Energy and Kill them all. The OverMind Knew this and it Created The Queen Blades to Stop it. Could be that She partly immuned to the Artifact as the effect looks the same and she was created to stop the Hybrids and Fallen from doing just that and free the Zerg.

Save Mission Haven to the Very End and keep talking to the Doctor Henson . You see that no one got clue what the Artifact dose other than it eats Zerg and Protoss.

It was not created to restore a Human just Harvest Energy of Zerg And Protoss.

So She Looks more Human and might be sane but she still a Zerg with Zerg DNA. Just got her Energy Zerg Life Force Drained.
    http://starcraft.wikia.com/wiki/StarCra ... _the_Swarm

her personal power through mutations..... That sounds Infested to me dudes. LOL

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 7, 2010
  7. Ominous

Ominous New Member

Awesomalaysia
    Kerrigan's case will be similar to Sylvanas from Warcraft I think.

After Kerrigan's de-infestation, she "begin efforts to create a new zerg empire", where this "new zerg empire" is a force of good, allying themselves with the Terrans. Similarly to how Sylvanas created a faction of undead after being freed from the Lich King's control and later allying themselves with the Horde.

Then there'll be missions where you fight zerg who oppose this force. And stuff.

Of course, this is just my two cents. :)

8. I agree with the Sylvanas analogy Ominous, But Like I said She still infested still Zerg.
    The
    Was Posted by Blizzard. Not a rumor. In Heart of the Swarm the Queen of Blades Blades Mutates/Evolves and there for she still a Zerg. Kerrigan's de-infestation NOT a 100%.Maybe like 99 %. As you can see from the Hair. And Zerg Cells regenerate Adapt and continue to mutate.
    Her Mutation Was set back a ways is all.

I personally think she Hot With Hard Armer Plated Spiked Skin But then again I am sick. :D
    But to use your own Sylvanas analogy Imagine if some one raised Sylvanas to real Life(not like it's hard in Wow it what 20 Level Paladin spell.Heck it was one of her powers to take over a living host.) Now Imagine Her Ruling the Undead.. Yer right as a Living creature she run like H#ll and more importantly she just anther Elf with a Bow if she was alive. So keep the Banshee Queen undead and Keep the Queen of Blades Zerg!
    Besides Doctor Henson should wind up with Raynor. There cute!

But Kerrigan she got to be Hot Single and Tragic doomed Immortal Queen B*tch.
    Her being Zerg Is Like Darth Vader and Black Power Armer.
    Or Sylvanas being Undead.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 7, 2010
  9. Gasmaskguy

Gasmaskguy New Member

Sweden
    People assume that everything Blizzard says is true. They could have said that Heart of the Swarm was about Kerrigan getting stronger through mutation etc. to mislead people about the ending of WoL.

10. Good Point and very true. But still I Some how can not see Blizzard getting rid of the most famous and sexy xenomorph to just make a Human Ghost with a Bad Hair do. Again to use Sylvanas analogy it would be like if Sylvanas became a Living Elf. That would be to much of a FINAL End. If see what I Mean. I would not be to surprised if Blizzards Got a MMORPG Planned for Starcraft 3 (and with these sale they are) and to do that the Zerg got to become None Zombies,Evolve Minds(For the P.C. Class). So if they plan to do that the got to start the plot set up now.(three Games before)
    My guessing is (and it's only a guessing)
    The Queen Of Blades is supposed to Free the Zerg from there Mindless Slave state to the Hybrids Master.
    Guessing that some were in HOTS they will begin the Swarm redemption like they Did with the Orcs in WOW.
    That She will make the already Infected Humans a Breed Like her self and or make all Zerg sentient.
    To give them the ability to feel or perceive and be individuals.
    I mean if she going the be this Great Hope Saviour Hero she can not Very well Leave all these Humans Mindless Ugly Monsters.But why she might not be able to cure them she should be able to Evolve them in to a more Expectable physical and mental state Like her self.

So the Swarm will be able to be a Expectable P.C. Race. Getting the Wow horde treatment.

If Blizzard decides not to go in the MMORPG direction it would still give a lot more story Options if they created more Zerg like Kerrigan. And the News casters Joked about a Human Terran Alliance(Could be WOW Alliance Hint Pun?)

Heck this all Guessing.
    But if she's truly Human Blizzard would be damaging one of the Original Ingredients of the Original Game and I am just not seeing that.
    Bottom Line Kerrigan the queen of Blades is a cash Cow and Kerrigan the human Ghost is not,They got a Nova Already.
    And Blizzard is not a stupid greedy corporation, No there Smart greedy corporation and the Cash Cow will not Die or become Human but Evolve in to a Hero even if Justice demands she die and Jim Eugene Raynor gets the Girl. Sorry Jim She's a Zerg. But on the bright side shes still Hot!

P.S.
    Lot People complain about Blizzard reusing Plot threads and storys but look at there point of view why mess with what works and pays the rent?

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 10, 2010
  11. Muaddib

Muaddib New Member

This entire disinfastation and kerrigan redemption story is ridicules and just doesn't make sense at all.

The hole starcraft franchise is built around her doomed life. Kerrigan is not another mindless infested terran zombie, she is strong enough to retain a personality, and with the death of the overmind her own free will.

In the Brood War Kerrigan plays it good if you remmber and then whoops everybody's *** not because she's a mindless infested terra or becuse she evil, but because that is who she has become with her tormented life and it doesn't matter if she looses her zerg DNA or not.

The sweet girl from the first SC campaign is long gone and that is the beauty of the Queen of Blades.

12. Said beautifully Muaddib Could not agree more.

13. EonMaster

EonMaster Eeveelution Master

Black City, Unova
    I was hoping Kerri would be de-infested. I liked her in BW, but I think her having her human personality back could make HotS have a more interesting story in terms of character development.

And who knows, maybe she will become reinfested, or her zerg personality could resurface and take control again. I think the second option would be interesting because it would center around her two personalities fighting for control, but that would be hard to do if they stay with the non-linear campaign style, which they've said they will.

14. evighetensmorke

evighetensmorke New Member

If you go to the official Blizzcon 2011 site, there is a background picture of a female ghost with insectoid dread like hair and glowing yellow eyes...... wonder who it could be!?

http://us.blizzard.com/blizzcon/en/