1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question Thread For Joneagle_X To Respond To..

Discussion in 'BlizzCon 2008' started by TychusFindlay, Oct 12, 2008.

Question Thread For Joneagle_X To Respond To..

Discussion in 'BlizzCon 2008' started by TychusFindlay, Oct 12, 2008.

1. MeisterX

MeisterX Hyperion

New Port Richey, FL
    Yes, the current build speeds are set at "fast," not "fastest." We actually discussed this at length at BlizzCon because we don't think what we're seeing now is going to be the game speed we will see on Battle.net. We expect people to begin playing on fastest.

I'm not sure how the speeds line up between SCBW and SC2 as it is now but I think it is slightly slower in SC2. So I expect it to be faster once everyone gets their hands on it. :D

2. Lombar

Lombar New Member

Buenos Aires
    Woot for you XD
    Everytime I read something about Sc2 I get in bw and start practicing my melee skills D:
    I envy you so much jhon, I so want to play that game.
    By some vids I've seen, it seems to play veeery smoothly, which is awesome.

So, What about the inmortals? have you tried em?
    I havent seen a single mention about them, plus Im too confused about the current build, I mean, they change it so much.

3. zeratul11

zeratul11 New Member

but you are aware about it when they showed and talked about in on blizzcon 2007, right? where there was a colosus walking in the dark with headlights on it destroying turrets etc in the dark. that was very cool.

anyway i wonder where it will be use then? only on UMS. i thought the new folsam map would have a dark/night setting and the visible placing will be made from doodads and units lighting props.

4. LanceLeader

LanceLeader New Member

Canada
    Is there any news or evidence of a new Norad-Class battle-blah? Will it use a special model of its own?

5. Jethronos

Jethronos Guest

Unit Upgrades

When you upgrade a units armor or shield does it cause any graphics change to the unit?

6. Darktemplar_L

Darktemplar_L New Member

Bay Area
    In Starcraft 1 units could jump through buildings. I mean, the Zergling hop trick with the one burrowed and the other on top. They basically glitch through something. Like a probe's warp building, it moves the probe. Do units still go on top of each other and automatically try to get off? Can units even still stack, and therefore "hop" things?

Are all the units currently in the Protoss arsenal definitely staying for sure?
    Are all the units currently in the Zerg arsenal definitely staying for sure?
    Are all the units currently in the Terran arsenal definitely staying for sure?

What is the status on the Thor? The Viking?
    How stronger are Reapers now than the last time you played as them?
    Is the Hellion any good against Zerglings or any other weak massable units?
    What abilities do the NightHawk have?

Does this make the Nydus Worm a unit or a building?
    Is the Queen overpowered? Underpowered? Unfair due to unlimited Queens?
    Is the Infestor any good of a unit anymore, and true to its name?

Are the Protoss casters still as powerful as in SC?

Do you have any confirmed info of new heroes that will definitely be in the game and have an actual in-game unit besides the obvious (Raynor, Kerrigan) ?
    Did Blizzard talk about Night/Day sequence?
    How far are we from seeing a beta in your opinion?
    Was the trilogy a good decision?

Thank you for taking your time and reading my questions, I'm sorry if some of my questions have been repeated, I skimmed through all the posts, not reading detaildedly.

7. zeratul11

zeratul11 New Member

i heard that there will be a day cycle as well as weather effects in the single player campaign. nice.

8. AcE_01

AcE_01 Active Member

Australia
    lol! that was the best part of sc1. I remember when i used to play UMS games. And there were these games called _____ bounds. And you go through obstacles and use your team mate to burrow and unburrow so u can hop over a wall...lol ahh the days.

cbb quoting..
    about your reaper question:

i believe the reaper got stronger. Both hp (i think) and damage wise. Even their C4 bombs got stronger.

9. Lombar

Lombar New Member

Buenos Aires
    Darktemplar_L... you should really read jhoneagle's review of blizzcon and check out the media page, that wil answer half of your questions... It's like you'r asking the exact same stuff jhon wrote over there.
    Regarding the Are all the units currently in the **** arsenal definitely staying for sure? The answer of course is no, this build was barely an alpha, so they'r still changing/balancing everything.
    If the game Wings of Liberty releases on late 09, the beta would probably be on early-mid 09.
    Dont ask questions there's no chance for jhon to know D: I mean, he's not a developer after all.

10. MeisterX

MeisterX Hyperion

New Port Richey, FL

I like the Immortals. They just haven't changed for the most part. Just slight tweaks. I wouldn't recommend getting them against Zerg until late game when they have Ultralisks, Guardians, and Lurkers.

Yeah, of course. There just wasn't any mention in any of the panels I attended and there's been no word from Blizzard since that time either.

No mention of any special models or anything from single player other than tidbits from lore and the UI we were shown at the gameplay panel.

Yes, and I expect there will be more instances where it does this. For now it's mostly things like the Marine which gains a shield when you upgrade it, but there are other differences as well. For instance the Zergling gets wings when you complete it's first upgrade.

Units don't stack like they did in SC1. While I'm sure there are some glitches like that only time will discover them. The AI pathing is so improved that it's even difficult to stack workers. I know that Blizzard is implementing features like this on purpose in some places but they've talked about the "difficulty" of doing it because they actually have to "break" the code in order to make it commit the error that allows you to do it.

How am I supposed to know? Blizzard could decide to redo the entire Terran race tomorrow. As far as I can tell what we're seeing now is generally what we're going to be seeing in beta and then release. There will be changes, some major and some minor, but I think we're starting to see the basic framework of the final game.

I can't really explain the improvement because their stats were pretty much the same. I think the D-8 charges are definitely stronger and I think the build time was lessened a bit. But they're definitely just--more fun. I don't know how to explain their improvement other than that.

Please try to read some of the other answers as I've answered this before. It has Spider Mines, Defense Turrets, and Targeting Drones. The Targeting Drones are like scouts that pinpoint enemy units in the area and increase the damage they take from other Terran units.

The Nydus Worm is a building.

Please check the Media Page to see all the lore characters introduced.

I was hoping for the announcement at BlizzCon but after the Trilogy announcement I would expect something around January.

I'm not 100% decided but I'm pretty sure in the long run it will benefit StarCraft if not necessarily the gamer's pocket book. I think it will allow Blizzard to make the title more profitable without charging monthly and will increase the content and length of focus we get out of the game.

I haven't heard or seen any confirmation on this. Please do not trust large media sources like IGN. They don't usually know WTF they're talking about. It's often people who have never seen the game before and/or followed it.

11. Lombar

Lombar New Member

Buenos Aires
    lol.. jhon's never gonna let this much time passes again XD
    I cant believe you actually answered darktemplar's questions.. hehe, good job i guess.
    Ign has some nice screens tho :p.

For some reaason I got the impression mutalisk are kinda useless in this build. Am I wrong?

So.. my last question is, Can you give me your beta key? :O

12. MeisterX

MeisterX Hyperion

New Port Richey, FL
    Yeah, they're pretty useless against Terran which is like WTF. They're not as useful as they were in SC1. For a while I thought being able to stack them would be useful but seeing as how the Thor rapes them spread out you can imagine how bad it is when they're clumped.

Also, I don't have any yet. Cept for my card. ;)

13. ItzaHexGor

ItzaHexGor Active Member

Sydney, Australia
    If it hasn't already been asked, what was your favourite part of the game? Not just 'the best' part, but your personal favourite part.

14. MeisterX

MeisterX Hyperion

New Port Richey, FL
    Hmm... I dunno man...

I think I had the most fun with the Reapers. It was hilarious to watch the n00bs walk right into those D-8s when they thought they had my Reapers cornered. LOL

15. Heavyarms2050

Heavyarms2050 New Member

Do you think that the marauder are over shadowing the marines? After watch some clips of various matches, it seem that its more advantageous to build marauder over marine

16. MeisterX

MeisterX Hyperion

New Port Richey, FL
    Well, except for the huge cost of Marauders compared to Marines. 150/100 is not cheap.

17. Heavyarms2050

Heavyarms2050 New Member

Does healing with the medivac take energy?

18. MeisterX

MeisterX Hyperion

New Port Richey, FL
    Of course. Guys, please don't ask questions that are obvious and/or were answered before.

19. Darktemplar_L

Darktemplar_L New Member

Bay Area
    Jon, you sounded angry when you answered my questions... You know, you didn't have to answer the ones already answered. Just answer the ones that weren't answered.

A few more:
    How much damage do carrier interceptors do and are they still effective against units?
    What was the most used unit besides the workers and the first units (i.e. Zerglings,marines, zealots) for each race?

20. AcE_01

AcE_01 Active Member

Australia
    This is wut i think bruda.

Zerg:
    -Roach
    -Banelings
    -Mutalisks
    -Hydras
    -Lurkers

Terran:
    -Jackal