1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SC2 sculptures

Discussion in 'The Arts' started by Nottak, Aug 29, 2010.

SC2 sculptures

Discussion in 'The Arts' started by Nottak, Aug 29, 2010.

1. Nottak

Nottak New Member

Hello guys im an artist/gamer, and i would like to share with you some of the sc2 sculptures i have made a few ive sold let me know what you think and if you would like to order a custom sculpture of your own you can email me at cnotbusch@gmail.com thanks!

Here is the first of the ongoing series of sculptures the hydralisk. he was kinda the icebreaker for sculpting since i was away from it for awhile he sold very quickly.[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Nottak

Nottak New Member

Roach

this is the second sculpture that i made before the game came out as i was doing beta. i took alot more time on this one and refined alot more than i did the first one.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. Fenix

Fenix Moderator

Wow... Just... Wow.

What material do you work with?

4. Nottak

Nottak New Member

SC2 sculptures Continued....

i guess you can only have 8 images per thread... so i hope this works.
    #3 in the series since ive been selling them i tried to time myself on this one and see how well i could make it in the allotted time
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. Nottak

Nottak New Member

Zeratul

#4 and is the current one ive finished baneling will be next or zelot havent decided anyways he is still up for grabs on ebay. all others posted have been sold off already. anyways let me know what yall think of my work thanks alot
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    now for some reason i cant get the images to flip right side up so if you want to see them that way check them out on photobucket http://s881.photobucket.com/albums/ac11/cnotbusch/

6. Nottak

Nottak New Member

Baneling

Hey guys here is another one of my sculptures i cranked this one out right after zeratul Btw all of my sculptures are sold besides this one so check it out on ebay im posting him after so ill shoot the link up later let me know what ya think and check out my other post for all my other works. http://starcraftarena.net/forum/index.php?topic=4672.0 is the link to the other forum post. also email me at cnotbusch@gmail.com if you would like to custom order anything.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. Nottak

Nottak New Member

sclupey firm. its like a plastic clay almost. and i paint with acrylics and brush

eBay was being silly and wont let me post tonight but ill get him on there first thing in the morning and give y'all a link in case anyone is interested in purchasing my work

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 29, 2010
  8. Fenix

Fenix Moderator

I merged the threads btw, one place es bueno. Out of curiosity, what's the error that you got that seemed to limit the amount per thread?

9. Nottak

Nottak New Member

have no idea. thanks a lot btw i was wondering how that happened. it was saying that i could only post 8 images probably because ima new account

10. AcE_01

AcE_01 Active Member

Australia
    i really like your sculptures they look great!!

though i would like my zergling to have a tail with just a bit more meat. Not saying your zergling is bad or anything :)

11. Nottak

Nottak New Member

duely noted thanks for the tip. however the shots i gave don't really show you the tail all to well heres a better one
    [​IMG]

hey guys here is the ebay link just posted him http://cgi.ebay.com/Baneling-Starcr...54603168?pt=Art_Sculpture&hash=item2a09e49aa0 thanks!!

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 29, 2010
  12. kuvasz

kuvasz Corrections Officer

Hungary
    Oh you're not getting away with just the material - I want specifics like how much time you spend on these and where you get your inspiration from (the baneling one is particularly off from what's in-game but I seem to remember seeing a similar non-Blizzard piece of fanart). As well as other details you think are worth mentioning.

The Zeratul one really left me in awe. Good luck with the purchases.

13. jhibby

jhibby New Member

Zaratol FTW Dat is one sweet protos sculpture! This looks like alot of fun! Great hobby. I reely like the colors, there spot on. It would be cool to see a mutalisk or a ghost.

14. Nottak

Nottak New Member

sorry for being brief before. i spend on average about 10hours on one from start to finish planing to finishing paint touch ups. it veries tho on somthing that i know all the techniques to accomplish like most zerg units it takes me shorter time. but zeratul took a lot of time due to the fact that i had to experiment alot to get the look i wanted. mostly the armor took the longest to figure out. clay is so organic it doesn't like to hold the shape of something that is suppose to look mechanical or geometric at all. my inspiration is from me being a SC2 player as much as i am an artist. at first when i got the idea to sculpt some of blizzards 2d work into something 3d i had an idea of putting together a portfolio to perhaps get a job with them. but after further researching how blizzard hires its employees i found that they really like traditional art however i need to have the computer aspect down as well. so i will probably finish school and master a computer program to see if i can get in then. so i was then stuck with the Hydralisk as a desk ornament. that is when i decided to see if people would like to buy my artwork i already was selling pro painted warhammer40k sets to try and make a dime with my talent. well the hydralisk sold very quick and i was off to make more so more people could enjoy what i had to offer. another inspiration is ive always been a monster person, drawing sculpting painting always monsters and creepy things thats how i fell in love with the zerg . as far as references for the sculptures themselves i refer to a lot of online concepts and i have the collectors edition art book from blizzards sc2 collectors edition i combine alot of the information together then draw up a couple angles of the finished sculpt so i can visualize it better when i actually go to sculpt it. take more than one view to get all the information so i have to make alot of it up. well thats how i have come to be so far. let me know if you have any other questions thanks!

15. Nottak

Nottak New Member

Hydralisk 2

;D Hey guys i got some more goodies for yall. ive been getting custom orders up the wazzo since i posted here (good idea!) the first i recieved was for another hydralisk. i was hoping somone would ask for one cuz my first hydralisk i was still rusty when i did it so i hope this one is better let me know what you think:) if the buyer doesnt want to buy it i will have the ebay link for you guys thanks alot i love you all
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Daemonicus likes this.
  16. Daemonicus

Daemonicus New Member

Melbourne, Australia
    O... M... G...

I am not worthy!!!!

17. kuvasz

Hungary
    By the way, any chance we could see a ghost or zealot? Or a queen? Or an immortal? Anything! :D

18. AcE_01

AcE_01 Active Member

Australia
    i wanna see a changeling bro

19. kuvasz

Hungary
    It's in #4.

20. Heidegger

Heidegger New Member

Vienna
    I am extremely impressed! You must be very talented.

Is there any chance, you are going to model a terran unit, e.g. the ghost? And what price class is your work selling in (just the range)?