1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Seradins Blizzcon 2009 Starcraft II Review

Discussion in 'Blizzcon 2009' started by Seradin, Aug 25, 2009.

Seradins Blizzcon 2009 Starcraft II Review

Discussion in 'Blizzcon 2009' started by Seradin, Aug 25, 2009.

1. i2new@aol.com

i2new@aol.com New Member

lol ok. my brother was sitting behind me and he and was worried. i asked why and he said i dont wanna play a game if the race it selfs is unable to play to the fullest because another is its counter EVERY single time. i hope they continue with there balancing

2. MeisterX

MeisterX Hyperion

New Port Richey, FL
    By "rock, paper, scissors" Seradin means that one race is always going to have a tougher time with one of the other two races. This doesn't mean it's impossible to win it just means you have fewer hard counters and becomes more of a challenge.

SC1 is the same way:

Zerg > Protoss > Terran > Zerg

3. Seradin

Seradin New Member

Aiur
    Yeah i didnt mean that was impossible, i did manage to fight off Zerg as toss but it is just a little bit harder. Terran ive also lost with being protoss when my opponent was out maneuvering, im sure if i had more time with the game it would be much easier for me to adapt to all the new tactics.

4. AcE_01

AcE_01 Active Member

Australia
    nice work seradin!!! since u messed around with the mothership, tell us how useful its abilities were.

5. Seradin

Seradin New Member

Aiur
    I found the mothership to be quite slow and only really useful for base defenses being as it can teleport between bases, its first ability is passive and allows it to cloak ALL unts and base buildings in a area beneath it constantly, this is very useful when getting attacked and if you kill there observers, your golden :p. The other is the ability to teleport between bases and this can be quite useful for protecting expansions or if you have a very large base moving from one end to the other depending on where they are attacking from, you could even build a pylon out side there base and use it to jump to there base with your force instead of waiting, quite useful. The third ability allows you to swallow up a group of land, and air units including your own by the way so watch out, but it could be used to hold up an attack until you have the efficient force to kill it with.

All in all, its worth it in the end but don't try to wait for it to move slowly to attack with the rest of your force, chances are you'll be dead by then :p

Hope this information found you well!!

-Seradin

6. Higgs Boson

Higgs Boson New Member

Would be worth changing it to allow teleportign into a plyon field as well so you can tp the mothership in together with a warp-in.

7. Aurora

Aurora The Defiant

The Netherlands
    I would recommend using a Phase Prism if it requires Pylon field stuff, but that's just me.

8. A milli

A milli New Member

Virginia
    nice job. Were the medivacs as effective as medics from bw. and what is a good counter for stalkers

9. Higgs Boson

Higgs Boson New Member

depends what race, marauders, immortals, speedlings are doing well against stalkers.

10. Seradin

Seradin New Member

Aiur
    Medivacs were pretty useful the hard part is teching to them before there use becomes void.

But if you can beat that hardship your good to go :p

Stalkers can be countered easily with Speedlings diffidently ^^ and for terran its actually a very good idea to have many marines because the focus fire on the stalkers isnt that great, but usually i have some zealots backing them up so its all good here :p

11. AcE_01

AcE_01 Active Member

Australia
    i just watched a 2v2 match....and may i just say....Speedlings are sooo dam blooooody faasttt!!

12. Seradin

Seradin New Member

Aiur
    Yeah especially if you have buckets of creep in your base spread by Creep tumers from the queen and nydus canals popping in everywhere dropping off loads of them.

My friend liked his speedlings..