1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Should I cancel WoW when SC2 is out?

Discussion in 'Blizzard Forum' started by Jshep89, Jan 26, 2010.

Should I cancel WoW when SC2 is out?

Discussion in 'Blizzard Forum' started by Jshep89, Jan 26, 2010.

1. Jshep89

Jshep89 New Member

I've been thinking about this recently, and I'm starting to like the idea. I mean WoW is fun and all but I only started playing it because starcraft got old. When starcraft 2 is released I might not be so interested in it anymore. Plus starcraft 2 eats up less time then WoW and doesn't have a raid schedule.

2. Fenix

Fenix Moderator

I don't follow your logic. They're not even the same genre. It's like quitting golf cause you took up swimming.

I mean, it's your own thing, but I couldn't possibly devote my game time to just one game.

3. Jshep89

Jshep89 New Member

I only have time for one game atm. Plus Starcraft 2 doesn't cost 13.95 a month, and like I said. It doesnt require a raid schedule in order for me to enjoy it.

4. ijffdrie

ijffdrie Lord of Spam

you're projecting your personal situation on a little over ten million people?

5. Kaaraa

Kaaraa Space Junkie

United States
    You're a little unclear on the subject there, pal. When I read the thread title I thought you were suggesting that Blizzard would cease support for WoW when SC2 came out (can you say 'massive shitstorm?').

In any case, I can see why you'd want to quit a MMO because of time constraints, but I agree with Fenix - if I only had time to play one game, I wouldn't be playing that one game indefinitely, I'd switch back and forth as I saw fit.

6. cautionmike_190

cautionmike_190 New Member

Philippines
    WOW is an RPG and Starcraft is an RTS, the point is they are very different game

7. Gasmaskguy

Gasmaskguy New Member

Sweden
    For me it's about having one or two great games per genre/sub-genre: SC2 will be my RTS, Half Life 2 series is my FPS, Team Fortress 2 is my online FPS, Diablo 2 is my RPG, etc.
    Just playing one genre can get tedious and mentally painful...

The release of SC2 will as such render Warcraft 3 and Starcraft (etc) obsolete to me, but not a game of a different genre.

8. VodkaChill

VodkaChill New Member

Montreal, Quebec, Canada
    I agree that at launch, I'll stop playing SC1 most probably. I hope it is going to be better than SC, because I tought I would stop playing Starcraft once War3 was out. For me, War3 did not keep it's prime position long vs SC.

9. Jshep89

Jshep89 New Member

I usually stick to one multiplayer game in particular for a while, or I'll play one game till I've had my fill of the content. I've seen pretty much everything WoW has to offer and the new expansion pack doesn't peak my interest in the game any further. SC2 on the other hand has a new multiplayer element added to it through its map editor and its new match making system.

Also I'm not saying everyone should. I'm simply asking if anyone else is having the same idea to maybe stop playing WoW in favor of the new battle.net and sc2.

10. Aurora

Aurora The Defiant

The Netherlands
    Wait, you're suggesting that you've done everything you can possibly do in WoW? I think you're underestimating the amount of content. Or are you just bored. :p

11. the8thark

the8thark New Member

I understand the OP totally. I too only am playing WoW because D2 got boring after I beat Baal for the 100th time and SC was finally put back on the shelf after many years of good gaming. So WoW I now liek quite a lot but it's jsut a tiem filler while waiting for SC2.

So will I quit WoW when SC2 comes out? Probably not forever but I would guess and say maybe 6-12 months at least yes.

12. Jshep89

Jshep89 New Member

I haven't done every bit of the content but I've gotten the just of it and my fill. It lost its flavor when I hit 80 and found out that raids was just another type of grinding.

13. HuxleyStronghead

HuxleyStronghead New Member

I think that I will play primary WoW. And secondary SC2. Now, WoW I want to play because of the fantastic gameplay I like so much. And SC2 I want to play because of the graphics and the story. So, I'm also looking forward to WoW - Cataclysm. I just love the Worgen. ^.^

True, the word "canceling" is a bit confusing. I indeed thought the same.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2010
  14. asdf

asdf New Member

they're both in the genre of "very addictive games."

15. Driver RJ 117

Driver RJ 117 New Member

Canada
    I don't see why this would be an issue. Warcraft was and never will be up to par with starcraft. SC is the better of their 3 main games. (Diablos a piece of ****).

16. Jshep89

Jshep89 New Member

Thats not very fair. Diablo has won plenty of awards and has fanbase all the same.