1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Spam Land

Discussion in 'Space Junk' started by ijffdrie, Apr 5, 2008.

?

What's the maximum number of votes?

1. Max

72 vote(s)
    72.0%
  2. Min

28 vote(s)
    28.0%

Spam Land

Discussion in 'Space Junk' started by ijffdrie, Apr 5, 2008.

1. Meee

Meee New Member

Poland
    Partly. It did delete threads that were over thirty days old, yes, but ONLY in Space Junk.
    It's personal opinion but I think that topic inactive for one month is not deleting material yet, all the moreso if some of them were still used even if not posted in.

GM_k was working hard to make sure SJ, however free-spirited the board was, was clean and well maintained, keeping order and making sure that whichever rules apply there were followed. He was right to be angry after great part of all his work just vanished without a word of notice. He wanted to leave because this action made him think that his work was pointless, even if it seems like an overreaction for us, he's a different person and might have taken it worse than most the rest would've.

How does showing care for his work and board he's supposed to watch over make him a bad mod? So what it was on internet? We're not talking about bunch of assholes insulting him because of internet's annymousity, we're talking about work that he put in maintaing the board that felt wasted to him, it's just as real as anything he'd do outside.

2. Ursawarrior

Ursawarrior New Member

somewhere....not sure
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 6, 2008
  3. Light

Light Guest

You are wrong about that function, Itza. None of us knew it even existed, but then suddenly it goes haywire and deletes almost all Space Junk, like a slap in the face there. If we knew it did, we would have seen much more bumping and the useless threads would have died out. Now that's a real shame that happened.
    I seriously don't know where I said that I dislike the forum layout/whatever. All I said was that I am waiting and hoping for the best, trying to get used to the new functions etc. even tho I expressed my dislike for vB even before the move. As for my complaints to Space Junk, Meee already helpfully explained my point of view better than I could (Thanks Meee :)) and as I said earlier, things have changed since yesterday and there is no need for more comments.
    Btw, my sig was meant as a joke -.-

4. Ursawarrior

Ursawarrior New Member

somewhere....not sure
    :p and curse you vb boards for minimum character limit!

5. Light

Light Guest

Well, you guys got what you wanted...I'm no longer mod :(

6. Hunter

Hunter New Member

Hungary,Székesfehérvár
    WTF?? Why, you asked for that? Why is it good for you?

7. Light

Light Guest

No, I didnt ask for it. Maybe the admin didnt read this thread, but I dont know.

8. Ursawarrior

Ursawarrior New Member

somewhere....not sure
    it says forum junkie as a member title, yes, hes not a mod anymore

9. Meee

Meee New Member

Poland
    It said so since the move, but now he's been removed from the section mods' list.

With imagine gone who will be the new mod? I don't think there's anyone better for the job than GM_k...

10. Ursawarrior

Ursawarrior New Member

somewhere....not sure
    ahem........

11. Hunter

Hunter New Member

Hungary,Székesfehérvár
    Yes.. I don't really know what is happening up here. Some want to leave, than GM_k is not a mod anymore.. what will come next? We are having hard times my friends.. :)

12. Meee

Meee New Member

Poland
    Not really, truly only GM_k wanted to leave (and tweak did but for unrelated reasons), but why he lost his position I don't get

13. Light

Light Guest

Well, sadly, it now seems all purpose for me to stay has gone. Even tho I dont think the allegations of me undermining the new forum plans (as I repetadly said I will carry on tru the update) are just, I can't do anything about it. Oh well.

14. Meee

Meee New Member

Poland
    You're doing it again.

Oh well, I guess people are not reason for staying here...

15. MarineCorp

MarineCorp New Member

England, United Kingdom
    there is no chat........

*gets his gun*

16. Hunter

Hunter New Member

Hungary,Székesfehérvár
    Just what I wanted to say.. we would miss you pal..

17. Light

Light Guest

Im doing it again? XD

Well, this has been very depressing. Maybe I'll check the updates, news etc. but thats all. Very sad how everything went.

18. Hunter

Hunter New Member

Hungary,Székesfehérvár
    If that is the case... I am sad about this. Seeing that you are over 1000 useful posts, and more than half a year of activity, it would be bad to end right now.

19. Space Pirate Rojo

Space Pirate Rojo New Member

Canada, eh?
    It's text...

On the internet...

20. ItzaHexGor

ItzaHexGor Active Member

Sydney, Australia
    Which threads were still used but not posted in? If it was still used on a regular basis, people would generally post. If people aren't posting in it, it shows that no-one's really paying attention to it any more so why should it matter if it's deleted?
    I never said he wasn't a hard worker. However part of keeping it clean would be getting rid of useless threads, but when all unused threads were deleted he went on as though he'd failed everyone and annoyed he was, etc, etc.
    I know he had the right to be angry, and that he's a different person, but coming to the conclusion that he should leave is a completely irrational reaction. Not to mention that that was all before anyone knew what had happened with them. Besides, I'd be willing to say that out of all those deleted threads, a very small minority, if any, would have had any great deal of effort put into them. Spam Land and a lot of the other major threads would have, but most of that 70% would have mainly been spam. After all, that's what Space Junk was for.
    When have I ever said 'he is a bad mod because he shows care for his work and boards'? I've said his attitude it what's killing it for him. He's been sulking about Space Junk and whining about vB. Not only is that not showing care for his work and boards, but it's not being a good member in general.
    Again, when did I say anything about a bunch of assholes, etc, etc? He still had Space Junk to look over and maintain. I don't recall saying that this is insignificant or anything because it's on the internet, but carrying on and reacting in such a way is pretty much unacceptable, no matter whether it's online or outside.
    And how was I wrong about that? I never said everyone knew it existed, I just said it deleted the unused topics in Space Junk. From what I remember it had been set up, but wasn't working and some recent changes triggered it leading it to delete everything at once. If there were such important threads that got deleted, why weren't the being bumped or posted in anyway?
    Anyway, you've seriously gotten too focused on numbers. So what if Space Junk has a lot less threads now? It would have been easier to manage. So what if Spam Land has to start again? No-one went back over all the previous posts anyway.
    Whining about vB is whining about the forum/forum layout. If you moved from Chatswood to Roseville, and I came over and started talking about how crap, dumb and depressing Roseville is and how much better Chatswood was, what would you think? 'Cause this is exactly what you're doing to sc2forums and the mods.
    Regarding your recent behaviour, you wouldn't know it to look at it.
    Why? Why does not being a mod mean that there's no purpose for you to stay? You talk about how having the unused threads deleted is like a slap in the face for you, well you saying stuff like this is a slap in the face for me and other non-mods. You're saying if you're not a mod, you're not worth anything and have no reason to be here.
    How about instead of leaving, like you always seem to want to do after something doesn't go your way, you actually and genuinely see it through. Stop whining, pull your socks up and get a hold of yourself. It's all the whining and complaining that's blown it for you. You want to be a mod, I know you want to be a mod, everyone wants you to be a mod, so why don't you prove that you're worthy of being a mod instead of sulking, moping and feeling sorry for yourself?
    Unless others want to continue this, I'm happy to stop it here. I've made my points and said what had to be said. The ball's in GM_k's court now. If he wants to redeem himself, I'm sure he'd be able to, but not with the attitude he's got now.