1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Spam Land

Discussion in 'Space Junk' started by ijffdrie, Apr 5, 2008.

?

What's the maximum number of votes?

1. Max

72 vote(s)
    72.0%
  2. Min

28 vote(s)
    28.0%

Spam Land

Discussion in 'Space Junk' started by ijffdrie, Apr 5, 2008.

1. Ursawarrior

Ursawarrior New Member

somewhere....not sure

Last edited: Oct 19, 2008
  2. Meee

Meee New Member

Poland
    tskk, with all the commotion I forgot to vote this weekend, my bad :(

Though it's not as bad as it seems

3. kuvasz

kuvasz Corrections Officer

Hungary
    No Meee, care is fine. I care about everything related to this site. The members, and even non-living things (much like how GM about text) like my pets and money, yes. The difference is that I accept this site and how it changes over time instead of throwing a rant about how I want(ed) it to change.

GM was not only showing a bad example but he was also being rude by not giving a rat's arse about how hard the admins work on this in their free time. And what do they work for? They don't get any money for their time (in fact sc2 is paying a lot of money to maintain the forums) and they're doing this for the pleasure of some 2000 people from all over the world who they don't even know. Put yourself in the admin's position and see how GM's reaction would affect you.

About his demotion. I feel it was a good choice at this time. The moderators set the standards of a site, they reflect the accepted behaviour, and by these criteria GM is not suitable to be a mod in his current state.

4. ItzaHexGor

ItzaHexGor Active Member

Sydney, Australia
    /signed.
    One of the things that bugs me the most is that he doesn't want to rectify any of this. He either wants everything to be going to plan or to not be a part of it at all. After something happened to Space Junk, he wanted to leave. After the forums have changed and he got demoted, he left. To me that demonstrates a lack of commitment.

5. ijffdrie

ijffdrie Lord of Spam

great, some nasty buggers in spam land

THIS IS A FUN AND IRRITATING PLACE PEOPLE, MAKE A THREAD CALLED NAG LAND, OR SERIOUS LAND!

6. Light

Light Guest

I seriously dont know what I did wrong. I already said and explained that the issues with space junk have been resolved and that I support the change. Its not me who is doing this mad witchhunt. Seriously, you havent read any of my earlier posts, stop accusing me of some unexisting sins I done. Lack of commitement? I stayed here even trough all these changes, but you kept throwing shit at me, so why even try to do anything if nothing can be done. There is no current state, its over and too late.

7. ijffdrie

ijffdrie Lord of Spam

bye gimmie

8. Ursawarrior

Ursawarrior New Member

somewhere....not sure
    i sense a flaming battle is about to emerge between GM_k and the horde that is lead by ijffdrie

ill be here at the side watching and eating popcorn, just call if you need assistance

9. ijffdrie

ijffdrie Lord of Spam

you know as well as i do that i never lead

10. ItzaHexGor

ItzaHexGor Active Member

Sydney, Australia
    Unexisting sins? What unexisting sins? You just kept on whining about everything. You can't deny that.
    Staying here through changes doesn't really demonstrate commitment. Saying you're going to leave after something happens to Space Junk and after having moderator status taken away from you, that shows the lack of commitment.
    Kept throwing shit at you? I only started voicing my opinion after you continued to moan about the loss of the old forum layout, vB and the deletion of Spam Land. I wasn't 'throwing shit at you' before then in the slightest.
    Nothing can be done? Who ever said that nothing can be done? I've continuously said that you just need to pull yourself together and stop feeling sorry for yourself. That is what can be done. You haven't even tried yet.
    It's not over and it's not too late. This is the lack of commitment I was talking about. If something like this happened to me, I'd be so fired up to do whatever it takes to redeem myself. You can do the same, but not with this current attitude.
    I don't actually want you to leave, no-one wants you to leave, and as I have said several times before, just pull yourself together and regain your composure. Take some time off if you have to and return once the forum's changes are completed. Again, leaving is not the only option. It's the lazy way out and demonstrates an immense lack of commitment. You've said yourself that you don't lack commitment so prove it. Climbing your way back to the top, that requires commitment.

11. Ursawarrior

Ursawarrior New Member

somewhere....not sure
    will someone make a "official flaming thread" or something

ill go AFK for 5 min.

12. kuvasz

Hungary
    You need to look up the meaning of that word, man. This is in no way flaming, this is actually trying to help. Reading comprehension is your friend.

A separate thread would be a good idea, although I don't think there's much to say about this anymore. What had to be said has been said.

13. Light

Light Guest

You make it sound as if I am the only one who feels upset about the change. And seriously, trying to help and such, its only you two who have pushed it all downhill. Thanks. I repeatedly said that everything has been fixed and all can progress, byt you just had to keep attacking and accusing me about everything. Now, I have absolutely nothing to stay for, not even to chat and such because everything has been made so rotten.

14. Ursawarrior

Ursawarrior New Member

somewhere....not sure
    im just tired of reading all of those walls of text containing meaningful posts/arguments

15. Light

Light Guest

Meaningful my ass

16. kuvasz

Hungary
    Thanks for the vote of confidence, but we're just two regular forum members who posted their opinions on your behaviour. If the admin or whoever demoted you didn't feel the same way, they wouldn't have done it just because of us posting.

For the record, I didn't contact any moderator or reported any of your posts so I didn't even bring their attention to it. It was solely their decision.

17. ItzaHexGor

ItzaHexGor Active Member

Sydney, Australia
    Everyone knows you're not the most upset member who's upset about the change, but you're the most and you were a mod. All the other mods have been helping out, calming people down, etc, etc, etc, etc, but you were complaining and whining.
    Me and kuvasz aren't out to get you. We're just saying stuff like it is. We're not attacking you or accusing you of doing stuff you didn't do, we were both just fed up with your attitude. We weren't the only ones who felt this way either.
    You may have said that everything's OK now and that we can progress, but you haven't shown it yet. You still haven't pulled yourself together, etc, etc, etc, as I've said, as you're still complaining about us. If I were you I'd post saying that I'm sorry all this and and apologise how I've acted. I'd probably make a new thread entitled 'Turning over a new leaf' as well.
    If you actually do shape up and get your act together, why would me and kuvasz keep discussing it?
    'Meaningful your ass'? This is what I'm talking about! You're still moping and complaining!
    As far as I'm concerned, I'm happy to leave it here. If you actually want to redeem yourself, please do, but if you don't, then maybe it's best that you do in fact leave.

EDIT: Just adding that I didn't contact any mods either. It was entirely their own decision so it obviously wasn't only me and kuvasz who felt this way.

18. ijffdrie

ijffdrie Lord of Spam

now for another topic-ijfdrie

can someone help my post my picture.... i tried uploading it, but even after ten minutes it wasnt done yet

19. Light

Light Guest

Ok. I am very very sorry to all of you for these events, it was never my intention for this to happen. I wanted to try to improve things, but it seems I only managed to make it worse. I have paid the price so now all I can say is good luck and goodbye.

- GM_k

20. ijffdrie

ijffdrie Lord of Spam

see ya around gimmie kay