1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

StarCraft 2 Is Now A Trilogy

Discussion in 'BlizzCon 2008' started by TychusFindlay, Oct 10, 2008.

StarCraft 2 Is Now A Trilogy

Discussion in 'BlizzCon 2008' started by TychusFindlay, Oct 10, 2008.

1. sc.rew

sc.rew New Member

Overall I dislike the idea, simply said we have to pay 3 times to get a full SC2, if we only spend money on one game, we won't see the whole storyline. They stated that every game "will be like [an] expansion pack, but we really want them to feel like standalone products", same goes for Crysis: Warhead which costs around 35€, thus full SC2 could be 3x 35€ = 105€.

But seriously, why shouldn't you download the last two games? If they haven't changed anything you will get your key with the first game and play online with that one, the other two games are just there for the campaign? If they put an online registration and stuff on these games the community will dislike that even more, just look at spore.

2. I'll say it again... THE GAMES ARE FULL STAND-ALONE PRODUCTS!!! YOU GET THE ENTIRE STORYLINE.. JUST FROM A DIFFERENT PERSPECTIVE!!

3. Gasmaskguy

Gasmaskguy New Member

Sweden
    You sure Tychus? Where's your source? Because I don't think they're just from different perspectives but continues the story. They won't be released at the same time you know. The Terran campaign/game will be released first.
    Then the Zerg campaign, followed by the Protoss one, will be released.

4. kuvasz

kuvasz Corrections Officer

Hungary
    All 3 games will get to the end of the story of SC2, only the perspective changes. I think I heard it in a radio feed.

5. Why the hell did this get moved? What does this have to do with BlizzCon?

6. Gasmaskguy

Gasmaskguy New Member

Sweden
    @Kuvasz. That's just sad. :(

7. Gasmaskguy, did you bother to read my post?

8. Gasmaskguy

Gasmaskguy New Member

Sweden
    Yes, why?

9. .. because my source is blatantly in front of you and Blizzard's exact words are there in the links.

10. Gasmaskguy

Gasmaskguy New Member

Sweden
    I am sorry for missing that :D I blame that it's 02:20 AM :p

11. sc.rew

sc.rew New Member

So they are going to sell the game 3 times with the same storyline only from a different point of view? And some different campaign-only-units? And some different cinematics? And some different elements that are special in that version of the game (Zerg campaign with RPG elements, Protoss with elements of diplomacy)?
    To see everything of SC2 you still have to get all of the games.

So the Terran campaign will give you the same amount of informations about the development of e.g. Zeratul? I'm sorry, but I highly doubt that. The main storyline (maybe) will be the same but there are also people who are interested in the smaller things of the story and these people clearly have to buy all the games.

12. No problem.. I apologize for my aggression.. I'm getting flamed the * out at GameFAQs for thinking this is a good idea.. I apologize :(

.. SINCERELY!!!

And to the above.. That is PRECISELY why this should be three separate games!

13. Gasmaskguy

Gasmaskguy New Member

Sweden
    No, it was all me. :D Anyways, this IS a good idea. I feel so happy now because option C (I would never have settled with option A) would have taken Blizzard 1 or 2 additional years to finish the game!
    And hopefully, they won't cost just as much as a full game.

(Option A was to cut down a little bit of everything, basically, and option C was to make just one game with three full campaigns.)

Last edited: Oct 10, 2008
  14. No, I really do apologize. You should see me getting chewed out for my opinion :)

But, really, why the hell did this get moved? How is this more deserving of a move than, say, talking about information we got from BlizzCon 2007?

Blizzard Entertainment will release the StarCraft II campaign in three sections of roughly 36 missions each.

Source: SC Legacy

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 10, 2008
  15. LanceLeader

LanceLeader New Member

Canada
    If the only thing separate will be the campaign then its Ok.

As long each title includes the same units and bonus/cut assets in the map editor I will be satisfied. As well as all three sides for skirmish and custom missions.

The individual campaigns better be worth it. The only real difference in content should be the campaign menus and maybe a handful of special SP-only units.

16. Blizzard has said the tentative price for each one is $59.99

17. aem1

aem1 New Member

Cali
    will still be able to play with the other races right for multiplayer? just to make sure?

and the release date is....

18. No, no release date. Yes, all races are included in the multiplayer.

I just had another idea.. How will we learn how to play Protoss and Zerg without the campaign? I guess we'll just have to skirmish :) or maybe you can play as the other races in the Terran campaign like in StarCraft.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 10, 2008
  19. lurkers_lurk

lurkers_lurk New Member

Red Bluff, CA
    here is a little more data about this split in the campaign.

20. sc.rew

sc.rew New Member

ok, it makes sense if you just look at the campaign due to the (slightly) differences, those who are interested in terran will buy terran and so on. But still, if you are a huge protoss fan but want to play on battle.net you have to choice, buying the terran game to play online from the start and wait X months until the protoss campaign is released (in that case you have to buy 2 games) or just wait for the protoss one for both campaign and multiplayer.

wait ... 60$? How much is that in Euro? Something around 44~45? Only that is quite much for a single game but (if you want to buy anything) 135€? lol... I don't know ...