1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Boxer vs. Fruit Dealer (Cool) matches.

Discussion in 'BlizzCon 2010' started by Nerfday96, Oct 23, 2010.

The Boxer vs. Fruit Dealer (Cool) matches.

Discussion in 'BlizzCon 2010' started by Nerfday96, Oct 23, 2010.

1. Nerfday96

Nerfday96 New Member

I was really impressed with the play of both players, they are definately in a league of their own.

Obviously, being that FD just won GSL 1 he is certainly not anticipating any true competition from Boxer who is relatively new to SC2. (or so i thought). Boxer already has the ability to force Cool to change techs and maintain a 4-2 base lead (in the LT game) in order to maintain a competitive edge.)

Boxer also had a seriously legit timing push at FD's nat which almost won him the game relatively early on. I would have to say though just based on the fact that FD was able to 2-0 the greatest BW player of all time with relative ease once the mid-late game approached, probably does legitimize him as the greatest SC2 player in the world, for the time being.

He showed the true effectiveness of carpet bombing terran units with banelings and how to use roaches to tank damage in order to get it done.
    One of the most impressive things i saw was Boxer attempting to sacrifice a Thor by dropping into a HUGE pile of FD's banelings, which FD still managed to micro out of the way of the thor.

Little things like that, huge macro, absolutely astonishing micro, (rumor has fd in the 250-300 apm range for the 2nd LT match at blizzcon) and perfect timing are all it really takes to compete with these guys. (lots of sarcasm folks)

Please put some input on what you thought of these matches. There was some really incredible ****.

For Example:
    (BOXER BLOCKS RAMP MAKES FD CANCEL FE@NAT WHO GOES STRAIGHT TO GOLD MIN EXP IMMEDIATELY OUTSIDE OF BOXERS T MAIN?!?!?!??WHAT?!?!?!?)

2. Hodl pu

Hodl pu New Member

I love both gameplays! I'm a Zerg player, but I couldn't help but cheer for both players. I just wish the 2nd round didn't cut off >_>

[​IMG]

Does anyone know what happened or found a video that finishes?

3. kuvasz

kuvasz Corrections Officer

Hungary
    Seems intentional. To keep the outcome of the clash of the titans a mystery, you know.

I only saw one match in horrendous quality. I enjoyed it as much as the extremely low resolution and bleeding let me.

4. Nerfday96

Nerfday96 New Member

There are a lot of non-hd replays on youtube, but blizzard just posted the entire invitation replay pack on their site the link is here: i havn't gotten home to check it out yet, not sure if it includes the boxer/cool matchups.

Enjoy,

http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/blog/994846#blog