1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Creep

Discussion in 'Zerg' started by Fenix, Jun 6, 2007.

The Creep

Discussion in 'Zerg' started by Fenix, Jun 6, 2007.

1. Artanis186

Artanis186 New Member

Jersey Shore, PA
    I read the first 2 pages of this thread and the last two, and I have seen a couple occurrences where people suggest other players/units creep. Well, all the creep is neutral, it's basically on all Zergs teams, it does not differentiate from any other Zergs creep even if they touch, same goes with how it's produced, Overlords make the same creep as any other creep out there.

2. Gardian_Defender

Gardian_Defender New Member

Oregon_USA
    Your point? You can just make it a spell that will roll up the creep weathers it's yours or your enemys.

3. marcmad

marcmad New Member

I have an other idea. Maybe we could use the impossibilitie of the other player (no zerg) to build on the creep and make a building *creep producer* who will produce creep very fast and lose creep very fast if destroyed too. Using them on ressources nodes so ennemies can't build command center/nexus or to go near of ennemies and make defense fast or simply to block him making building.

This *creep producer* would be morphed fast and making a very large creep(like tank range) very fast. It would have average-low life and would lose creep as fast as it got if destroyed.

4. Gardian_Defender

Oregon_USA
    Um the overlord all ready has that ability. They can spray creep down anywhere they want for free. Of course it's slow but you have an unlimited supply of them.

5. Seriais

Seriais New Member

WhoopS! I didn't really get what "moving" creep was, sorry bout that, so it doesn't take from moving creep. I think the wall of creep should only be able to be built into a wall if it is rolled up into a pile, like a rug is rolled up. Then, when the drones have put enough minerals into it, it forms a creep wall that have minerals slightly showing. And btw, Marcmad, that creep producer, that's pretty much what other buildings do. As for units moving through it, i have a way of how that works. The creep senses vibrations through the ground and the air when units get close enough. It quickly differentaites between the zerg vibs and the enemy vibs, being the protoss and terrin. This wall even blocks air units, from the creep being rolled up before it became a wall. The wall should even produce a decent amount of creep since it is partly a building. THat way you can expand your base more, protect your most presious buildings, and/or have multiple defense walls.

6. Gardian_Defender

Oregon_USA
    Doesn't that sound very over powered? You could use overlords to creep in the enemy and then make a creep wall to seal him in with no way out. Or you could do the same thing to your base(s) and creep your self in an make your self unattackable. This could some in handy but used properly would be way to over powered and would probly be 3rd teir. Or maybe they would make a whole new 4th teir just for it and it would cost a crap load of cash to reasearch for the unit that makes it etc...

I could see it less over powered if it didn't go high enought to block air units. I mean come on your a BC pilot you see a wall and you fly over it. I could see it acting like a sight debuff so they couldn't seige right out side and still shoot you. But why not make this more fair and (balenced) by making your units unable to go through it without taking it down or something. It would be just like a barracks infront of your base.

Also for the reason that it's like using the barracks or now it would be almost the same as using a bunch of supply depots to gaurd your entrance. This I'm afraid would be warded off because it's to close to how the Terran Mechanic works.

7. Seriais

Seriais New Member

Well, i could see not blocking air units, but the creep is a living thing, so its only way of sensing things is by vibrations, becaus, well, it doesn't have eyes, ears, a nose, a way to tase, but it does have itself to feel. So it would feel vibrations and try to keep out intruders, but it wouldn't have to much hp, so its only use is to stop enemies for a small amount of time to let you get ready. If an enemy suprise attacks you, depending on their units, the creep wall will give you a small amount of time to gather troops.

8. Gardian_Defender

Oregon_USA
    That sounds a lot more logical. And it wouldn't be totaly like the Terran mechanic.

I like the idea but it's still quite similar to the terrans, and seeing that their going for diversity in SC2 I think it would be ruled out as too much like the Terrans. But I'm not shooting down this idea.

Last edited: Jul 5, 2009
  9. krazylazy

krazylazy New Member

What if certain zerg units had an ability called 'devour creep'. It could be activated as long as said units are standing on creep, and would give them a temporary speed and attack boost.

10. Bthammer45

Bthammer45 New Member

Zerg already attack fast and run fast on the creep plus this is not a rpg.

I can tell one thing already your a big zerg fan.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2009
  11. ParadoxJuice

ParadoxJuice Guest

Okay, first post, here we go.

Well, I'm a fan of the Zerg, big fan, and I've looked through quite a few suggestions here. Healing, definately yes. But all the other things, forming walls, detecting cloaked enemies, and generally anything that defends the Zergs base is a no.

The Zergs playstyle should revolve around spreading the infestation, so a lot of these suggestions support Zergs turtling in their base. The Zerg are already sped up on the Creep (does this affect attack speed?), and hopefully Blizzard adds in more buffs, like the healing one. If they don't, I understand, Blizzard is the one playtesting the game to keep balance. But what about giving them a bit more attack strength when on the Creep? No, then they could just turtle in their base, with better defense to do so...the Zerg spent four years turtling, according to one of the trailers!

Well, maybe its not that bad. They'd still have to go on the offensive, then they could stay in their base, evolve, and then attack. Still Zergish, but what I really wanna see is the Zerg trying to infest enemy bases, bringing the Creep inside. I can't really think of any advantage that wouldn't also encourage the Zerg to turtle...perhaps if there were specific advantages for 'fresh' creep? Or what if it gets advantages when on enemy buildings? That could work. Making the building useless as long as the creep covers it, but allowing units to attack the creep off and force it to wait another some-amount-of time? Or perhaps 'borrowing' some energy or something along those lines from the building to power fellow Zergs? Or a more dangerous way, stealing some of the rewards the building usually offers (infesting currently training marines, making photon cannons fire at the enemies of the Swarm, allowing you to get gas from Vespene mines, etcetra), though this would have to be balanced.

I'm not entirely sure, but I will be dissapointed if their playstyle is more about defense then offense, or spreading the infestation.

12. Bthammer45

Bthammer45 New Member

I totally agree zerg should be everywhere like a infection poping up all over the place and not just swarming but engulfing everything.

13. BroodOz

BroodOz New Member

Char
    ^ Thats actually a pretty cool idea I think.... the Zerg creep assimilates the bio mass of the corpses of the fallen... then perhaps provide a speed increase in tech development in the evolution chamber or something. Nice idea from a creative standpoint... but probably OP =)

14. Arterial

Arterial New Member

I've read many pages from this thread and at best the ideas are fairly bland.
    Bthammer45 has the right mindset, with the creep being a huge metaphorical tidal wave, engulfing and expanding over everything.

Expanding on that idea, it would be suitable for say:
    an upgrade to expand the range/radius of the overlords creep vomit
    an upgrade allow creep tumors to generate creep faster and drop another creep tumor faster
    and another upgrade to allow zerg units to move even faster on creep, say a 10% boost.

This highly encourages zerg players to expand their creep and go on the offensive. It would also be a concern for protoss/terran players who only wall in, as when they finally bring their massed force out, they will be fighting on the zerg's playing field.

15. Nova1021

Nova1021 New Member

I actually was thinking a lot about Creep the other day for a post on my blog (link below in sig), and I realized that, if creep supposedly can extract sustenance from the ground it is growing on, and also provides sustenance to zerg buildings, then why do the Zerg actually have to mine for minerals? Why doesn't the creep just engulf the mine and gradually leach the minerals out and feed the buildings that way?

Obviously this would have some pretty major effects on Zerg strategy, especially if an infested mine is difficult for other players to reclaim. Maybe the drawback would be overall slower mining than other races? Like some of the other ideas above, this would be a major incentive for the zerg to spread their creep as fast as possible!

16. Azuth247

Azuth247 New Member

Australia
    Zerg - Creep Do's / and Dont's

Firstly the Zerg are a infesting force, they move from planet to planet quickly expanding like a virus consuming everingthing in ther path..

So any defensive Hold the line strategies are futile... they can be easily over powered by Terran / Protoss, how do we utilise the CREEP in the best possible way you ask..?

1. The creep field must be constantly expanding, even if you build in vulnerable locations as this will grant you 2 important benifts. The ability to more your invasion force very quickly to engage nearby enemies or defend your new exstablished base, and greater resource possiblities and faster unit creation (the best way to impliment this is by purely building "Zerg Lair's" and evolution Chambers").

2. Creep fields are only able to be built on by zerg units, therefore if you spam your creep on all the expansion base sites the enemy will be unable to build close to them dramatically slowing there resources down (several overlords can accomplish this in a matter of minutes, accompanied by a few hydralisks and the area is yours)

PREVIOUS POSTS: as for having more affects granted to the zerg by purely being on the creep, there can only be one possible adition to the already effective speed boost and that is the addition of a self spreading effect ( the mention of heals and engulfing effects would vastly imbalance the game and take away from the Aggresive nature of the zerg, "HOLD THE LINE IS FUTILE" dont waste your resources).

Thanks all - My Battle.net name is Erachmich, happy for duels 'anytime";)

17. Seriais

Seriais New Member

18. Prawn108

Prawn108 New Member

don't look up
    I'd love an upgrade to give your queen a 10 mana ability to use on creep tumors that gave them an extra use of creating a creep tumor, or perhaps the upgrade would just give all creep tumors an additional cast of spawn creep tumor, but it would have a 3 minute cooldown from the cast of the first one

19. Gardian_Defender

Oregon_USA
    they could just make the normal creep tunor ability do that, like when cast on a creep tumor it takes half of a normal creep tumor and the creep tumor itself will generate creep farther, or extend both the range of creep and range that you can place creep tumors.

The only think that I don't like about having creep tumors having more range means that you need less to cover an area, (whitch is a very good thing) but that just means that when the toss/terran players push out with an observer they will be able to kill your creep highway faster.

20. Seriais

Seriais New Member

WEll, if the range if farther, depending on how much farther, it might make it harder to find the tumors or make it longer, because of their larger creep range. THey'd have to find the center of the larger creep circle.