1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Creep

Discussion in 'Zerg' started by Fenix, Jun 6, 2007.

The Creep

Discussion in 'Zerg' started by Fenix, Jun 6, 2007.

1. Scarecro

Scarecro New Member

I think that all Zerg units should have the ability to move while burrowed to any play covered with creep.
    It would make sense because the creep would soften the ground enough for the "digging-impared" units to dig around.

2. Stirlitz

Stirlitz Member

Greece
    I don't think that stuff that make sense are good to implement because they just make sense tbh :p

It makes sense for terran to plant a nuke at any place in the map without having vision of it or a ghost there since hell, it's a ballistic misile, but it would break the game... Siege tanks could also have the ability to attack ground anywhere within range, and you wouldn't need vision for it to work, just a sensor tower.
    The protoss mothership can also incinerate whole planets it doesn't make sense for it to be weaker than the carrier as an individual unit :p

3. Seriais

Seriais New Member

Are you saying we can't put logic on SC2? Blizzard does that.

I think it would make more sense to have it as an upgrade; if i recall, the creep is only on the surface of the ground, and it'd have to be a coulpe feet thick atleast for the early game ground units to burrow in it, let alone Ultras.

4. Stirlitz

Stirlitz Member

Greece
    Errm, I've just randomly illustrated 3 points where blizzard does not put logic in...

Just to think that it would make sense for zerg to be able to dig in anywhere and come out anywhere else is quite absurd imo... They have a relative ability called a nydus network, but just moving underground would just completely and utterly destroy the game...

Please try to think of the implications before saying something makes sense and would be good to have...

A game where zerg could move while burrowed and unburrow anywhere, terran would plant a nuke anywhere they like an protoss intervene and incinerate everything in their pass would make sense but it would not make either a fun or a balanced game...

5. Seriais

Seriais New Member

Well i guess the reason behind the nuke, that I can think of, is it would be hard to aim if you haven't scouted that area. If you've scouted it, then i guess you should be able to launch a nuke there. I don't realy get why tanks can't work without sight, but i guess for the mothership, i guess there'd have to be more thab one mothership to incinerate a planet

6. Seriais

Seriais New Member

umm what?

THe creep limits where buildings are built, like pylons do protoss. Like the potoss though, you can put creep in places where it's not near bases by using the overlords.

7. kuvasz

kuvasz Corrections Officer

Hungary
    Creep is fun :) which is why I came up with this idea of mine.

Let's make creep generation only require a spawning pool. Reasons:
    • T and P have all sorts of proxy possibilities (especially considering the unfair prism power-unpower thing), Zerg are pretty unimaginative early game. This would open up new tactics (crawler 'rush', etc.) and allow better tech hiding.
    • The fine line between denying a wall-off and sacrificing an ovie early on should result in some interesting decision-making. This would also be the balancing factor since losing an ovie early on is a signifcant blow to Z. Also note how slow ovies are so this couldn't really get abused.
    Thoughts?

8. hyperion

hyperion New Member

spain
    sounds ok ...
    also, what about if a worker could evolve into a tumor at no price (or low one)? (but only over creep area of course) ... so you can start expanding creep before queen natural hability comes out (and let it at the start for larvae production).

Its not for proxy but more for defensive sight area/fast ways to move/etc

9. Makki

Makki Member

Denmark
    oooh that would be nice.... just imagine the looks on a terrans face when you zergling rush him, while building a creeptumor at his ramp with a drone so he cannot wall-off :D
    -so awesome-

Btw this thread reminded me about this song oO
    [youtube]tLPZmPaHme0[/youtube]

Last edited: Mar 5, 2011
  10. Seriais

Seriais New Member

CReep XD

But why sarafice a worker for a tumor? Isn't that the purpose for have a creep tormour, spreading creep WITHOUT sacraficing a worker? It'd sure be alot easier to just spread creep around withour having to loose alot of drones.

11. WhiteWalls

WhiteWalls New Member

It sucks that creep doesn't go on-hill or off-hill. That should be way better :S

12. Makki

Makki Member

Denmark
    sure i'd love if it did that =.=

and i would LOL if the creep could spread over space aswell... for example on scrap yard where the islands are pretty close - if you built a creeptumor on the island and then the creep would spread all the way to your opponents base

Now that would be cool XD

13. kuvasz

kuvasz Corrections Officer

Hungary
    No competent player would sac a worker for creep and it just seems like a troll idea not belonging in a serious thread.

14. Makki

Makki Member

Denmark
    i would sac my worker if i was zergling rushing so that my opponent couldn't wall off

assuming thats the case

15. Seriais

Seriais New Member

Well, another thing is that 1) it would also make the queen less useful. THat's one of the main reasons for the queen, spreading creep tomours and 2) The overlords can do that, once you get the lair up. You can spawn excess overs and make them lay creep elsewhere, like in the enemy base.

It seems like a bad idea to me.