1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Two Great Uses for the Nuke!

Discussion in 'Terran' started by Raynor, Feb 27, 2011.

Two Great Uses for the Nuke!

Discussion in 'Terran' started by Raynor, Feb 27, 2011.

1. Raynor

Raynor New Member

Hey guys. I am not sure if these are common strategies but I had a great idea for using Ghost nukes that will generally work against Zerg and Terran. Since most players use nukes to take out a few buildings or scare away SCVs at an expo I thought it would be better to try these tips.

Obviously you are going to want to do this later in a game when you have at least 3 bases even earlier if you dare. ;)

One idea is to take out their food supply which I think should work out well against Zerg for two reasons. One is they tend to bunch up their overlords in some odd spot where the player will not likely guess it will get nuked. On top of that isn't the red dot hidden under an air unit if you target directly on one? Then once you supply block them be prepared for them to attack since they will likely not get another shot having to respawn all of those overlords.

Terran players sometimes bunch up their supply depots later in the game. This should work since supply depots have 500 hit points and nukes do 300 plus 200 damage to structures. Even still they will probably not be able to repair the severely damaged ones in time. Make your opponents know that it is not okay to bunch up their food supply! :D

The second idea is using a nuke on siege tanks that are in position obviously not to attack them with the nuke but just to make the player move them. And then right when they become mobile cancel the nuke and rush in your army of marauders or whatever units you have to quickly take them out. This takes some skill I am sure because first of all you want to cloak the ghost and have him target the tanks from an angle they will not scan right away like behind them.

I hate it when terran players turtle up with bunkers and siege tanks so this should be the counter attack against those dam tanks. Hope this sparked your imagination.

2. sniper64

sniper64 New Member

Upper Michigan, US
    Indeed Terran is not OP.