1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Unit Portraits!

Discussion in 'BlizzCon 2008' started by Gasmaskguy, Oct 11, 2008.

Unit Portraits!

Discussion in 'BlizzCon 2008' started by Gasmaskguy, Oct 11, 2008.

1. Banned

Banned New Member

Uhm... As it's been stated before, the Jawbone and whatnot on the DT isn't actually a part of his face. It's the lower jaw of a slain Hydralisk, and he's wearing it, like a Poacher's Trophy Kill or some such ****. I don't see how anyone could get that confused. There is nothing "Zerg like" about wearing the remains of dead Zerg.

2. AcE_01

AcE_01 Active Member

Australia
    i rkn..what wrong with you guys, the bones are not "attached" to the DT itself.

3. JStryka

JStryka New Member

I find the Unit Portraits very refined and complete. It's definitely not in the style of WarCraft III, which is an awesome move.

I would really like to see more units such as the Marine, Battlecruiser, Siege Tank, and Colossi- UP or not.

4. Aurora

Aurora The Defiant

The Netherlands
    It's a bit of a necropost, but I just want to respond to people that thought that the Warp/Void Ray was unmanned and the portrait at the link can't belong to the unit because of that.

The Ray needs living Protoss to operate it, since it needs the channeled enegies of the Khala and the Void to produce the beam it uses to attack stuff with. A machine can't do that, so the it needs a crew. Yes a crew, as in multiple Protoss. There was only one Protoss who had mastered using both energies, and he sacrificed himself to destroy the Overmind. So the portrait should actually have two Protoss on it. Any thoughts on this?

5. ItzaHexGor

ItzaHexGor Active Member

Sydney, Australia
    I'm not sure, but I assume that due to it being a Dark unit and with its recent name change, it only draws its energy from the Void. That, and they already have units that don't need to be manned.

However I looked into that further, and saw that it actually does have a small cockpit, so is manned.

6. Gasmaskguy

Gasmaskguy New Member

Sweden
    The Void Ray lore might have changed with the new model and name, so Itza might be right about it only drawing power from the Void.

7. demohunto

demohunto New Member

Nevada
    Zerg portraits look amazing!

Protoss look badass

Hellion and Marauder look god but Night hawk looks kind of stupid. Such a nice model with a stupid portrait >.<.

8. 10-Neon

10-Neon New Member

Gainesville, FL
    Early on there was a set of leaked Protoss unit voices. The Warp Ray (at the time) had a Protoss voice, not a robotic voice. There was a lot of discussion on how people thought it sounded more Terran than Protoss. The unit was never a robot.

9. Gasmaskguy

Gasmaskguy New Member

Sweden
    I think I missed that Neon. Is the audio still available somewhere?

10. kuvasz

kuvasz Corrections Officer

Hungary
    There was a thread with a link to a compressed file that contained several units' voices, but it seems it was lost in the move, and I no longer have them on my drive. But I clearly remember the void ray having a deep Protoss voice, and also one of its lines that said something like "prismatic core charged" or something. So it is manned.

11. ItzaHexGor

ItzaHexGor Active Member

Sydney, Australia
    Also, it has a cockpit.