1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

wave attack problem

Discussion in 'StarCraft 2 Maps, Replays, Modding' started by DoSrsCa88, Oct 15, 2011.

wave attack problem

1. EatMeReturns

EatMeReturns Happy Mapper Moderator

Albuquerque, New Mexico
    yeah go with Unit - Any Unit Training Progress is Completed.

2. DoSrsCa88

DoSrsCa88 New Member

Good news! I've tested the map again after I changed the trigger and it worked. There is no trigger error anymore.

3. EatMeReturns

Albuquerque, New Mexico
    Just wondering, what is your map? It must have been in progress for like six months now at least.

4. DoSrsCa88

DoSrsCa88 New Member

It is called Survival(Easy) and it is a custom map. No version of it is published yet. It is saved in my test folder for SC2. Yeah I have been working on it for at least six months.

5. DoSrsCa88

DoSrsCa88 New Member

Okay, all the unit groups have been created and units added to them through the triggers. One other thing I wanted to do is create and if then else. Saying something like if units in player 2s unit group get attacked by units from player 1s unit group then make units in player 2s group attack the units in player 1s group that were attacking them.

6. DoSrsCa88

DoSrsCa88 New Member

I mainly want to do this cause so far I have a trigger that says order units in player 2s group to attack targeting units in player 1s unit group. This doesn't work to well cause some of player 2s spawned units just ignore player 1s units that are attacking them and attack something else. I tested it.

7. EatMeReturns

Albuquerque, New Mexico
    instead of attack targeting units, tell them to attack move targeting the location of units. That way, they will attack anything in their path owned by opponents on their way to the desired target.

8. DoSrsCa88

DoSrsCa88 New Member

There is no attack move ability, only attack in the issue order to unit group command. And do you mean by location by the points?

9. EatMeReturns

Albuquerque, New Mexico
    Right, you can make a point at the location of a unit with triggers, so attack targeting that point. There is definitely an attack command that targets a point.

10. DoSrsCa88

DoSrsCa88 New Member

I should make more than one point around my base cause once the spawned units reach the point they will just sit there and do nothing. I want them to move from point to point around my base until either the wave is defeated or player 1 has no more units. Cause what if the spawned units kill player 1s unit along the way to the destined point and player 1 builds more units after the spawned units reach the point for example.

11. EatMeReturns

Albuquerque, New Mexico
    That makes sense. You could also make it so that once the waves kill some sort of main building, they "get vision" of all of player 1's units and so can attack directly to the units.

12. DoSrsCa88

DoSrsCa88 New Member

When your setting the players properties what is the difference between computer and default in the A.I category?

13. EatMeReturns

Albuquerque, New Mexico
    I have no idea. If I had to guess, the default would depend on the type of map.

14. DoSrsCa88

DoSrsCa88 New Member

I tested the map again and I have two problems. One is a trigger error saying that the execution took to long in the trigger that adds the trained units to player 1s unit group. I have no idea what to do for that cause the trigger needs to have covered every building that units are trained out of.

The other problem is the fact that the spawned units are taking way to long to come into my base. They circle around my base when there is no need to. My base is on a raised area of the terrain with two ramps. Basically the spawn regions are adjacent to the ramps, not right next to but close enough.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2011
  15. EatMeReturns

Albuquerque, New Mexico
    have them specifically attack to the ramp first?

The trigger is in some sort of infinite loop, or it can't find a parameter.

16. DoSrsCa88

DoSrsCa88 New Member

Mmm. I do have a while loop in the trigger maybe I should get rid of it and see what happens. I don't think I really need it.

I am going to move one of the points onto one ramp and another onto the opposite ramp first.