1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What is your favorite new Protoss unit?

Discussion in 'Protoss' started by Itsmyship, Jul 3, 2007.

?

1. Phoenix

1.3%
  2. Immortal

20.1%
  3. Stalker

24.2%
  4. Phase Prism

4.7%
  5. Colossus

16.8%
  6. Nullifier

8.1%
  7. Carriers

2.7%
  8. Twilight Archon

8.1%
  9. Warp Ray

3.4%
  10. Mothership

10.7%

Discussion in 'Protoss' started by Itsmyship, Jul 3, 2007.

1. overmind

overmind Active Member

New Zealand
    The tempest wasn't meant to be either, the warp ray was meant to take the capital ship position at that time.

Personally i like the idea of an anti ground tempest, and it seems to fit so well with the new protoss air units.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2009
  2. necromas

necromas New Member

Minneapolis, MN
    I can't say I've fallen in love with any of the new protoss units :(

Starcraft 1 carriers are still my favorite protoss unit!

3. Bass

Bass New Member

The Shwa
    I am definitly voting for the colossus, simply the fact that it can apparently walk over mountains and such will make it the ultimate unit. Imagine six of them randomly coming over the valley that you thought was protecting your little base. Mwuha protoss FTW

4. LanceLeader

LanceLeader New Member

Canada
    Colossus. Nuff said.

5. Salem1

Salem1 Guest

The Protoss units I like the most are Zealots and Archons, and I think it'll stay that way. Archons man, they're just too awesome.

6. Darth_Bane

Darth_Bane Moderator

Seattle, Washington USA
    Stalker is still my favorite of all time. Before that (in SC1) it was the dragoon even though its pathing was horrible its awesome hp and the combination of being able to attack air and ground the same time pwned.

Now the stalker being a little less powerful in HP it makes it up with its incredible versatility of Blink. I mean there is absolutely no reason why you shouldn't love it. It has a cool-down time of fifteen seconds and it lets your units survive a battle much longer.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2009
  7. Renaughn

Renaughn New Member

I was gonna choose the mothership, but since I'm not yet that happy about their current build, I went with the old time favorite-the carrier.

8. Bthammer45

Bthammer45 New Member

I like the concept but I don"t like the frailness of the stalker.

The immortal is my favorite unit as of now.

9. OmegaProject

OmegaProject New Member

Under A Rock
    Ah man, the Disruptor needs some more love <3 ! This unit sounds like an amazing asset to any protoss force. It's fairly inexpensive [as of now] and has more tricks and uses than I can possibly imagine! If there's anything BR3 showed me, it's that the Disruptor is like the cheese on a hamburger. Examples:

-Forming barriers to save units performing a hasty retreat
    -Forming a barrier against retreating enemies to stop or slow them down [incorporate Stalker blinking and the enemy has no escape]
    -Targetting Stalkers or other ranged/soft units to defend against melee range enemies [Throw a forcefield on top of your stalkers and watch the poor lings gallop around, lost and confused and being shot at]
    -Use Phase Shift to knock out important units in battle [Thor, seige tanks, Medivac dropship would be an amazing target, ultra, etc]
    -Hallucinations provide more bait when escaping, exploring or attacking. Since this skill is now attached to a low-tier unit, it should be far more accessible and awesome
    -Can attack air and ground at range and is great against Zerg with it's current damage bonus.
    -ForceField an expansion area to prevent hives/CC/Nexus.
    -ForceField to separate fast units from slow ones [Anxious Terran may send Hellions too fast and cut off from other troops]

And that's just the beginning. Mmmmm, Disruptors....*drools*

10. lvhoang

lvhoang New Member

Seattle, WA, USA
    well yeah you're prolly right. However, Im just wondering how a Disruptor can knock a Tank, because it's highly unlikely to have a higher range. So you have to sacrifice a few others units first, hoping the Tank does not kill your disruptor. Well, if i were a Terran player and saw a big melee with a disruptor inside, i'd one-shot the disruptor LOL ^^

11. Darth_Bane

Darth_Bane Moderator

Seattle, Washington USA
    Its still called the Nullifier guys. Just thought you would like that tad bit. Also the Nullifier is my second favorite unit for the Protoss followed by: Zealots, Void Rays, and Carriers.

12. lurkers_lurk

lurkers_lurk New Member

Red Bluff, CA
    no its called the Disruptor, its been official called that here

13. Darth_Bane

Darth_Bane Moderator

Seattle, Washington USA
    I still like the original name. It just makes more sense and it sound cooler. The Protoss don't disrupt their enemies plans, they nullify them!

14. 1n5an1ty

1n5an1ty Member

Reality
    Then every air unit that has AtG is the ultimate unit -_- .

15. Bennybo100

Bennybo100 New Member

United Kingdom
    If you ever come across a guy giving you hell with thousands of nullifiers, that'll be me. =)

16. Bennybo100

Bennybo100 New Member

United Kingdom
    I am confused, on my screen, when i go onto the forums home page it says that i created this poll. Either im going crazy or something weird has happened because i didn't create it.

17. lurkers_lurk

lurkers_lurk New Member

Red Bluff, CA
    1, please use the edit button. 2, for your confusion what you are most likely seeing is the forum naming the person that last posted in this thread.

3, welcome to the forums.

18. 1n5an1ty

1n5an1ty Member

Reality
    @ benny hmmm i wonder wat would happen 1000 Nullifiers (Distruptors) Vs. 1000 Colossi >=D

and welcome to the forums ^^

19. Leffy

Leffy New Member

My favorite new unit has to be the Stalker.. they just seem like a dream unit. If one is going down you simply blink it back and it can live to fight another day (or maybe get a few more shots off at least :p).

Coming in 2nd are the Disruptors they seem to really add new and interesting gameplay options and I can't wait to see the innovative use of the force fields. I have a feeling these guys will turn many bad looking situations into wins for the protoss players.

20. asdf

asdf New Member

the colossus, while interesting, was pretty cool. then they changed it to the line attack, and it was weak as hell. at that point, i lost interest. it's stronger now, at least...

the mothership is cool. everyone loves huge ships, and this ones the most hugemongonormous one in all of starcraft. but no more black hole or independence-day beam means... meh.

but an immortal lives up to its name by being able to survive up to 14 nuclear missiles. i don't know how you can get more badass than that.