1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What is your favorite new Terran Unit/Building?

Discussion in 'Terran' started by Ych, Jul 17, 2007.

?

What is your favorite new Terran Unit known so far?

1. Reaper

23.0%
  2. Thor

23.0%
  3. Viking

18.6%
  4. Marauder

15.0%
  5. Medivac Dropship

3.5%
  6. Banshee

9.7%
  7. Jackal

1.8%
  8. Nomad

5.3%

What is your favorite new Terran Unit/Building?

Discussion in 'Terran' started by Ych, Jul 17, 2007.

1. Ex-Marine

Ex-Marine New Member

P.A.
    I'm a big fan of the marauder. Most people think it's ugly and doesn't have much use, but a beefed up marine wielding explosive rockets that slow down enemy targets seems pretty awesome to me.

2. SOGEKING

SOGEKING New Member

the marauder is ugly and OP. I hate this unit.
    I said I loved the Thor because of its unique concept, I mean it was buildable outside in the battlefield.
    Now this unit has so changed that it is not a Thor anymore, but a fail.

Now I love the reaper.

3. Ex-Marine

Ex-Marine New Member

P.A.
    Psssh. A marauder could own a reaper.

4. SOGEKING

SOGEKING New Member

he can because he is OP. else the reaper is fast and can jump everywhere. I love this unit.
    the marauder must still be redone. physically and balanced.

5. Ex-Marine

Ex-Marine New Member

P.A.
    I will say the reaper is my second favorite Terran unit, so I'm not bashing it. I don't understand how the marauder is not meeting a lot of peoples standards when it comes to visuals. It is a marine with way more armor (hence the beefier suit).

6. Egocentric

Egocentric New Member

Romania
    I think the Reaper is pretty cool even if their HP is low, they are perfect for early game harrassing.

7. ZelashOculah

ZelashOculah New Member

Over There
    Even though It's not in the poll, why not?

I choose the BattleCruiser, since it's proven to me of it's devastating power in SC1, in mass numbers, I am quite confident that the BattleCruiser is my most Favourite, same with the Marine and the Siege Tank.
    But if I had to choose one one the poll, I would choose the Medivac Dropship. Man it now has healing! how can you top that? of course Thor was my fave before knowing about the dropship, (and hitting this thread) I am quite sure the Medivac Dropship is the best air unit yet, even though it may not have any weapons.

Just a thought.

8. iSchneider

iSchneider Guest

I Agree

9. soulsimon

soulsimon Guest

haha, I'm one of the few who voted for medivac :D.I think they are very very useful when used in a right way, but then again all units are...besides *cough*ravens*cough*

10. MADMERC

MADMERC New Member

Raleigh, NC
    i vote thor because it looks cool and stationary bombardment is awesome, but i agree with the vikings because i love how theyre an air unit but they can land and be ground units. . . supply depots going underground and dont forget the command center self defense!!! WHAT'S NOT TO LOVE ABOUT SC2?!?!?!?

11. My favorite Terran unit would be the Viking. I like the way these guys transform into mechanized and flying form. It reminds me of my favorite Transformer toy. :)

12. TSO

TSO New Member

New York
    I think the Thor is the coolest thing since sliced bread. It is such a beast, and looks absolutely amazing, and now that they made it a little smaller it isn't as bulky as it used to be.

It destroys mutas like nothing and unless it challenges an entire army, it can win you the game

13. snowden0908

snowden0908 New Member

Chicago
    Banshee all the way.

I tend to grow fond of units that are interesting, have maybe a particular strength and a glaring weakness which makes them fun to use because I can wreck havoc when they are at an advantage and I know their weakness so I can prepare for it.

Plus, there is just that great feeling of triumph when you see two or three banshees destroying legions of workers with no repercussions

14. Clone

Clone Guest

Thor

even if they look like transformers

15. arkiferos

arkiferos Guest

Vikings.
    My guess is that they are inspired from the MAcross anime more than the later transformers. Would be great to see a big capital ship transform into a huge thor! that would be ultimate!

16. Richi

Richi New Member

Viking. Here is strategie for terran players:
    Here are strategies Terran in StarCraft 2, which is commonly used by all players.
    MMM represents Medivac, and Marine Marauder. Normally, this is the strategy that is very popular with most players of StarCraft 2, but it is very inexpensive to deploy and use. The plan was put here to be separated into three weight groups, then after the policy groups around the enemy position and then overwhelm the defense of your opponent's strength. Inside evacuations, Marines load with the marauders and control if needed, based on the proposed map. The key point here is important to allow all entities to work together synergistically. To increase the marauders and the Marines are using health and medical evacuations stimulus packages. To make the strategy effective, you must be faster in the micro and macro.

This tactic is designed as a cheap by most players because the first units marauders are strong against the Protoss. By accelerating the marauders before, when it is hard for players in the game to counter. When this policy is followed, many older players gain faster than new players. This is loved by rich people because it takes more time and resources.

For more tips: www.starcraft2forum.org/shokzreview

17. Stirlitz

Stirlitz Member

Greece
  18. imjorman

imjorman New Member

Ohio
    I'm thinking its spam. It doesn't even talk about vikings just a long MMM anda link to the guide at the endlol.

19. Stirlitz

Stirlitz Member

Greece
    I'm not questioning that, lol, ofc it's spam. Thing it that it's incoherent spam... I mean, I remember the other guy that made a really funny post saying something along the lines "lol, the title was meant to misguide you, I just wanna advertise", it was coherent, funny etc :p
    This is just a random arrangement of words of a given set... Kinda weird if you ask me :p

20. imjorman

imjorman New Member

Ohio
    I concur; spammers are getting lazy. Before I quit playing WoW, I had a gold farmer whisper me and say, "look here's the deal: I need you to go put your credit card in online and buy gold so I can steal your info and then make away lots of money to feed my family."

I then said, "Sorry bro."

Then he was like, "Well ok, not feed my family I just wouldn't mind the few extra bucks."

I was surprisingly more inclined to give him my info after his random stroke of honesty lolol.