1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Whats the best play you have ever done in sc2?

Discussion in 'StarCraft 2 Strategy Discussion' started by cHowziLLa, Aug 29, 2011.

Whats the best play you have ever done in sc2?

1. cHowziLLa

cHowziLLa New Member

Montreal
    Like the topic says, post your best play or move that you have ever done, that makes you feel pro :)

can be funny, original, different, pro or w/e

Here is mine:

It was a PvP vs rank 1 masters, I know this guy likes macro games. I decide to DT rush him.
    At 6:20 my 3 DTs reach his ramp.
    He sees the silhouette of my DTs and force fields his ramp so I can't come up.
    I was able to see he had about 3-4 sentries, knowing he can keep me out for a while until he is done teching.
    My Play: morph 2 of my DTs into an archon, walk over force fields and send my DT to wreck havoc

gg. he was impressed.

Last edited: Aug 29, 2011
  2. Makki

Makki Member

Denmark
    heh nice!

I once played a 3v3 or T-T-Z vs Z-Z-Z

all 3 zerg opponents zergling rushed my fellow terrans so the only one left was me...
    but then --- MAGIC HAPPENDS!!!

and i totally pwn them 3v1 gg (now before any of you guys go like "hurrr durrr he ling-rushed so his econ is tha **** bro".. I am aware of that but in my opinion its still atleast a 2v1)

Another one of my games is very recent where i was playing ZvT, and the terran of course wiped my army mid-game as i had 2-3 bases while leaving me behind with 1 banshee in my base with no queens to defend.. at this point i would normally gg since i have no army and i know he's gonna reinforce soon.
    Instead i play on and gets a queen out to kill that bashee of his..
    As i do that, i dont have many drones left of course, but i do have 3 bases.
    The terran player for some reason instead of attacking just leaves me alone for some minuttes while i just macro.
    Let that be the mistake of his 'cause when he attacks later on he loses his entire army to some few units of mine, and i of course counter-attack with no luck against his Siege Tanks. So instead i send my mutas around his turrents and into his main followed by a GG.

3. kuvasz

kuvasz Corrections Officer

Hungary
    That's very creative Chow.

I don't have epic moments. The only close one that comes to mind was when I was 1v1 against my practice partner, PvZ on Searing Crater. He scouts me with a phoenix right after I put down my spire (he likes his colossi so I was metagaming, I admit), when the phoenix left I cancelled the spire and put down a hydra den. He was rather heavy on stargate units when I arrived at his ramp with roach hydra so he left.

4. teraformer

teraformer New Member

kansas city, MO
    re

I was P and I was against a Terran. I quickly built a couple of cannons at my ramp. Good thing he came at me with marines but as soon as they starting taking fire he withdrew. Dont know why he had enough to destroy them. I pumped out 6 Voids and got behind his mineral line and started taking out his workers.

He GG

I thought WTF? I returned to map and he had enough marines to force me to withdraw.

He prob could have won the game. But whatever.

5. BlueIron

BlueIron New Member

Teton county Idaho
    When I built a gate forge wall off at the naturals ramp, after multiple failed attempts on his part at baneling busts I get robo up, get a drop until he gets mutas. After drops become useless I send a group of zealots, stalkers, sentrys, immortals, and an observer, storm his base and he GGs.

6. cHowziLLa

cHowziLLa New Member

Montreal
    nice nice, keep em coming

7. BlueIron

BlueIron New Member

Teton county Idaho
    Ok ignore my other post this one is more epic, so it was a pvp my opponent goes mass void rays, and I mean MASS void rays so I go DT and start dissecting his base, he attacks my base with the rays and soon enough the only thing keeping me alive is a photon cannon array. Meanwhile my DTs are scrambling around the map trying to find his last nexus, I find it just as his rays get to my cannon array, I win by literally a pylon and two cannons.

8. 1n5an1ty

1n5an1ty Member

Reality
    K idk how epic this is goign to sound but this:
    So its like ~18 min into the game.
    As noob tosses go (u know the ones that just save up a massive army to attack all at once without scouting) we both kidna were cept i made quite a few obs for scout and he just made one which i had destroyed with a lucky cannon.
    Basically i get bored and ballsy, sending in my entire army (i had colossi tech he had like 5 more sentries than me who had ONE or two.)
    anyways, i atk-click behind his army. my entire army just PUSHES up against his and doesnt attack for a few seconds until i realize THEY ARENT ATTACK WTHOMG?! so i attack his army, my army gets wiped out i only kill like half his.
    he obviously counter attacks to which i say fffffffffuuuuu-
    thankfully i've put up a small force of a colossi and some zlot/stalkr try to control the xel-naga towers, the force gets wiped oput but ive dmged his force by luring it into bush and getting the first few atacks out.
    he goes itno my base and (im massing colosi now) i basically defend with my ~10 units (8 stalker 2 colossi) which die.
    he gets the nerve to attack up my ramp and my stalkers finish warping in so i get my probes from my natural to surround the ramp as i rape his small army of stalker/immortal. more colossi come out he has like 16 stalkers outside i attack with 8 stalkers 4 colossi my stalkers die i lose no colossi; push i win.

9. cHowziLLa

cHowziLLa New Member

Montreal
    I played a PvZ vs a rank 15 masters.

it is late game, and we both kept pushing each other in our bases, or stalemating after a fight by losing our armies.

we both maxed 200 supply yet again ready for another engagement. I decide to send a warp in the corner of his base. We both attack each other, as my supply goes down I warp in DTs in his base targeting tech key tech buildings: roach warren, infestation pit, ultralisk cavern, hydralisk den.

Our armies gets killed but my opponent is unable to remake his army except for zerglings and mutalisk. I mass archons and turn his army and base into pudding

10. cHowziLLa

cHowziLLa New Member

Montreal
    I played a PvT vs a rank 9 masters in the CSL.

we both have taken our half of the map, we are having difficulty finishing each other off. At this point we are both banking on 4000+ of resources. I build about 12 colossi with gateway units and immortals.

I know my opponent has control of the center Xel naga tower, I decide to reveal my army. As I do so, I build about 12 more warpgates, giving me a total of 21 warpgates.

baiting my terran enemy to over compensate on vikings, as soon as he kills all my colossi which killed pretty much all of his ground forces, I start warping stalkers and zealots non stop.

He did not have enough supply to build ground forces to defend because most of it were vikings. I would purposely leave the vikings alive when I encountered them, so he couldn't build anything more.

11. olmaster

olmaster New Member

Netherlands
    Played a very long game in silver 1vs1.

I didn't scout the whole map yet.
    Ran into proxy gate, cannon forge...but wasn't his main. He was constantly trying to trick me with putting nexus at odd places.
    I went looking at other places, saw him fast expand turtle with cannons and 5 Stargates. I had an air gound army composition and was likely to be pounded by VR mass.

I expanded 3 extra bases to be able to keep up with his VR build , I had 3 SG.
    At some point I ran into his group of VR's (about 25), and I had about 15. He crushed my VR's but in the mean time I crusched his bases with my ground forces.
    He ended up with 1 base (also on an odd place) which at first couldn't locate that quick.

I still had some DT's a few zealots an 1 Collosus and some obs.

I had 39k mins and 20k gas. He was contantly killing my new nexi. So I build 4 nexi at the same place. And I had to find that 1 nexus of him.

Eventually I won the game with 4 nexi and 1 dt, while he wa's trying to kill my 4 nexi.

1 hour and 49 minutes....
    Killer!

12. cHowziLLa

cHowziLLa New Member

Montreal
    ROFLMAO @

spend your money bro, you wouldn't have been in that situation

13. Supernova

Supernova New Member

Wisconsin
    So.. describing does not do it justice, so I decided to SHOW you as requested. :)

This is me in a recent ZvT vs a diamond Terran.

Yes, I know this is common, but I just thought it was funny because T are so predictable!

******** Please excuse the first 15ish sec of the video.. Idk why its a grey screen. It goes away, I promise.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A3IWS-nq0O0

Last edited: Sep 4, 2011
  14. Supernova

Supernova New Member

Wisconsin
    Here's another one for those of you who like multiplayer ones. Here's a 3v3 with an uncommon strat that I like to use for lulz, and for defense at times.

Oh, and these guys were high diamond. Funny how nobody ever knows how to respond.. :)

** Again with the first 15 seconds.. Idk why that happens.. Might need to adapt for it. Greyscreen goes away.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w-0f_hYuehQ

15. cHowziLLa

cHowziLLa New Member

Montreal
    nicely done supernova, next time use your sexy voice to comment cuz I know you have one :)

16. Supernova

Supernova New Member

Wisconsin
    LOL! Commentating would have been easier than fail typing. lol

17. cHowziLLa

cHowziLLa New Member

Montreal
    Played a grandmaster yesterday at my local LAN

PvP we both ended up getting DTs in the late game, he sent a DT at my last mining base at the gold, as he is killing my workers, I warp in 6 DTs surrounding his so he cant move it, giving me time to get my observer and set up a new expansion and extending the game.

In the end I still lost...

18. BlueIron

BlueIron New Member

Teton county Idaho
  19. CADE

CADE New Member

burrowed banelings across the map and watching a terran scramble back to base with mass marines but scared to move lol.

20. ffta707

ffta707 New Member

Considering on ladder I am rank 1 silver, It was a big surprise that I beat a masters league player yesterday. I always knew I was better than silver, but I thought I was diamond or possibly platinum. I usually just practice with my team anyway.

Anyway, the best play I have ever made was not on that game, but I did have a really good play. I scouted his roaches, so I went roach (I actually went roach first). Once I forced him to go roaches, I usually always go roach hydra in any zvz (my infestor micro is not so good). He did commit to muta, but I had my hydra's out already, so I was able to flank the muta and kill ALL of them. I was pretty excited personally. :D I ended up out massing his army + my hydras. I was in disbelief when he gg'd lol.

Anyway, my best play would be one of my baneling carpet bombs on a terran. Killed all of his SCV, leaving him starved.

Also, this is my first post on the forum! How is everybody!