1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Which religion are you?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by TerranGod, Oct 15, 2007.

Which religion are you?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by TerranGod, Oct 15, 2007.

1. Meee

Meee New Member

Poland
    isn't it "you're agnostic" but "you're an agnost" ?
    same with I "I'm agnostic" but "I'm an agnost"

Just guessing, I learned about this word just now

2. josh

josh New Member

In Our House
    Dude, a Christian is someone who believes in Christ, not someone who attends church every sunday. I can go to church regularly every sunday without being a chirstian.

3. Bizarro_Paragon

Bizarro_Paragon New Member

I'm not sure at this point. Some religions use the same word (You're Christian; You're a Christian; You're Muslim, You're a Muslim) while others use two separate words (You're Jewish; You're a Jew).

But I'm pretty sure that, before The Second World War, the proper word was "You're a Jewish." But because the term 'Jew' was adopted, though originally as a slang insult, it's since been incorporated into our language as the common noun for someone who practices the Jewish faith. Also, it's the only religion I can think of that would use the different wording. (You're Mormon; You're a Mormon; You're Hindu; You're a Hindu)

So I'm fairly sure they're both "Agnostic." You're Agnostic; You're an Agnostic.

Haha, Hey, what's that word you used, bro? Twat? Yeah, GO GET THE JELLY, TWAT! Yeah, good word, bro. Twat. Good word.

4. MarineCorp

MarineCorp New Member

England, United Kingdom
    lol bizzaro that word is used in UK m8 (you see)
    you are a bloke(guy) ^_^

5. coalescence

coalescence New Member

Dude, Christianity is a religion. Her being a christian makes her religious. Ergo; the girl is stupid!

6. Meee

Meee New Member

Poland
    wow, there' sure are a lot types of this, I think I'm this one:
    Agnostic theism (also called religious agnosticism)—the view of those who do not claim to know existence of God or gods, but still believe in such an existence. An agnostic theist would say "I don't know, but I think so."
    I generally believe that there IS something after death, what would be the point otherwise?

7. coalescence

coalescence New Member

According to wikipedia you have the following forms of agnosticism:

Strong agnosticism
    Mild agnosticism
    Militant agnosticism
    Apathetic agnosticism
    Model agnosticism
    Agnostic theism
    Agnostic atheism
    Ignosticism

Want to know what they mean?
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Agnosticism

8. Meee

Meee New Member

Poland
    I forgot to mention I took it just from there ;)

Wow, Polish wiki sucks, I wanted to show it to my mom (so she doesn't call me antichrist anymore), but she doesn't know english. The thing is, what polish wiki states as religious agnosticism is Ignosticism according to english and that's far from what I think. Now I'm still antichrist T_T

9. coalescence

coalescence New Member

Change the polish version yourself and THEN read it to your mom :thumbup:

But does she really call you antichrist? :eek:

10. josh

josh New Member

In Our House
    @coalescence

In the first place, Christianity is believing in Christ. It never was a religion. In the time of Jesus, Christians had no religion, they only have a teacher which is Jesus. Through time, people just made different kinds of churches and beliefs based on Christ's teachings and making other kinds of doctrines. This is why Christianity today is bastardized. When it comes to the religion, there are many churches. Those who believe in catholism is considered a catholic, mormonism (am I right?) is mormon, evangelism is evangelist. Like I said, you can attend churches every sunday even if you are not a christian.

Xzibit don't know what being a Christian is and what religion is.

@Bizzaro

It seems that you have only encountered that word. ;D

EDIT: I would like to explain further about what Christianity is but it's already 3am and I'm feeling a bit screwy so I'll have to go to sleep right now.

11. Meee

Meee New Member

Poland
    1. Was thinking of it
    2. Yes, but she doesn't mean it that bad, she's just pissed that I stopped going to church. Overall she's one of the most tolerant people I know

12. Quanta

Quanta New Member

I'm an aethist. There is no such thing as the supernatural. Events may occur which we cannot explain; however, that does not mean there is not a rational explaination. It merely means we poor humans are ignorant of the explainiation. In many cases this is simply due to the fact that not all the information needed to come up with an explaination is known. Or it may be the result of a yet unknown phenominon.

There is no such thing as a miracle, and no such thing as strange coincidences. Everyone who lives long enough will have improbable events happen to them, that's just the law of large numbers.

13. EonMaster

EonMaster Eeveelution Master

Black City, Unova
    I'm Roman Catholic. Try to go to church regularly but sleeping in is just too much fun. Church is pretty boring but is something to do in the morning.

14. coalescence

coalescence New Member

@ Josh
    Christianity is the sum of religions based on 'the fact' that jesus is the true son of god. It has branches like Protestantism, Catholicism and evangelism are just a few among the many branches it contains.
    Same with alot of other religions, like the islam which also have alot of branches (Shi`ism & Sunnism for example.)

If you say Christianity is pure and only 'the teachings of jesus' (which you imply) then I'm curious about this one: Do you consider the muslims to be Christians? Because they also follow the teachings of jesus.

In the Islam Jesus is considered to be one of the most important prophets they had. The stories even don't differ that much from each other.

"And she who guarded her chastity, so We breathed into her of Our Spirit and made her and her son a sign for the nations." - Part of a verse in the Koran.

Never denied that one, but it has really nothing to do with what I sayd and what you are saying.

15. Fenix

Fenix Moderator

I'm proud of y'all. Four and a half pages, and not one beat down.

16. Bizarro_Paragon

Bizarro_Paragon New Member

No such thing as the supernatural, Quanta? Yeah, I'll agree that in the traditional sense of the word, you're probably right. But don't you ever find yourself praying to... something? Putting all your hopes into an invisible entity? Like when you're about to get a test back, don't you ever say "Please, please let this be a good mark." While this may not be a supernatural 'thing' per se, you have to admit it has a supernatural quality to it at the least.

17. Z-BosoN

Z-BosoN New Member

lol yea, when I saw this thread I was like: "o shit, here it comes", and amazingly enough no fist fight yet. What a good audience.

18. Meee

Meee New Member

Poland
    there's magic...I mean God at work here

19. Fenix

Fenix Moderator

A wizard did it
    <.<
    >.>

20. Meee

Meee New Member

Poland