1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Which religion are you?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by TerranGod, Oct 15, 2007.

Which religion are you?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by TerranGod, Oct 15, 2007.

1. Higgs Boson

Higgs Boson New Member

It's funny how few people actually know what a satanist is. Most peoples understanding of it is infantile and wrong. Basically they just turn it into a pejorative.

2. Fenix

Fenix Moderator

I claim to be Christian. I haven't been to church in over two years. Meh.

Higgs, I may be wrong, but don't actual Satanists believe similar things to Christians, but worship the other guy instead?

3. Rebel Head

Rebel Head New Member

Virginia
    You guys must be confusing satanism with luciferism. Satanism is the actual worship of the biblical devil, luciferism is the correct term for the "New Age" Satanism, where you worship yourself or have believeth in yourself. Interestingly enough, ancient judaism derived from luciferism.

4. Higgs Boson

Higgs Boson New Member

I need to refresh before I post. Sigh.
    How can ancient judaism be derived from luciferism when lucifer is a character from the Bible?

5. fcuker

fcuker New Member

Sounds like narcissism to me, lol. everyone has a little bit in them. satanism/cuciferism, I would say is the same since satan and lucifer is the same slime.

Yes, you can't believe in the Devil and not believe in God, vice versa. Who people chose to follow, however, is up to them

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 12, 2010
  6. Fenix

Fenix Moderator

I merged your double post and deleted yours and Higg's exchange.

FYI a double post is when you post twice in a row. Don't do that. There's an edit button at the bottom of ever post you make. Use that.

Y'all play nice now.

7. ijffdrie

ijffdrie Lord of Spam

The difference however is that satanists do not see the biblical devil as the christians do (this is of course as far as I know, I haven't brushed up on satanism lately). Where in christianity god=good and satan=bad, in satanism, god=forced inhibitions, while satan=raw animalistic freedom.

8. fcuker

fcuker New Member

Alright. I am new to this and I have no clue about forum slang words, double post sounded like I posted something twice, but thanks. Another thing, what is a forum troll? How do I fit that description? lol

9. ijffdrie

ijffdrie Lord of Spam

it means intentionally annoying guy, and you don't. Higgs is just easily irritable.

10. Higgs Boson

Higgs Boson New Member

11. Uratashi

Uratashi New Member

I believe the earth is nearly 5 billion years old. Crazy, right? :D I don't know, a 6000 year old earth just doesn't seem right.

Well, the age varies with religion. But it's generally under 10,000 years.

Oh, and P.S.: Atheism is a default position, therefore, it is not a religion. Thought I'd clear that up. :)

Last edited: Aug 15, 2010
  12. ijffdrie

ijffdrie Lord of Spam

Actually, wouldn't agnostism be the default position? Atheism implies that you thought about it.

13. Uratashi

Uratashi New Member

Well, okay, it's a rejection of religion. Still not a religion.

Oh, and I'm glad to see you're making sense... ;)

14. Higgs Boson

Higgs Boson New Member

@ijffdrie: No, atheism is the default position although I understand that people don't necessarily want to label babies as "real" atheists or agnostics which I am fine with (but then again by definition they are atheist in the strick meaning of the word)
    @Uratashi: No, atheism is the rejection of belief in a god(s). Not religion. Depending on your definition of religion even atheists can be religious such as some forms of buddhists.

15. ijffdrie

ijffdrie Lord of Spam

How would atheism be the default state? To be atheist you must believe that there is no god. Simply not believing in anything not that there is a god, not that there isn't is agnostism. That would be a lot more logical as default.

@ura: Outside of space junk and chat(and seraphim) I try to keep logical and spamfree.

16. Higgs Boson

Higgs Boson New Member

@ijffdrie: I can't believe how many times it has been said here and yet you still go ahead and use the misnomer of atheism. Atheist = somebody who doesn't believe in a god. That's not the same as someone who believes that there is no god.

17. Fenix

Fenix Moderator

As I understand it, Theism is religion. Deism is belief in a supreme being. So, adeism is lack of adherence to a a 'god', where as atheism would (to the letter) be lack of adherence to a cognitive religious view. You can be both or pick and choose. In todays parlance, both would fall under atheism.

18. Higgs Boson

Higgs Boson New Member

Bottom line is: You can't believe in a god and be an atheist. But even as an atheist you can have all sorts of wacko beliefs.

19. Rebel Head

Rebel Head New Member

Virginia
    I believe in evolution, but I also adhere to many christian morals and values. Those who don't believe that a god created all things may be just as wrong as those who do believe in a god. We don't know if there is a god or not, but truly the only path to knowing the truth of all things is through investigation not following religion. Religion is good for helping the despaired, but that's about it.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2010
  20. Higgs Boson

Higgs Boson New Member

@Rebel Head: It's not a 50:50 guess.