1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WoW cataclysm, wether real or not here are rumoured details

Discussion in 'Blizzard Forum' started by ijffdrie, Aug 16, 2009.

WoW cataclysm, wether real or not here are rumoured details

Discussion in 'Blizzard Forum' started by ijffdrie, Aug 16, 2009.

1. VeljkoM

VeljkoM New Member

Serbia,KG
    WoW wiki can be edited by all so I try not to use it. Magtheridon had his own death mission so i am kinda disappointed to see him alive again when I killed him.

I played warcraft 2 and it was much more like RTS then Warcraft 3. I wander if WoW was free would there be things like this? Well the main problem with WoW is that its lore was molded so it would be more acceptable for RPG style. Like Forsaken and blood elves would really join horde or Jaina and Thrall would continue the old war when they have finally achieve peace . But if blizzard keeps to its promise and ignores wow lore when they start making the Warcraft 4 all be fine.

2. ijffdrie

ijffdrie Lord of Spam

actually it werent Jaina and Thrall who continued the war, but other horde and alliance factions. Jaina and Thrall are at peace.

A lot of WoW things appear to not make sense untill you read the background lore.

3. VeljkoM

VeljkoM New Member

Serbia,KG
    The background lore was after WoW. This was done so they could get way with things like why are humans and orcs at war, why are blood elves in horde and other which in bigger perspective doesn't make sense.

About Jaina and Thrall I made a mistake. I forgot the reason but it has something to do with novel with burning blade clan. That novel was created so Blizzard could justify their actions (no really author wrote this fact) . But novels by Blizzard aren't 100% true and only thing lore worthy in novels are characters (i found this somewhere in wiki). The point is when you lock Warcaraft lore from Warcraft 1 to WoW you'll see how some things don't match. This probably because the team that made first games left and new nerds wanted to outdone them.

Like brown orcs thing. It is said that Frosttwolf clan never was corrupted and now according to skin they are corrupted (also Ogrim never drank he blood and he is green). Also orcs aren't corrupted today and yet they are still green wile chaos and fel orcs once uncorrupted return to normal color.

4. Space Pirate Rojo

Space Pirate Rojo New Member

Canada, eh?
    Frostwolf Clan was still exposed to Fel magic, thus turning their skin from brown to green.

You did "kill" Magtheridon, but that was the end of the campaign right there, so what Illidan does to the Pit Lord is shadowed out as you move onto the... Undead (Night Elf -> Human -> Undead?) campaign.

So in Burning Crusade, we find out that Magtheridon is being used to make more Fel Orcs.

And what?

"chaos and fel orcs once uncorrupted return to normal color"?

Are you talking about the Mag'har?

5. ijffdrie

ijffdrie Lord of Spam

Chaos and fel orcs are red, not green
    normal orcs are green
    mag'har are brown
    there are also some black orcs

and yes, when you put WoW next to wc1 you get inconsistencies, but that is also the fact between wc3 and wc1. Its called evolution of a genre.

And the fact that the horde and the alliance are still at war has more to do with the conflicts between the orcs and the night elves, the undead and the dwarfs and the undead and human conflicts. There are some side factions warring but no all out war between the horde and the alliance untill WotLK.

6. VeljkoM

VeljkoM New Member

Serbia,KG
    But not that much like WoW next to Warcraft RTS combined.

Night Elves are with same relationship with humans and orcs. And if you say orc killed Cenarious, humans also are allies (or were) with High Elf who were banished so humans are friends of their enemies. And both orc and human were killing N elves in third wars and both joined sides with them.

Forsaken and horde have no actual reason to ally (They aren't even in WoW that much close). Forsaken are dead humans and elves who survived second war and still remember it (or they lost their minds and want to kill)

And how do you explain the colors of orcs? Magtheirdon was killed and is alive in WoW. Also how would dead body make blood? And campaign ended when Illidan declared that he is leader of Out land. There was no reason to spare Pit lord then. Illidan went mad in WoW (i guess lying in snow with your stomach open can do that to someones mind)

7. ijffdrie

ijffdrie Lord of Spam

the war between the NE and the Orcs isnt about Cenarius, but rather about the Orcs cutting wood in Ashenvale and refusing to stop.

And Forsaken and Orcs indeed arent that close. but the forsaken needed allies against the scarlet crusade in their own lands, the scourge from the east, the dwarfs from the southeast and the worgen from the south. The only faction that would ally with them was the horde, who also needed more firepower. The Forsaken are part of the horde only in name. They coordinate attacks together, but thats it.

As said, Magtheridon wasnt killed, its called a retcon and in this case its a minor one.

and what do you mean colors of orcs.

Red is corrupted orc
    green is uncorrupted orc
    brown is descendant of sick orc
    black is ultrademonic orc

But the changes in Cataclysm and WotLK actually make quite a lot of sense if you dont get instantly angry that they added new factions(okay, muradin returning was ridiculous and pointless, but that was just about the only thing).

8. VeljkoM

VeljkoM New Member

Serbia,KG
    Well I aim at Burning crusade more. So far only Muradin dieing is stupid and (just opinion not a fact) a grass Northrend. Cataclysm is just a rumor based on a single pic of vorgen and goblin face (but carine part hurts me because I like Taurens and they are not traitors) .

Forsaken are in thigh squeeze but still orcs are on other side of the world. That was more added to have 4v4 races (well later 5v5).

But looks like I got brown color wrong. Now it makes sense.

9. ijffdrie

ijffdrie Lord of Spam

well, the only areas visited in northrend during WC3 were dragonblight and icecrown, which are both completely frozen in WoW(well, except the dragonshrines)

and yeah, TBC had some dumb points like how what happened to the draenai, and the blood elves splitting up. A lot of those things should have been a lot better explained.

I like Cairne a lot too, he is a nice character and in both WoW and the comics he has way more contact with his people then Sylvanas or Thrall. It's a shame he dies, but sometimes characters need to die for a good story

10. VeljkoM

VeljkoM New Member

Serbia,KG
    Well he was old but not a traitor...

And yes blood elves and draenei bother me... Draenei are like protoss with mouth and no tech (not counting that thing that fly through dimensions).

Also according to Blizzard official lore guy he has many problems keeping intact lore. The biggest problems are novels since they aren't part of Blizzard, quest makers and Draenei spaceship.

11. ijffdrie

ijffdrie Lord of Spam

with night elf mages as a new class/race combi, could it be that the shendra'lar are joining the alliance?

edit: http://www.mmo-champion.com/index.php?topic=95836.0 has some info as well, the new tauren classes come from a new direction in their religion

edit2: also, thrall as new gaurdian of Tirisfal wtf?

edit3: @Veljko http://mapwow.com/ look at northrend, check out all the ice and snow

edit4: an interesting piece of conversation in TB where a new quest leads you:

does it sound to anyone else like they are reffering to fact that they honor the moon, but not the sun? could this be a hint to the paladins and priests?

and apparently the Night elves have such a quest as well,

some more interesting topics:

hidden new map in HoL and Ulduar: http://www.mmo-champion.com/index.php?topic=93561.0 also some very interesting comments about the moon
    class/race combi's:http://www.mmo-champion.com/index.php?topic=93922.0

Also, wow, i never realized how much titan lore was added in the ulduar patch. One of the titan creations actually tried to destroy azeroth and is stopped by the players. Its a shame i never did dungeons, ill need to check out all dungeon info soon

Last edited: Aug 18, 2009
  12. VeljkoM

VeljkoM New Member

Serbia,KG
    But dungeons are half of fun in MMORPG. And considering that squad in WoW has 40 limit promises to be fun.

And I just remember do you know why undead don't have hunters? Cause their pets like their walking bone supply.

And why does Azeroth map keep changing from game to game? Before you were able to get to Quel'thalas before getting to Lordearon. And now Quel'thalas is so far north.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2009
  13. ijffdrie

ijffdrie Lord of Spam

LADIES AND GENTLEMEN

CATACLYSM

is confirmed: http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/cataclysm/

edit: trailer looks awesome. The lost isles look cool with the flesheating plants,and i saw a weird big-nosed thing among the goblins.

Also, archeology is not the new tradeskill, but a new secondary skill like cooking and fishing, which is epic.

The raid bosses that are possible in the video are deathwing, the 4 elemental lords and queen azshara

and a picture of the new gates of orgrimmar, kewl

oh and Desolace finally gets cooler

There are a number of interesting things in the end: guild leveling system? path of the titans? those sound interesting, but i dont know wtf is going on.

and does anyone else find it odd that it are the highborne who invite the worgen into the alliance?

and this line is odd: "and the emergence of unlikely heroes who will rise up to protect their scarred and broken world from utter devastation."
    Would those refer to the worgen and goblins, or something different, like the dark irons becoming heroes

and more info from the panels:
    Gnomeregan is back, Hyjal and Uldum are new zones, wailing caverns will now be a tropical paradise, mulgore will be wrecked, new open world pvp areas like wintergrasp(my guess is ashenvale, silverpine and desolace)

Last edited: Aug 21, 2009
  14. Maelstrom

Maelstrom New Member

Buenos Aires, Argentina
    trailer was epic. What's more, you can go to starting zones with your epic flying mount and brag roflolz1!11

15. ijffdrie

ijffdrie Lord of Spam

Bilgewater Cartel are the goblins you play, btw. Lead by Trade Prince Maldy.

16. the8thark

the8thark New Member

17. Aurora

Aurora The Defiant

The Netherlands
    Just read this topic for the first time, and feel like I should comment on this. Warcraft 3 TFT had a sucky ending. It made no sense, unless there would be another expansion pack. That obviously never happened. "Oh well," players thought, "at least the Dimensional gates are closed now."

Then Blizzard releases TBC with... Outland. The lore raping starts. Then you think: "at least they left Arthas nice, cold and alone up in Northrend." Wrong again. They just left the RTS series' plot to rot away, and force people to play WoW for more lore. I personally find this a lack of discipline of Blizzard, and probably many people with me. WoW should have taken place in other periods of time then the RTS games. The factions and divine beings would all still be there, but there would be no ret-conning. At least not as much as now.

18. JacobBlair1

JacobBlair1 New Member

Chandler, AZ
    i think this was an offical report something on E3 pretty soon their going to make WoW2 and piss off alot of people by cutting of the server but all you WoW nerds would still go and buy it

19. Aurora

Aurora The Defiant

The Netherlands
    I lolled. Cut of the Servers? About 10 million people are paying to play on those servers. It would be commercial cuicide to force people into buying WoW 2. Besides, other major RPG series also didn't discard the original games. Just look at Everquest.

20. the8thark

the8thark New Member

Actually cataclysm is WoW 2 is a way. It's a chance for Blizz to update all the old world graphics and things and there is lore there too to allow the changes. So it's a win-win.