1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WWI 2008 StarCraft 2 Unit Stats!

Discussion in 'WWI 2008' started by MeisterX, Jul 3, 2008.

WWI 2008 StarCraft 2 Unit Stats!

Discussion in 'WWI 2008' started by MeisterX, Jul 3, 2008.

1. BirdofPrey

BirdofPrey New Member

Arizona
    Unfortunatley for me I can't afford to go to Europe over the weekend on a whim.

From what Jon told me you were suppoed to write down the stats and he ended up doing most of that. If h wa exagurating then its no my fault. If I misinterpreted his meaning I'm sorry.

You don't have to be a jackass about it

2. Nikzad

Nikzad New Member

Well if Jon told you that, he was wrong...but I'm not getting into that
    we split it down the middle, I did all of Protoss and half of Terran, and he did the other half and all of Zerg

For your information, I wasn't in Europe over the weekend on a whim, I was already studying abroad there. but that's not the issue. The issue is you being ungrateful despite my and Jon's best efforts to provide you with information that you otherwise might not have had. I'm completely open to criticism, but it needs to be phrased in the right way. I sure as hell don't like being accused of slacking off, nor do take kindly to being accused of it in any way other than to my face. And if I acted like a jackass from your point of view, maybe it's because I felt you were being one in the first place.

This is the second time (that I know of) that you have been unnecessarily critical of the forum administration BoP, is there something else that is on your mind that you want to PM me about? If so I would be glad to listen to your problems/suggestions.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now to the main point of my post:

lurkers_lurk sent me a PM about a few of the unit damage outputs on the excel spreadsheet and I thought I would paste what I wrote back to him here so that if anyone had any questions about damage they might be answered here:

ok well the warp ray does more damage the longer it shoots at one target, so it does 6 damage for 2 seconds, after which its damage gets multiplied by 4 to 24 damage, and after 4 seconds it multiplies its damage times 8, so 48 damage

the carrier's interceptors have two guns on them; each gun does 5 damage and one shot from each gun on an interceptor is considered one attack. so you have 10 damage for every attack by an interceptor, of which there are 8, so if every interceptor attacks once, it's 80 damage

the same thing goes for the reaper. they have two handguns each, which deal 3 damage each. one shot from each gun is considered one attack, so multiply by 2 to get 6 damage per attack. the mine ability does 30 damage

same thing goes for the thor, except it has 4 guns. the 10 damage per gun is for ground targets i think, and the 4 damage is for air targets. in each case, multiply by the 4 guns to figure out how much damage one attack makes

basically, if there is a "x #" beside a unit's attack, that means that one attack consists of two slices, swings, shots, swipes, volleys, etc.

hope this helps

3. Kaaraa

Kaaraa Space Junkie

United States
    ^ Jon said the Carriers did only 10 damage per attack cycle. Does that mean that only one interceptor is deployed per cycle, or do all of the interceptors deploy much slower now?

4. Nikzad

Nikzad New Member

well it is 10 damage per attack cycle, but not per carrier attack cycle, but per interceptor attack cycle

5. kuvasz

kuvasz Corrections Officer

Hungary
    And I remember reading somewhere that the carrier was weak... 10 per inteceptor is like instawin for Protoss.

ps nice sig, Nik

6. BirdofPrey

BirdofPrey New Member

Arizona
    If the fire rate is lower than on the original intercepter that would make it weaker

I belive it also has less overall health and armor

@ Nik
    I didn't mean you were in Europe on a whim. To tell the truth I don't care why you were there, the fact is you were there and many of us were not and yet you find space to complain about it.

As for me being over critical, I was told something and I made a comment based on the information I was given. I am a direct person; I speak my mind. If you can't handle it and would prefer I feed you some bull**** thats to bad.

As far as I am concerned this matter is closed.
    Mistakes were made and people got pissed off at each other but there's nothing we can do about it now so don;t dwell on it

7. Nikzad

Nikzad New Member

I wasn't complaining so much as trying to explain why I didn't have more information for you; I meant that besides the convention itself, I had a pretty crappy time in Paris and it affected my duties as a mod. So please take possible personal issues you may not know about into account before you say such things in future.

thanks kuvasz. something i followed a tutorial to make for the most part to be honest, then i threw in my girl for good measure

8. MeisterX

MeisterX Hyperion

New Port Richey, FL
    It's not a big deal guys. You can find the correct Terran building info on another site. Most everything is there except for those.

I was simply pointing out that some things are missing. Not a big deal. We have lives too, you know, and were running on very little sleep (11 hours in 4 days).

I'm sure if you guys ask specific questions about any of the Protoss or Terran stats, Nikzad would be the best one to ask how to decipher them as I was simply doing my best to interpret his shorthand.

In fact, when I get home I'll scan Nik a copy and he can edit the post accordingly to reflect his own stats.

No worries, Nik, the trip made me hate Paris too. LOL

9. VodkaChill

VodkaChill New Member

Montreal, Quebec, Canada
    '' the trip made me hate Paris too.''

About that, I wanted to know a few things.
    -What is you nationnality?
    -First language?
    -Spoken Language?
    -How did french people treated you over Paris?
    -Why did you hate it?

I have a few guesses, but I want to hear what you have to say about my french cousin's (We (Quebec) are cousin's of France). You can say anything , I don't really care about those cousins anyway XD

10. MeisterX

MeisterX Hyperion

New Port Richey, FL
    I'm an American, from Florida.

English

English, German, a little Spanish

****ty. Some were nice and spoke English but the overall feeling was pretty bad and they made everything inconvenient, really.

Reason stated above. Difficult to get anything done and very inconvenient for anything you needed.

11. Nikzad

Nikzad New Member

I'm from the States

I don't speak French

They lost my luggage and almost everyone was really apathetic as to my situation and didn't really do much to help out

12. VodkaChill

VodkaChill New Member

Montreal, Quebec, Canada
    Jee, I would have loved to be with you guys and give you a hand with those local frenchs : /

Nikzad : Sucks for your luggage :(

13. Nikzad

Nikzad New Member

Thanks. I got it back in the end so it's all good. But losing it doesn't give me very pleasant memories of Paris or Charles De Gualle Airport. :D

14. Space Pirate Rojo

Space Pirate Rojo New Member

Canada, eh?
    Heheh. Du Gualle. Sure doesn't sound like a Starcraft character.

But damn. Beautiful spreadsheet (not visually attractive, but wicked job on gathering the data) thanks to you guys.

15. MeisterX

MeisterX Hyperion

New Port Richey, FL
    Lol Willy is this the first parallel you've drawn between DuGaulle, the French president, and the Starcraft Admiral?

You're about 10 years behind the ball. :D

16. Space Pirate Rojo

Space Pirate Rojo New Member

Canada, eh?
    Well I haven't even been out of my own country.

And I'm tired.

And I've only been out of Alberta twice.

17. HatedSphere

HatedSphere New Member

Thanks for the stats. Is the Planetary Fortress the upgraded Command Center?

18. MeisterX

MeisterX Hyperion

New Port Richey, FL
    Yes, it is. :D