1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Your Samir Duran Theories here

Discussion in 'StarCraft 2 Story and Races' started by vemynal, May 23, 2007.

Your Samir Duran Theories here

Discussion in 'StarCraft 2 Story and Races' started by vemynal, May 23, 2007.

1. paragon

paragon Guest

i think they'd be hydralisks with shields. but hydralisks that can stab too.
    or they'd be a mix between zergs and protoss and have shields. *cough* elites *cough* from halo *cough*

2. silky2007

silky2007 New Member

U guys forgot about one thing ... that the Xel'Naga where the one's who impowered the protoss with there psionic powers of the Khala ...

3. Dxun

Dxun New Member

Don't hate the playa, hate the game. :p

Paragon hopefully blizzard will be alittle more creative with the hybrids, but who knows maybe we'll get a glimpse of one at blizcon *preys* :upset:

4. Dreadnought

Dreadnought New Member

Expansion pack anyone? They are keeping them out of the picture for a while until they have had time to grow :p

5. ShoGun

ShoGun Guest

To satisfy your claim I would have to say that another race also created by the Xel'Naga are responsible for merging the Zerg and Protoss traits together in an attempt to finish their creator's ultimate intentions, and Duran is one of them. I doubt it though, it makes the most sense for Duran to either be a Xel'Naga, or working with the Xel'Naga. Why?

Quoted Duran in the Dark Origin mission of Brood War, "I am a servant of a far greater power, a power that has slept for countless ages, and is reflected in the creature within that cell."

Although Duran is speaking very cryptic, it can't get anymore obvious who he is working for then that.

6. GuiMontag

GuiMontag New Member

perhaps the great power has no physical form, and is going to use the hybrid as a body.

7. Lemonparty

Lemonparty New Member

I wanna play a cloaked Ultralisks with lazer rays with psionic blades instead of Tusks and that can cast spells and that can fly

8. mc2

mc2 New Member

^ What has ultralisk's attack ability got to do with Samir Duran? ^

Back on the discussion, ShoGun suggested that the Xel'Naga created another races which Duran is part of to finish the hybrid experiment. In that case, that "race" has the ability to disguise themselves as Terrans, as well as choose to be infested or de-infested at any time they wish.

9. supersonic159

supersonic159 New Member

I think that Duran IS indeed Xel'Naga because the Xel'Naga's goal is to create a perfect race to reflect the perfectness of them. Now Duran says: "I am a servant of a far greater power, a power that has slept for countless ages, and is reflected in the creature within that cell." now if it is a reflection then it has to mean that he works for the Xel'Naga. I believe that he has been given some of the Xel'Naga's powers so that he could easily slip in and get these hybrids made.

10. Lemonparty

Lemonparty New Member

Hybrids are kewl!

11. CapMan

CapMan New Member

idk, i think he does have the whole hybrid thing down but i still think he is a true zerg in the heart, but then agian he could have ties with the xel'naga. but then that brings up the question on how he got the terran gear and how he has the ghost powers?

12. mc2

mc2 New Member

That could possible lead the the possibility that Terrans are also / have been engineered by the Xel'Naga.....IMHO I do not want that to be the case.

Let's not forgot that from Kerrigan's point of view, Duran started off as a Terran. So if Duran is the Xel'Naga, he has the powers to "Not let Kerrigan sense his true identity". Given the fact that Kerrigan is the most psionically powerful Terran ever, and her psionic power further increased after the the infiltration of a science vessel. She cannot detect Duran's true identity. And when Duran "disappeared" from Kerrigan, she could not sense where he is. So his powers are far greater than that of Kerrigan's. Hence we should rule out that theory that he is a Zerg at heart. If he's really a Zerg at heart, then he won't be able to move away from Kerrigan's influence.

13. Itsmyship

Itsmyship New Member

Where only cool people live... So Cal!
    Also, the Xel'Naga are supposed to be in the highest form of evolution, and can quite possibly go beyond natural limits. They might even be able to go as far as turning themselves into energy, and thus be able to structure themselves into whatever they want.

Hehe, I'm no Physicist, so sorry if my theory is incorrect in many ways :p

14. Star-Crap

Star-Crap Guest

stukov should make a return and keep it real on samir

15. Itsmyship

Itsmyship New Member

Where only cool people live... So Cal!
    Hell yeah he better return!! Nothing can beat a Raynor/Stukov team :good:

16. vemynal

vemynal New Member

omg, i haven't been to this site in a few months, i can't believe how awesome it has become!

and i can't believe my thread is still alive! I'm planning to go through and read the theories that I've missed out on now^^

good to be back^^

17. AnArchY

AnArchY New Member

Chicago, IL
    I wouldn't say Kerrigan has the best psionic capabilities of any Terran EVER, remember the terrans in the Korpulu sector were all criminals and outcasts, I bet money that the UED has got some freaks with more mental power and/or potential than her, she however may be the most powerful now since the Zerg infested her, but in that case she doesn't count as a Terran anymore, You've gotta judge them by their psionic levels without the Zerg revealing their potential to its fullest, because only she(and stukov to a lesser) level have been infested to have these potentials revealed, but stukov wasn't even fully infested so yeah).

Also forget Raynor, Stukov would probably go off on his own at 1st and maybe later link up with Raynor again.

18. GuiMontag

GuiMontag New Member

actually isnt it only the genetically enginered that can have psionic powers?? especially since the UED murdered millions of people that were 'unpure'

19. ijffdrie

ijffdrie Lord of Spam

Anyway, the game itself was surprisingly lacking in appearances by Duran, especially since the entire story seems to be based around his plot. There was not even a single mention of his name!
    As for the Terran being a Xel'naga creation; the events in the novels pretty much killed that theory

Yes, Ursa inspired me, and this was a pretty good thread.

20. en_taro_me

en_taro_me New Member

i think he is a xel'naga.but don't know how he became "human" and why he waited till now to create the hybrids.
    well this kind of my theory.