1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Zerg vs Tyranids vs Aliens vs Metroids anyone?

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction' started by Styles, Dec 27, 2009.

Zerg vs Tyranids vs Aliens vs Metroids anyone?

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction' started by Styles, Dec 27, 2009.

1. Gforce

Gforce New Member

were still in a stalemate with leviathen and the orks in the octavian sector.

2. Rebel Head

Rebel Head New Member

Virginia
    I don't know much about the warhammer40k universe, but I have played dawn of war 1 and 2 abit and those tyranids looked so puny. I am just judging by appearance but the zerg as a whole look far more lethal. In the game the tyranids biggest unit didn't seem to stand any taller then a tank, compared to the ultralisk which has colossal size.

3. Meee

Meee New Member

Poland
    But in the game you could only compare them to other WH40K races which are just as overpowered.

Also, I wouldn't use game for judging sizes. Starcraft would be good example that in-game sizes != lore sizes.

4. Meee

Meee New Member

Poland
    But in the game you could only compare them to other WH40K races which are just as overpowered.

Also, I wouldn't use game for judging sizes. Starcraft would be good example that in-game sizes != lore sizes.

5. 0311

0311 New Member

Zerg fleets would be wiped out by the Tyranid fleets, depending on numbers and tactics it's possible for both Tyranids and Zerg to win the ground war.

Aliens are the wild card, they can't get off world on their own but they can survive in any condition and make hosts out of both races. Whoever wins the Aliens would have spread like wild-fire on some of the planets.

As for metroids, i dont know anything about them so i cant comment.

6. Yaaaa sooooo.... I used to be a huge starcraft fan, I used to love infesting terran CCs, running the little buggers around and blowing stuff up, watching all the zerg mutants big and small getting in their kicks. And then- I found WH40k. Wow. Seriously who needs to make little human bombs when a few genestealers can start a chain reaction leading to the assimilation, ruination, and ingestion of entire worlds! *burp* (sorry, that was Alpha Centaury).
    Ok, so like that other guy, I don't have the faintest idea about the undercast aliens in metroid, but the tenacious foes of the Predators have some things going for them: Face huggers are classy. Chest bursters are good for kicks and giggles. Drones work hard (someone has to bring back all those lovely human hosts and stick them to the walls). And the queen- wow, those are some smokin' hot aliens.

Now, someone once told me this, and seeing as how this is a starcraft forum, lets see what you flamey people can do. Zergs are the scions of borrowed concepts of the Tyranids. What came first: The Zerg or the 'Nid? The 'Nid. Not quite so hard as dealing with all those chickens and eggs.

BUT people like to site the Ultralisk as the quintessenitally most uber human mulcher in the fictitious universes we're talking about. So let me ask a tiny question....do Ultralisks have....guns? Even bio guns? Molten, acidic mucous with which to hawk at their puny foes? I might have missed them, but I think that a swarm of tinkerbell leprechauns with pin-sized arrows launched vehemently from their rubber-band bows could eventually take down an Ultralisk- given enough time, and ample chance to reload, have lunch, abduct some kids and take them off to Nevernever land, but I digress.

Please, dear friends, allow me to provide a brief but startlingly contrasted look at how how Zergs vs 'Nids would deal with this tinkerbell nemesis:

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/starcraft/images/4/43/Omegalisk_SC2_Cncpt1.jpg

Bloody, big, muscular, slicey and dicey...but in a short matter of weeks, it might sustain enough damage from flying faeries to end it's magnificent life.

http://i178.photobucket.com/albums/w262/goblinmaster/Red Locust Evolves/Bio-TitanHierophant.jpg

Big, looooong legs and snappy jaws (great for munching little flying feyfolk) Also, this lovely example of a Hierophant also has little biotic blasters! You can see them! But just in case ye cannot...

http://i178.photobucket.com/albums/w262/goblinmaster/Red Locust Evolves/BarbedHierodule.jpg

There we go, its whole arms are cannons. It's Big! It's Badass! It will eat you if you run/walk/burrow/swim/cavort/fly/frollic/ or even have an explosive kamikaze death wish!

So yes...in conclusion, Orks rule

I mean Tyranids.

<.<

Last edited by a moderator: May 5, 2010
  7. Gforce

Gforce New Member

Hmm, you're using the old edition Hiero and hierodules, the news look alot better.

8. Rebel Head

Rebel Head New Member

Virginia
    I stand corrected.

9. Keldain

Keldain New Member

Winslow, AZ
    I believe the Zerg versus the Tyranids would be a very interesting war...

Ultralisk vs Bio-Titan - Round 1! Fight!

"What the hell are those things... I don't remember spawning them." - Kerrigan

10. Alsojames

Alsojames New Member

I think a showdown with an Ultralisk and a Carnifex would be awesome.

11. Boogie

Boogie New Member

Wouldn't the Tyranids and Zergs just assimilate each other, and eventually become a mirror match?

The question would come down to which had a stronger leader.

Edit - I'm assuming the other two have no chance, whatsoever.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2010
  12. DCBloodHound

DCBloodHound New Member

I think the Xenomorphs will win,i mean they are sneaky so they are mostly in close combat.and if they get sliced to pieces they spill their acid all over their victim/s burning them to a crisp.

13. rowlerypels

rowlerypels New Member

Poland
    Zerg vs Tyranids vs Aliens vs Metroids anyone

Back from the old boards? I was wondering if anyone had archived them. I need to reference something...

Hi again all, btw ;

14. Infe Necromancer

Infe Necromancer New Member

In my own undiscovered Brood Colony in deep space.
    Remember though, the Zerg have rapid regen so the acid would eat at them then they'd regrow.

Last edited: May 23, 2011
  15. Aurora

Aurora The Defiant

The Netherlands
    Metroid Prime says hi.
    Or do Tyranids have phazon beam ish weapons?